AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

Trucker MK

973 posts in this topic

I think it's for me,i use this, on attach more old post

but I think the same because what I used it yesterday and I have the same result

now hdmi with muskgrass

vga with iponomea

just one thing,when start on verbose -v i see on display ati controller .PL..(dont remember)

different from the original ati6000 which loads ati lonbok (or similar)

is normal...

ATI6000Controller.kext.zip

I think it's for me,i use this, on attach more old post

but I think the same because what I used it yesterday and I have the same result

now hdmi with muskgrass

vga with iponomea

just one thing,when start on verbose -v i see on display ati controller .PL..(dont remember)

is normal...

You are now on 10.8.3, right?

Wow, interesting. Normally it shouldn't work this way I would say.. The reason is because on normal notebooks only integrated graphics card has connectors to display, while discrete card is connected to integrated one. On real Mac Books both cards are connected to display, thus switchable graphics works differently. There are some notebooks where switchable graphics works as on real Mac Books (fe. Dell Alienware series), but their price is almost identical to Mac Book Pro :)

The idea is to make the two cards to run in switching, but I think this is not possible, even injected the device (Gmux) in DSDT, as you can see in my ioreg. So, I think I need to disable the bios intel hd 3000, but how? Any idea?

is normal...

That's graphics card accelerator, not framebuffer. It's normal to have ATI Lombok for your card. I also have it.

The idea is to make the two cards to run in switching, but I think this is not possible, even injected the device (Gmux) in DSDT, as you can see in my ioreg. So, I think I need to disable the bios intel hd 3000, but how? Any idea?

Well I just explained in the post you quoted why it is not possible to disable HD3000 or use switchable graphics in your case. You can probably add option to disable HD3000 using modded bios, but when you activate it I'm almost 100% sure you will get not working graphics card.

Ok, but worth a try, and I'm willing to risk. You know what would be the way to do the bios-mod?

No, but I know a person who knows how to do it (he proposed me to try to enable HD4000 on my notebook to have switchable graphics, but I didn't agree :D). Give me the last BIOS update file for your notebook (you can normally find it on manufacturers page) and he will patch it for you.

However, you have been warned it's surely not worth the risk ;)

ge no

boot-black monitor

connect hdmi > ok - sistem info dual monitor (new)

ioreg on hdmi

Try this DSDT, boot with GE=No

DSDT.aml.zip and report again the same as here with ioreg and screenshot

Trucker thanks but i have black screen even if write DSDTold.aml.

Now Ati will be recognized but only for hdmi and vga on full resolution but not for laptop monitor help me....

Try again, make sure you type this correct DSDT=/Extra/DSDTold.aml

Did you copied both DSDTs in Extra?

yes i've copied DSDT in /Extra/ now i try again

Trucker I did like you said starting with DSDTold.aml, however, brings me back to the low resolution and with 3 MB of graphics memory. Instead if I connect at startup with VGA or HDMI brings me full resolution and 1GB of graphics memory .. What can I do? Thanks for everything

LVDS black

impossible ioreg and photo because monitor is in very big resolution and dont see icon desktop and I do not know how to do

i send this info and repeat

by

Reinstall the previous kext or remove the DSDT. I don't have time anymore today, i am working early in the morning. I hope this weekend i will have free time.

Trucker I did, I now have the highest screen resolution, the only thing that I did not and took me before the VRAM 3MB now 4MB. I attach a screenshot of the display :)http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/qww0.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/4xzq.png/

I would like to know if it is a problem because I have installed the latest kext,kext that I've attached.

@ DavidRocha,

Seems that person won't be able to mod your BIOS since he doesn't have Windows anymore. Neither have I :(

This is a tutorial how he did it if you are interested - http://habrahabr.ru/post/182676/ . But it's in Russian.. I'm almost native speaker in Russian and I have to admit I do not understand much of it, so..

Maybe you can find some help on bios-mods.com in English, I don't know.