• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
I'm sorry, there is no information there that gives me a clue as to your problem.

If you really want to, you can try to modify the iAtkos install DVD. The reason it is waiting for root device is that OSX cannot find a usable driver to boot the dvd. Drivers are stored in /System/Library/Extensions directory. But to speed things up, a compressed version is kept which is called Extensions.mkext. It is stored in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext.

The process to modify the DVD is to convert it to a read/write image. Grab the Extensions.mkext and expand it. Modify it to add needed drivers. Compress it and put it back into the read/write image. Then create a DVD from the modified read/write image.

Here is a guide to help with some of it: http://www.insanelym...showtopic=67713

Other than that, I have nothing more to offer you.

73grandam

73grandam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Thanks RLF for trying but the guide didn't help. Ill just go down to 10.5.8 till i can find a way to do it or until someone posts how they did it at a later time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy