AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

ATI 6650M GraphicsEnabler ATI 6650M 10.6.8 AMD Radeon HD 6650M ATI Radeon HD 6650M mac AMD 6650M custom personality 6650M DSDT patch ATI Radeon HD 6650M DSDT ATI Radeon 6470M DSDT

• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Pondweed is loaded as default framebuffer, you should start editing this one.Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 9.49.14 PM.png   134.14KB   5 downloads

steve6x

steve6x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Hey @Trucker MK
Do you have any idea why power off doesn't work correctly? My problem is ( you remember ati 6470M i use dsdt that you written + os x 10.8.3 patched kext) when i go to switch off computer its starts to shut down, and then the computer doesn't swich off only black screen.
Other question does My DSDT works with mavericks10.9?

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Is it like this from the monent you started to use the DSDT, try to apply the shutdown patch with DSDTParser, and yes, your DSDT will work with Mavericks, but you need patched kext.

czar

czar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Need help on my 6650m.. I don't understand all of this but did made a dump. Been trying all i could but came up a black screen during boot everytime. :/

Attached Files

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Need help on my 6650m.. I don't understand all of this but did made a dump. Been trying all i could but came up a black screen during boot everytime. :/

You have different VBIOS, that's why you get black screen. Let me know your OS X version, i will patch a new kext for you if you can't do it your self. I also need your DSDT, EDID and IORegistryExplorer dump.

ATOM BIOS Rom: 
	SubsystemVendorID: 0x144d SubsystemID: 0xc0ac
	IOBaseAddress: 0xd000
	Filename: BR39495.928 
	BIOS Bootup Message: 
Samsung Veyron3D HRV Whistler Pro DDR3 64Mx16/128Mx16 600E/800M             

PCI ID: 1002:6741
Connector at index 0
	Type [@offset 44848]: eDP (14)
	Encoder [@offset 44852]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (0x21)
	i2cid [@offset 44922]: 0x92, OSX senseid: 0x3
Connector at index 1
	Type [@offset 44858]: HDMI-A (11)
	Encoder [@offset 44862]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (0x20)
	i2cid [@offset 44949]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1
Connector at index 2
	Type [@offset 44868]: VGA (1)
	Encoder [@offset 44872]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)
	i2cid [@offset 44976]: 0x97, OSX senseid: 0x8
device-1e2c4e:VBIOS trucker$ 

Samsung Veyron3D HRV Whistler Pro DDR3 64Mx16/128Mx16 600E/800M             

Subsystem Vendor ID: 144d
       Subsystem ID: c0ac
Object Header Structure Size: 226
Connector Object Table Offset: 34
Router Object Table Offset: 0
Encoder Object Table Offset: 9d
Display Path Table Offset: 12
Connector Object Id [20] which is [EDP]
	encoder obj id [0x21] which is [INTERNAL_UNIPHY2 (osx txmit 0x12 [duallink 0x2] enc 0x4)] linkb: false
Connector Object Id [12] which is [HDMI_TYPE_A]
	encoder obj id [0x20] which is [INTERNAL_UNIPHY1 (osx txmit 0x11 [duallink 0x1] enc 0x2)] linkb: false
Connector Object Id [5] which is [VGA]
	encoder obj id [0x15] which is [INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (osx txmit 0x00 enc 0x10?)] linkb: false

Hi,

I want to get the AMD Radeon 6550M working on my Laptop. I managed to install and start OSX. My Problem is now the native Resolution. I tried many kexts I found but nothing works. Can anyone help? VBios Dump and my DSDT extracted with AIDA64 are in the Attachment. I hope they are the right files.

No AtomBios signature found in this VBIOS. you probably have switchable graphics and your integrated GPU is not disabled. Can't help you.

can anyone help me?

Can you attach a file from IORegistryExplorer ?

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

@ freeuer16

I tried the DisplayMergeNub.kext, it still does not inject my modified EDID (i can see in IOREg my original EDID) but i definitely see some improvement.

Without DisplayMergeNub.kext                                  With DisplayMergeNub.kext

Attached File  IMAG0950.jpg   183.47KB   8 downloads                                     Attached File  IMAG0953.jpg   125.35KB   8 downloads

You can see here the gradients all over

the lower part on the X

Edit. I managed to inject the modified EDID with DisplayMergeNub.kext + Display Override file (DisplayVendorID and DisplayProductID in Display Overrides) but the result is the same. I would say that now we are from 16-bit color Pixel Depth to 24-bit color Pixel Depth, but not yet at 32-bit color Pixel Depth. I will do some more tests.

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Great news! If you see an improvement, then probably EDID is at least somehow injected. You probably just need a bit different "basic params" value than me.

Values from your original EDID:

80 26 15 78 0A

I think only the first and last bytes (80 and 0A) might have effect on gradients. 26 and 15 are dimensions of your screen (38 x 21 cm if you convert these numbers to decimal) and 78 is display gamma, but it was 78 on all EDIDs I have seen so far.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

I also used serial from MacBookPro and i did not replaced the Chroma info, i will try to change these and report back.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

@ freeuser16

Any suggestions for the "Basic Parameters" value? I will keep looking but this now is much better then it was before, maybe i can live with this.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Do you have this at the end of the DarwinDumper Report?

EDID block does NOT conform to EDID 1.3!
	Missing monitor ranges
	Detailed block string not properly terminated

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Do you have this at the end of the DarwinDumper Report?

EDID block does NOT conform to EDID 1.3!
	Missing monitor ranges
	Detailed block string not properly terminated

Yes, I have both warnings. And you know what.. Adding those monitor ranges actually gave me gradients back, so I left it without them :D Don't know what's wrong with Detailed block string though, it looks correct to me.

@ freeuser16

Any suggestions for the "Basic Parameters" value? I will keep looking but this now is much better then it was before, maybe i can live with this.

As I said, you should try different values for the first and last byte, the middle ones are ok. It's a good idea to try something from Apple monitors: 

iMac: B5 30 1B 78 22 => B5 26 15 78 22

MBP: A5 1D 12 78 02 => A5 26 15 78 02

Cinema HD: 80 40 28 78 2A => 80 26 15 78 2A

Thunderbolt: B5 3C 22 78 22 => Same as iMac

Led Cinema: A5 34 20 78 26 => A5 26 15 78 26

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

OK  thanks, i will try these, but later, i had enough for today :D.

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Wait, it might also depend on injected properties! I, for example, still have gradients with the same EDID if I enable the card with Clover graphics injector instead of DSDT (I use device-properties string, but it's the same). Thus you should also try basic params 90 26 15 78 0A + injection of the same properties as me. Except "AAPL00,override-no-connect" maybe, since this is my EDID injection. I attach plist file with these properties.

Attached Files

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Thanks man, i will try this tomorrow. Now i am already in the bed, i need to be "up & running" tomorrow at 5 AM.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

I've made two quick tests, i added these strings to my DSDT  ( these are relevant for the gradients issue). The result is the same.

"@0,display-link-component-bits", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x06, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 
                            "@0,display-pixel-component-bits", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x06, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 
                            "@0,display-dither-support", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 
                            "AAPL00,Dither", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            },

I also tried all the strings you use but i get black screen.

EDIT. Except "AAPL00,override-no-connect" , i already tried some time ago but it did not inject the EDID.

Next thing i will try to add the string one by one and test with every new string added.

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

@ freeuer16

Edit. I managed to inject the modified EDID with DisplayMergeNub.kext + Display Override file (DisplayVendorID and DisplayProductID in Display Overrides) but the result is the same. I would say that now we are from 16-bit color Pixel Depth to 24-bit color Pixel Depth, but not yet at 32-bit color Pixel Depth. I will do some more tests.

Hmm, I'm not sure about this display override file. Is your screen still detected as LCD? Usually using display override file makes it detect a screen as CRT instead, which is not correct at all. Moreover, on 5XXX series Radeons EDID injection through override file causes gradients, while the same EDID injected through DSDT works fine.

Also I wonder if serial number in EDID makes any difference.. It surely changes DisplayProductID and DisplayVendorID of the display. But probably has no effect on gradients, since my display works fine with original and Apple monitor serials.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Even with mac serial the DisplayProductID and DisplayVendorID are the same 0x30e4 and 0x289, ( In About this Mac is detected as Color LCD when i use descriptor from MacBookPro) maybe it's better if try a clean install and focus on injecting the EDID with DSDT.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 12.36.12 PM.png   506.14KB   5 downloads

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

And here? 

Attached Files

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
The same, Color LCD (In ioreg under ATY,Ipomoea@0 just LCD). But it doesn't matter anymore, I changed the Display Profile in System Preferences/Displays/Color and I can't see any difference now between OS X and Windows. I choose this sRGB IEC61966-2.1

DavidRocha

DavidRocha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
At this moment I'm using the intel HD3000 therefore excludes all other kexts activating video for AMD. If possible send me the kexts for me to do the tests!

Attached Files

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy