AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

Trucker MK

973 posts in this topic

In your case, PEG0 is the correct location for the patch. I'll try to change/add/remove some stuff and let's see if it makes a difference.

Try this DSDT.aml.zip and give back your ioreg when you boot with this dsdt, In your previous ioreg your vbios is not loaded.

Edit. My bad, it is loaded under GFX0, but do try this dsdt anyway.

@freeuser16

Could you try to complile Tauio111's DSDT with your patch but in the Device (GFX0)

Device (PEG0)
	    {
		    Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
		    Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
		    {
			    Return (GPRW (0x09, 0x04))
		    }
		    Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
		    {
			    If (PICM)
			    {
				    Return (AR02 ())
			    }
			    Return (PR02 ())
		    }
		    Device (GFX0)
		    {
			    Name (_ADR, Zero)
		    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
		    {
			    Store (Package (0x44)
				    {
					    "AAPL,HasPanel",
					    Buffer (0x04)
					    {
						    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
					    },
					  Code goes on

Are you sure that you used the last DSDT.aml?

Here you go.

Edit: I noticed that VRAM,totalsize is <00 00 00 80> I think it should be <00 00 00 40> because I have 1gb of VRAM.

Yes, that's riight, but not bigy, i will change it, it has happened to me to use wrong value but no problems.

Ok, here is your DSDT with only corrected VRAM size to 1GB DSDT.aml.zip. I will try to complie this dsdt with my patch later today if you want to try that too.

There's nothing else changed in this dsdt exept vram but stiil attach the ioreg once more with this one.

Okay, let's start from the very beginning. Assuming your problem can be solved using the same method I used (it should work, since both cards are 6XXX series, we get similar numbers from video bios dump and have same EDID's), that's what we need:

1) Enable card, using injector or DSDT.

2) DualLink patch

3) EDID injection

There are several ways to do it:

1) Using Chameleon through DSDT

2) Using Chameleon through string

3) Using Clover without DSDT or string

4) ATY_Init?

First 2 didn't work it seems, so we can have a look on alternatives. You can try once more with Clover, some people say that you need a key "slide=0" in boot arguments if you have problems with restarts. I don't know if it works, but you can try. Especially if you have Clover installed somewhere on usb stick.

One more alternative is probably ATY_Init kext, but I'm not sure if it's possible to inject all the features we need through ATY_Init. I have never tried to use it.

• Like 1

{ 0x6760, 0x20011043, CHIP_FAMILY_CAICOS, "AMD Radeon HD 6470M", kIpomoea },

your id is included but with ipomoea framebuffer, but i can't do it for you, i made clean 10.8.2 installation after updating to 10.8.3 and i don't have xcode installed, so i can't compile chameleon. someone with xcode installed just change the framebuffer to Pithecia and compile, like this:

{ 0x6760, 0x20011043, CHIP_FAMILY_CAICOS, "AMD Radeon HD 6470M", kPithecia },

and try some of the kexts we made for you, sorry if i was uncler, can't type, driving at the moment.

Why would you need to recompile Chameleon with different framebuffer name? IMO AtiConfig=Pithecia does the same thing. And card is recognized correctly, since VGA port works with graphics injector.

And if we use ATY_Init kext, supported in Chameleon cards list makes no difference at all, since we use no graphics injector then. I will try to create one with all the necessary injections.

I really messed it up this time. Tried installing Clover and deleted chameleon because of that, Clover bootloader has no text and the icons are only stripes. Unfortunately for some reason my laptop doesnt want to read dvd's anymore so I am currently stuck.

Edit: I'll boot my old pentium 4 up and reinstall chameleon from OS X there, if I get it working

I did install it on fat32, problem is that if it fails to boot I have no way of getting back to OS X to install Chameleon. I reinstalled chameleon on the usb stick with my old pc. So its okay