p5k-e working

5 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...

Great post, robertdes69! A few questions for you about your build:

1) What kexts are in your Extra/Extensions/ folder?

2) Are you using DSDL, and if so, did you create it yourself or download it?

3) This may be a stupid question, but can you clarify the kexts you installed with Kext Wizard at the end of your installation?

Thanks dude! I'm excited for ML to come out this month (maybe tomorrow!)

I have p5k-vm m0b0 and I think I can give you the explanation:

1) I have the kexts came with Myhack, excepting Patched_10.7_AppleRTC (it gives me Kernel Panics at boot), then I have HDEFInject, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, LegacyAppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver, LegacyHDAPlatformDriver and a patched AppleHDA for ALC883 and a patched IONetworkingFamily for MarvelYukon network card.

2) I am using dsdt, but it was made for me by Elviejo, I don't know to handle this. The network, even patched not working without dsdt.

3) I installed ML using MyHack method, so I installed all extra kexts using Kext Wizard in /Extra/Extensions and the patched AppleHDA and IONetworkingFamily in /System/Library/Extensions (the last 2 will be reinstalled after every system update, so keep them in a good place). If you use MyHack, after the USB installer is made, make sure and go in your USB/Extra/Extension and move Patched_10.7_AppleRTC in Extensions Disabled. If you want to try this kext make sure you have another OSX system to boot and to remove it from your installed system in case of kernel panic.