Installed on Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe starts up but inputs hang for several minutes

douggle

6 posts in this topic

Hi I just recently installed and managed to update to 10.6.8. Biggest issue I m having is it takes forever to start up and once it is started it takes like 5 minutes before it actually recognizes my mouse clicks or keyboard actions is there anyway to speed startup and or this error

-v arch=i386

Did you try USBfix=yes? What boot-loader are you using? Do you have another working machine with OSX? Things come together a lot better if you at least have a working 10. something-or-other; whether it be virtual or actual, PPC or intel.

Once you're running -- after the mouse initializes -- do things run smoothly? If so, have you tried editing your plist?

After the 10 minutes or so it seems to work ok except after running stuff for a good hour or so kernel_task starts using a good amount of cpu then hangs there. I do have another OS X machine which works fine. this is just the first time i ve done an install on an AMD machine. I m using Chameleon For bootloader USB fix is enabled as well

Did you use AMD Utility? Try using that tool to clean up cpuid's that look for specific intel cpu's. I put my OSX86 disc in a shell and plugged into my Mac then I ran Marvin's Utility on the OSX86 root drive. That cleared up a lot of problems such as iTunes and Preference Pane crashes. You might want to run it again on specific folders when you put the drive back in your machine. Read the cpuid text file for specific folders to address with the AMD Utility. I cleared my slow-boot problem by going 32bit, but, your problem seems a bit different if you already tried that with no success.