AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

Trucker MK

973 posts in this topic

hello Trucker (what drives ?)

I'm doing tests, i changed the smbios(now is imac 12,2 because i put my id on agpm to correct an error on startup) and some kexts

this may affect on the dsdt ? .I have to restore the previous situation ?

news with mavericks dp4

send all  hoping better

@DavidRocha, I'm really not a fan of tonymac, but seems someone disabled Intel HD there. Since there are no alternatives, I guess you can have a try (if you have Insyde H20 BIOS of course!) - http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/100145-guide-how-disable-intel-hd-hp-g62-arrandale.html

However, I wouldn't do it. Seriously, not worth :)

You need to edit your post, I think links to TonyMac are not allowed.

Well, I hate tonymac for what he did and does as much as everyone else, but IMO not even allowing links to tutorials on that site is ridiculous. We are talking about a single post, which was that persons only post on tonymac after all.

I checked forum rules and I can't find anything related to tonymac there. It only says:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Come on, not every post on tonymac is knowingly false and defamatory (although many are!).

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. 

Probably it would be the best to ask moderators directly on this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly Hi all and happy to see everybody active on this post.

I read few page before that you probably need someone to test 1600x900 resolution to confirm that your method work . If it's the case i'm your man.

I got help from Freeuser16 on applelife.ru to get my card to be recognized but got low color depth ( gradient like ) . 

I just reinstall a fresh iatkos 10.8.4 to test a new way to have Full QE/CI and the good resolution.

Do you accept me here :) ?

What do you need first ? 

this is the link to all the files you must need :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a5jaacwsf30nqiv/Kxd5Vsvn3z

thanks

Cordially

So this is my progress.

I just learn how to patch my dsdt and use the same method as Freeuser16. Inject from device properties with duallink to 1 ( black screen if not) and  also force edid with basic parameters changed from 80 to 90 but still got gradient.

I got dual display LVDS +HDMI for sure and with goog resolution for the two LVDS (1600x900) HDMI LG TV 32" (1080p). Have not trying VGA but i don't need it.

@Freeuser16

do you think i must try other basic parameter changes and see what happen ?

What's your device id ? before i'm sure i got 1002_6841 and now don't know why i got 1002_6840. 

@Trucker

when you explain how you get it working you said remove device (plnf) from dsdt. Can i know why it's important ?

thanks

@cchumi,

ATI Radeon HD7670M device id is 1002_6840 for sure. 1002_6841 is device id from HD7650M, which is similar, but a bit different card.

I think the best thing would be to try Trucker's modified EDID, which solved gradients for him. If it works, you can adapt it to your screen using your original EDID easily.

Hi freeuser16 and great thanks for your answer.

I try to put all the edid from Trucker Mx instead of mine and it don't work (lvds black screen). I think it's normal because we don't have exact same screen spec.

Have you an idea of what adaptation i must made. Edid is horrible to understaand. 

I will take more attention to this. And will try to adapt it.

Thanks again.

Another question if i can ;).

Since i modify my dsdt sleep don't work and can't enable audio too but for the last one i never had audio.

cordially

@ cchumi,

Yeah, EDID is a bit difficult and complicated thing. Although pretty understandable, since there is an explanation on Wikipedia for every byte and every bit in these bytes of EDID. I think Trucker created a new EDID for himself with FixEDID or SwitchResX. You should ask him directly what/how he did it, I don't know.

From my side I have a question - how do you inject EDID and what bootloader you are using?

@ freeuser16,

Yeah very difficult. Also I try to change just the bytes you have talk in a previous post. And with 80 or 90 i have gradient or colour banding in real word. 

For your question I think i did like you. 

DSDT with clover ( last revision ) and device properties injection with my edid inside. But in opposite of you i must enable duallink to get lvds work.

I have try edid generated by FixEDID and result was a black screen. But i don't try all the screen spec. And i don't disable the plnf method in my dsdt like Trucker Mx said.

I will take a look at switchresX and will post my results .

I try yesterday to work on a project for a client ( logo creation ) but .... colour banding is very annoying!!!

Hey guys I got it 

strange things I must remove plnf section like Trucker Mx said  then enable duallink for resolution 1600*900 in device properties ( injected in config.plist clover ), need also fixedid who create an edid for my screen but I remove this bytes a51d1278 and paste this one 90261578 to get working without gradient ( color banding ). But now it's just cosmetic , in about this mac monitor tab i got this Affichage : Color LCD intégré and resolution 2560 x 1600.I think i can change that....i make some research.

@freeuser16

another and probably one of the last ... I can't got sound working... Got sound assertion at boot time. I take your applehda and ioaudiofamily but nothing help. After that i will take a look at suspend mode that don't work and in the last time change my wifi card. And this was a full ML Hackintosh...

Great thanks for your help. Freeuser16, Trucker Mx and AndyV

EDIT: I will make a tutorial for explain all the process.

Congrats!

a51d1278 - this is basic params line as I understood? Then it should work with 901d1278 also and this should be better than 90261578. 2nd (12) and 3rd(1d) bytes is your screen size and they should be the same as in original EDID from Windows.

What audio chip do you have? ALC269? Problems with sleep are probably caused by not working USB ports (not working correctly).

Thanks again freeuser16. I asw my error for Audio but i'm not next to my computer . I missed to put layout id in my dsdt. I've just correct that . Will see these evening if it work.

EDIT : my audio chip is ALC269.

I will try to change edid like you expect. But strange thing that it don't work with plnf method and also don't work in device properties injection... Don't really know why.

I will take care of kernel log to see what happen to my sleep. In fact when i put in sleep mode it automatically wake up like a hardware wake up my computer.

Which wifi chip do you put in replacement ? any reference or link.

Thanks a lot again again and agaiiiinnnn

I will try to change edid like you expect. But strange thing that it don't work with plnf method and also don't work in device properties injection... Don't really know why.

I will take care of kernel log to see what happen to my sleep. In fact when i put in sleep mode it automatically wake up like a hardware wake up my computer.

Which wifi chip do you put in replacement ? any reference or link.

Problem with sleep is 100% caused by USB ports, I had the same. You have to inject them, either with Clover or through DSDT.

I replaced wifi adapter with Atheros AR9285 (AR5B95). This one is wthout bluetooth. If you want to have bluetooth, replace it with Atheros AR9285 (AR5B195). You can find both on ebay or in some local shop, difference in price is only a few dollars. Both work very well in OS X.

Great news :)

Actually i use a usb wifi stick and this is totally fonctional.

Do you think my idea of making a tutorial is good ? I must create a new topic for that or here it's the right place ?

Do you think correct dsdt warning is useful ? And what about optimizations ??? don't really find informations .

You can't use original Apple Airport software with USB stick. It's much better than 3rd party applications from USB sticks developers.

I'm not that good at writing tutorials to advise you something :) But you can create a thread for your notebook here on the forum, like I did on applelife. In appropriate section, of course.

Some DSDT fixes (RTC, HPET, PIC, TMR) are pretty important. Simple warnings and optimizations in compiler are not that important, but "nice to have", of course. It's not difficult at all to fix them :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

I have an Acer Aspire 7750G with: Intel Core i7 (2GHz), AMD Radeon HD 6650M (2GB), 17` screen (1600x900).

I am here to ask for your assistance. I have installed ML 10.8.4 and I can`t get the graphics card to work.

I would really appreciate if one of you could give me a detailed step by step list of instructions about how to get this graphics card working with Chameleon`s GraphicsEnabler on a fresh installation (,this would only cost you a few minutes but you could save weeks for me, cause I am a noob and I am working on this for 2 weeks ago now without any success). 

I don`t need the VGA or the HDMI ports working, but only the main screen of the laptop.

Please help me, I need hackintosh this for studying but I am stuck with the graphics and homework deadline is closing in! :D

Regards,

Molna'r Zsolt

Yes I have installed the ATI6000Controller.kext and the latest bootfile from the #1Post (set GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Iponomea) and the system boots without panic, but it doesn't load the OSX gui. I end up seeing the messages from verbose, also it doesn't freeze, because when I type the password and hit return it throws up a few new lines about the login panel.

Sadly I'm working from various sources (I had to install easybeas to generate a org.chameleon.boot.plist and a few other things those haven't been isntalled by chameleon), so I'm not sure if this causes incompatibility or not.

Another problem (I don't know, this might be caused by the missing graphics acceleration but) my system is bit slow, mostly when I open safari elements those require advanced graphics. So I don't know if it is normal that I/O is blocked/slowed by the graphics. Do I need anything to install to get multi core processing enabled?