AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

ATI 6650M GraphicsEnabler ATI 6650M 10.6.8 AMD Radeon HD 6650M ATI Radeon HD 6650M mac AMD 6650M custom personality 6650M DSDT patch ATI Radeon HD 6650M DSDT ATI Radeon 6470M DSDT

• Please log in to reply
909 replies to this topic

edex96

edex96

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
hey Trucker which way you use to enable the gpu (edited chameleon with kext or edited dsdt with kext) did you ever think about ATYInit.kext ) I am still waiting for the kext and please make a tutorial if possible I will be very happy

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

hey Trucker which way you use to enable the gpu (edited chameleon with kext or edited dsdt with kext) did you ever think about ATYInit.kext ) I am still waiting for the kext and please make a tutorial if possible I will be very happy

Sorry for the delay, I will make the kext tonight or tomorrow, i am using DSDT + kext. I remember that ATYInit.kext worked at the time when i was using it, i think that i also made some modifications for proper sleep function, but it was a long time ago, i don't even have it now. I will try tonight also the AppleHDA.kext and let you know if it worked.

I believe it's the same since I took it from some tutorial on this forum. You can try with yours and if it does not work, I will post mine ;)

I am using this HDEF, but for your kext to work it need to be with layout-id 12, so it's not working.
	    Device (HDEF)
	    {
		    Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
		    OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
		    Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
		    {
			    DCKA,   1,
					    Offset (0x01),
			    DCKM,   1,
				    ,   6,
			    DCKS,   1,
					    Offset (0x08),
				    ,   15,
			    PMES,   1
		    }
		    Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
		    {
			    If (WKMD)
			    {
				    Return (Package (0x02)
				    {
					    0x0D,
					    0x04
				    })
			    }
			    Else
			    {
				    Return (Package (0x02)
				    {
					    0x0D,
					    Zero
				    })
			    }
		    }
		    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
		    {
			    Store (Package (0x08)
				    {
					    "codec-id",
					    Buffer (0x04)
					    {
						    0x3E, 0x29, 0x00, 0x00
					    },
					    "layout-id",
					    Buffer (0x04)
					    {
						    0x0D, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
					    },
					    "device-type",
					    Buffer (0x11)
					    {
						    "ALC269"
					    },
					    "PinConfigurations",
					    Buffer (Zero)
					    {
					    }
				    }, Local0)
			    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
			    Return (Local0)
		    }
	    }

edex96

edex96

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
if I attach my dsdt can you edit for 10.8.3 and if you make a video tutorial about all these stuffs (manifest(obvious)one) will make me and who has like mine issue happy

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Ok, attach your DSDT and VBIOS, i will look into it these days.

edex96

edex96

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I provided the vbios.rom file with this code

" ioreg -arw0 -d1 -n display | xpath '//key[.="ATY,bin_image"]/following-sibling::*[1]/text()' | base64 -D -o ~/Desktop/vbios.rom "

Lacedaemon compiled a dsdt from my dsl for 10.8.2 but I had a pure dsdt without no edit you can look here

( http://www.osx86.net...html#post136268 )

by the way I don't need the AppleHDA.kext because my alc269 working good (I had some trouble with mic and headphone when I was using 10.8.2 but now I am using 10.8.3 and everything is working fine also launch manager began to work

Attached Files

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
Your VBIOS is not good, i wil make short video how to dump it with AIDA64.
Edit.
Sorry, can't do it, AIDA64 gives me blue screen under Windows 8. If you are still on Windows 7, install AIDA64, run it, right click on the lower left corner, than you'll see something like Video Debug=>Dump VBIOS, can't remember exactly, you'll figure it out.
I also need clean ATI6000Controller.kext from 10.8.3, i heaven't updated yet.

edex96

edex96

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I found it as you said and I provided the ATI6000Controller.kext from 10.8.3 combo update pkg file via pacifist

Attached Files

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
That's right. If you are using different layout-id in DSDT, you have to change it in AppleHDA kext. Or change your DSDT this way to make it work with layout-id = 12:
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
			   0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
@ edex96
Here is your DSDT.aml Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   56.73KB   17 downloads, i also fixed few warnings, and ATI6000Controller.kext for 10.8.3 Attached File  ATI6000Controller.kext_10.8.3.zip   667.65KB   11 downloads (This kext will work only with DSDT, you'll get black screen if you use GE=Yes, so install the kext first, than use the new DSDT.aml. Also when you update above 10.8.3 you gonna need to use your old DSDT untill i patch the kext)

edex96

edex96

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

it's working :yoji: thanks from istanbul "Trucker MK" 

Tauio111

Tauio111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
@ Trucket MK
Can you do my DSDT also? I'm having problems with putting the vbios in the dsdt. Running OS X 10.7.5 with 6470m

Attached Files

edex96

edex96

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I don't know why cinebench gave to me these results

Attached Files

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

@ Trucket MK
Can you do my DSDT also? I'm having problems with putting the vbios in the dsdt. Running OS X 10.7.5 with 6470m

You need help only with the VBIOS or with entire PEGP?

Trucker MK

Trucker MK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

when will you make a tutorial

1. I have one day off in the week
2. I work 15 hrs every day
3. I am not that good with tutorials
4. All you need to figure this out is to search Google few times
5. If you can' t wait, be my guest
6. Simple download/ upload of one kext or reading/posting new post can be pain in the A$$ over the gprs/edge connection i am using
7. Most of the time i am on roaming

Tauio111

Tauio111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

You need help only with the VBIOS or with entire PEGP?

The enitre PEGP, I have tried putting it there myself but the DSDT editor completely freezes after pasting it in
Edit: I also belive my DSDT has GFX0 instead of PEGP

srinu9

srinu9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello Trucker,

Just completed reading all the pages in the thread, it took a while since there are lots of references to other threads. Great and tough work all together.

So here I am. I managed to install Mountain Lion (10.8.3) on my HP EliteBook 8460p and I am using Chimera (v1.11.1 r1394) as my boot loader. My laptop came with a AMD Radeon HD 6470M as the only Graphics card (No integrated graphics). It has a Display Port and a VGA port in addition to the LVDS.

Now the problem is, VGA and Display Ports are working flawlessly without any modding to the stock kexts, but not the LVDS. Here is a pic which shows the LVDS's current situation. It is like half of the desktop is spanned across the complete screen.

Attached File  LVDS.png   510.97KB   28 downloads

After failing with a lot of BIOS extraction tools, I managed to extract my VBIOS with AIDA64 and decoded it using "radeon_bios_decode". I am so confused to proceed further since I can see 5 connectors in the output. I am downloading xcode and once it is completed, I will run the "ati-personality.pl" and see what I can do with it. Mean while can you suggest some thing with you experience which might help me to sort out the problem.

Attached my untouched DSDT, VBIOS dump and Radeon Bios Decode ouput for your reference.

Attached File  Connecter Info from Video BIOS.rtf   1.33KB   8 downloads

Attached File  DSDT and VBIOS.zip   88.21KB   13 downloads

Here are a few more screenshots for your reference.

Attached File  About_More Info.png   21.68KB   41 downloads

Attached File  Display Preferences.png   19.93KB   30 downloads

Attached File  Graphics Info in System Information.png   64.77KB   15 downloads

Edited by ErmaC, 08 April 2013 - 01:25 PM.
Link removed. PLS read Forum rules

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
srinu9, I have very similar problem with my 7670M! Check it out:

Attached File  DSC00100.jpg   110.16KB   11 downloads

It can be partially solved by using different encoder values (01/02/03 instead of 00 in my case). However, then I have reduced color depth (I don't know if it's 16, 20, or 24 bit, but it's not 32bit for sure).

deschutes

deschutes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hi, could this method work with Radeon HD 7570M too? (Device id = 6841, Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series)
I am using HP Elitebook 8570p with i7 3720QM, Radeon HD 7570M. Currently using Chimera bootloader with 10.8.3. No graphic support currently.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks!

freeuser16

freeuser16

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Don't you have an integrated graphics card on HP notebook? Normally they are disabled on notebooks with ATI Radeon discrete cards, but not on HP notebooks as far as I know.. If you have one, then it will be much easier to enable that one, whatever it is (Intel HD3000 or 4000).

deschutes

deschutes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Don't you have an integrated graphics card on HP notebook? Normally they are disabled on notebooks with ATI Radeon discrete cards, but not on HP notebooks as far as I know.. If you have one, then it will be much easier to enable that one, whatever it is (Intel HD3000 or 4000).

Yes that was my initial thought but I cannot find any BIOS option for integrated graphics and only Radeon is detected on windows. I tried to enable HD 4000 but I couldn't...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy