AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

Trucker MK

973 posts in this topic

@Trucker so you can make me a new dsdt ?

I can apply the needed patches on your DSDT and you shouldn't use DSDT from another computer unless you are absolutely sure it is the same DSDT.

Could missing kexts/other os x version + my DSDT cause a kernel panic?

Are you trying to update to higher OS X version or...?

@ Tauio111

Try this for Ethernet DSDT_Ethernet.aml.zip

I know that, but would a simple patching of the ML controller kext be enough for it to work?

Yes

@Trucker soon i will do that thing with dsdtSe, i just tried to make a bootable lion usb with no succes

Ok, I am here today and tomorrow, after i wont be around untill tuesday evening.

Wait Trucker, you have 17.3' monitor? I think that's why it didn't work for you. EDID I used was from 15.6' notebook. It worked for me and Tauio111 on 15.6' notebooks.. You should look for EDID from 17.3' monitor (higher resolution). Maybe your original EDID needs some patching.. But I don't know how to do this.

Let's enable Steves card with his original EDID. Maybe there will be no gradients at all.

Yes, i figured that out when i saw that you guys have 15,6" Screens, that's why i asked for closer match. Well, all i got is time until tomorrow night, let's make something out of it.

I am searching the web now and comparing different EDIDs from LGD

Edit. I will narrow my search to EDIDs from original MacBookPro 17,3" and i will try some.

Edit 2. Well, Google is not realy helpful here.

@freeuser16 Doubt that the original EDID would look right for him, since we have almost the same exact displays and hardware

The only difference being the screens name with minor letter differences

@freeuser16 Doubt that the original EDID would look right for him, since we have almost the same exact displays and hardware

The only difference being the screens name with minor letter differences

It's small but it's stiil a difference, maybe that's why it didn't worked, all we can do is try :thumbsup_anim:

Display working with gradients is better then no display, right? :) At least we would know EDID is injected correctly.

Steve, you can also try Clover, maybe it works for you. Then we could enable the card simply using string, without DSDT modifications.

Edit 1. With encoder 00 I get the messed up screen with low depth colors as you with original edid. Edit 2. With encoder 01 is the same as with my original EDID.

Edit 3. Well the EDID injection is not actually working either with encoder 00 or 01 , in ioreg i have my original edid. The only defference is that with encoder 00 i get the low depth colors.

BTW i tested the above with LGD EDID 1600x900 17,3" EDID found on the web, which matches my display.

The resolution is easily addable in to the EDID.

My resolution is detected as 1600x900 which is true but the size is wrong, it's 15" instead 17,3"

Hmm, what if you use my original EDID?

I think that your fix with EDID injection will work only with screens which are not detected at all by OS X, in my case, my LVDS is detected and the injected EDID gets overwritten with the original one.

Screenshot left - Tauio111's ioreg, screenshot right - my ioreg

See the defference, AppleDisplay - AppleBacklightDisplay, realy don't know what's the defference but ....

post-423012-0-14771600-1368894472_thumb.png