AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

ATI 6650M GraphicsEnabler ATI 6650M 10.6.8 AMD Radeon HD 6650M ATI Radeon HD 6650M mac AMD 6650M custom personality 6650M DSDT patch ATI Radeon HD 6650M DSDT ATI Radeon 6470M DSDT

• Please log in to reply
911 replies to this topic

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Edit. Where exactly I need to apply this patch, can you paste it again with some code before and after the patch?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

bux_booga

bux_booga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
In my case, it is in the section Device (PEGP), there you must create Method (_DSM), If it's not there. Like this
Posted Image
To Enable sleep. you should use this patch
"AAPL00,DualLink",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							},
and transmitter in your framebuffer should be the same, and in the redsock dump (0x10, If I am not mistaken)

And if it helps, my personality
Posted Image

Pentahex

Pentahex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Very nice work Trucker MK, my compliments :-) And Bux_Booga, I've read some of your russian posts. Thank you for your contributions. I've also been experimenting with 10.7.3 drivers, but I'm still getting very inconsistant results. It takes me on my 7750G on average 20 boots to get a clear QE/QI screen. Otherwise it is a black screen or a blurred screen. Using Osmunda gave similar results to Ipomoea. Sleep works with the latest sleepenabler.kext but sleep does kill the LVDS. I did decide to use Chameleon rather than Chimera. With Chimera I would get a KP with shutdown or restart. Bux_Booga, I'm curious to know how you got the framebufer information into your DSDT? Anyway, thanks again.

bux_booga

bux_booga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, Pentahex! I have never got black or blurred screen. I didn't encounter this problem, since I picked the correct personality. But every boot I have distorted colors. I use Chameleon bootloader, because its performance is higher (In OpenGL EV ~1450 Cham, ~600 Chimera). Sleep just worked for HDMI and VGA. To enable it on LVDS I have used DualLink patch and DualLink transmitter.

I have got framebuffer information on this forum. But there is nothing important in this DSDT section (except DualLink).
Anyway, if it helps, here is my Device (PEGP).

I think, you can use my personality to success.
Once again - Dual Link Transmitter (0x10) don't work without Dual Link DSDT-patch!

Attached Files

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Very nice work Trucker MK, my compliments :-)

Thanks Pentahex, it's not bad for a Trucker :-)

To Enable sleep. you should use this patch

"AAPL00,DualLink",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							},
and transmitter in your framebuffer should be the same, and in the redsock dump (0x10, If I am not mistaken)And if it helps, my personality
Posted Image

I do have 0x10 LVDS transmitter in redsocks vbios dump, but the LVDS never works with 0x10 transmitter in Ipomoea, Lotus and Osmunda.

Edited by Trucker MK, 22 March 2012 - 02:19 AM.

Toris

Toris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Just tested:

AtiPorts=4
HDMI->No GUI,I can interact with the computer
Computer Monitor-> black and backlighted screen

AtiPorts=3
HDMI->GUI,it recognizes only the external monitor
Computer Monitor-> completly dead

I tried with the HDMI cable plugged in since the boot and not

AtiPorts=3 && Hdmi unplegged since boot => Computer screen = black and backlighted

Toris

Toris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
No luck...no gui and if I unplug the HDMI cable and plug in it again the TV says that there is no signal...

applehacker

applehacker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
I've tried to edit but maybe I went wrong somewhere.... I have attached my radeon dump and red socks dump

Try to edit elodea frame buffer since it matches number of ports

Attached Files

Pentahex

Pentahex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
bux_booga,

I could kiss you!! :-)

Patching my DSDT with your PEGP.dsl works perfectly. I did change the framebuffer in the patch to ipomoea, and edited the ATI6000Controller.kext to match your osmunda hex data. It now boots to a clear, accelerated graphics screen every time! Sleep also works perfectly. I'll be testing HDMI and VGA next but I'm confident it will work. I may also look into further DSDT edits to get HDMI audio working, there is a thread on tonymacx86 on this. Just one question, how did you discover how to add the ATI graphics info your DSDT? Thanks again.

bux_booga

bux_booga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Pentahex =) glad to help)
VGA with this personality works fine. But I have no way to test HDMI.
These DSDT-sections, I found all little by little. Basically, it's my numerous attempts. =)
And question to you: Do you have a problem with 16 bit color?
To test, just open this image. Do you see a sharp gradient?

macluishj

macluishj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all, first to thank Trucker, Bux Booga, Pentahex and all their predecessors, that have advanced so much in the 6650m issue.

I have installed OSX in 3 PC,s: a desktop one (with nvidia graphics and Lion10. 7.3), a netbook (MSI Wind clone with Snow Leo) and one Acer Aspire laptop (7750G) 10.7.3.

In the two first cases things were quick and without big problems but with the 7750G i have problems to enable QE/CI. When i boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, I have an usable system but without acceleration: no iphoto, no videos, ....

When i boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes (Trucker kexts and boot) I get the same situation that Pentahex had (one in twenty perfect start and the rest black backlight on screens) or garbled screens with vertical lines pixel displacements, and the ocasional Kpanic. When i have bad screen starts, usually i can work from the desktop hacktingtosh, sharing the screen.

I have the 7750G variant with the i5-2410m CPU and the 1G 6650m card. I have not tried the DSDT way because i don´t know how to get one for my laptop, but i have seen that my configuration and the Bux Booga´s one are simmilar.

Bux, would you be so kind to post or pm me the DSDT file and a quick instruction about how to put it in place?

thanks a lot

luis

applehacker

applehacker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
What dsdt edits are needed to make other cards work? I am desperate here, i've been trying everything.
bux_booga how did you make ALL the edits for PEGP device for frame buffer specifics? could you post quick tutorial?

Pentahex

Pentahex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

And question to you: Do you have a problem with 16 bit color?
To test, just open this image. Do you see a sharp gradient?

I do see bands of colors fading from blue to black in the right upper and left lower corners, but not a smooth transition.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Hi all, first to thank Trucker, Bux Booga, Pentahex and all their predecessors, that have advanced so much in the 6650m issue.

I have installed OSX in 3 PC,s: a desktop one (with nvidia graphics and Lion10. 7.3), a netbook (MSI Wind clone with Snow Leo) and one Acer Aspire laptop (7750G) 10.7.3.

In the two first cases things were quick and without big problems but with the 7750G i have problems to enable QE/CI. When i boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, I have an usable system but without acceleration: no iphoto, no videos, ....

When i boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes (Trucker kexts and boot) I get the same situation that Pentahex had (one in twenty perfect start and the rest black backlight on screens) or garbled screens with vertical lines pixel displacements, and the ocasional Kpanic. When i have bad screen starts, usually i can work from the desktop hacktingtosh, sharing the screen.

I have the 7750G variant with the i5-2410m CPU and the 1G 6650m card. I have not tried the DSDT way because i don´t know how to get one for my laptop, but i have seen that my configuration and the Bux Booga´s one are simmilar.

Bux, would you be so kind to post or pm me the DSDT file and a quick instruction about how to put it in place?

thanks a lot

luis

It's not a good idea to use dsdt file from another computer, you need to extract one from yours. Download this tool. In general you need to extract dsdt.dsl, compile/fix errors/ compile to dsdt.aml , apply some patches and than you can replace the PEGP section in your dsdt with the patch from bux_booga.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
@ applehacker
Try this Attached File  ATI6000Controller.kextElodea2.zip   232.33KB   11 downloads / Fuzzy display, scrambled colors on LVDS, close...

Update 25.03.2012 08:43 PM Attached File  ATI6000Controller.kext.Elodea3.zip   232.33KB   55 downloads

bux_booga

bux_booga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
macluishj, You are lucky man =) I have the same laptop. Here is my DSDT with some patches.
You should patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to make your processor work. If you use VoodooHDA.kext, you should delete patches from Device (HDEF). And my video section is designed fro framebuffer Osmunda.

Pentahex I want to fix it. If you find solution, please post here.

Attached Files

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Thanks for your help bux_booga, sleep finaly works, I am also using your dsdt patch, I only changed (edit: transmitter to 0x10) framebuffer to Ipomoea and VRAM to 2 GB ( 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,0x80) , the 16 bit color problem remains.

Edited by Trucker MK, 29 March 2012 - 01:12 PM.

applehacker

applehacker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
LVDS enabled, but screen is crazy scrambled and wonky.

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

macluishj, Pentahex I want to fix it. If you find solution, please post here.

I've read somewhere that if you connect VGA monitor, the colors on LVDS are automatically corrected. I can't test that right now. Or maybe I'm wrong.

bux_booga

bux_booga

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I was try it, but colors is still the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy