Plz help with snow leo 10.6.2 by hazard

Shaker

18 posts in this topic

hi everyone! i really need some help, here's my problem : i managed to install this version on my pc without any problem, but after restarting my pc it stucks at the apple logo with no loading sign. when i try verbos mode -v it shows me couple of lines and then the screen goes black n freezes there, i also tried different flags (-x ,-v,-f, cpus=1..etc) but no luck :( plz help!! below is my pc specs:

Motherboard: Foxconn 661 7MJ

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 .631, 3000 MHz (15 x 200) with SSE2, SSE3 support

Chipset: SiS 661FX/GX

RAM: 512 Mo (DDR SDRAM) i got extra on 128mb :-/

Video card: integrated ,SiS Mirage Graphics (128 Mo)

3D accelerator: SiS 330 Mirage IGP

IDE controller: SiS 5513 IDE UDMA Controller

LAN card: SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Sound card: Realtek ALC655 @ SiS 7012 Audio Device

• 2 weeks later...

The support here can be {censored}, sometimes. Which is why I end up solving my problems myself (or not solving them at all).

Anyways, you're getting a Kernel Panic, correct? Whatever the case, can you tell us what the last few lines of text are? You can take a photo or type the text.

• Like 1

thank you for your reply bro, i don't think it's a kerenl panic cause everything seems to work well with no error msg. when booting with "-v" it starts loading normaly and then it stucks in a black screen.

Hmm. What's your Graphics Card? Are you sure you're installing the correct driver? You might want to try an external monitor. Another thing I think you can try is using the boot flags:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

“Graphics Mode”=1024x768x32@60

Together or on seperate boot attemps. I'm no expert, so the things I'm suggesting are from personal experiance and from research.

EDIT:

Looking up your graphics card, it doesn't seem very well supported. However, it looks like an external monitor might work. You can also look around InsanelyMac, one thread I found that might help: http://www.insanelym...opic=71308&st=0

EDIT 2:

This one looks helpful too: http://osx86.co/f36/anyone-full-ci-qe-resolution-on-any-agp-t4461/

• Like 1

i got a desktop and my monitor is okay.. i think the problem is my video card. it's too old haha, i hope it doesn't mean i can't get os X to work on my pc... thank you bro i really apreciate your help

no those flags didn't work for me. i'll try the flags you just gave me right away and post the results. (for the drivers i don't know how to do it besides there's no driver for my Vga)

EDIT: there's nothing new under the sun XD .still stuck at apple logo .either i'm unlucky or mac os X doesn't like my PC

Yeah, it seems like your card has next to no support. Everything I'm reading says the only real option is to go without any Graphics Drivers. If that doesn't work, the only thing you can do is look into updating your hardware. Maybe try a different install method (like iAtkos S3 or Hazard 10.6.6 etc.)

• Like 1

haha i'm sick of distros. i tried hazard and ideneb and neither of them worked. i heard the retail SL's install process is less complex than distros. if it works it'll be great otherwise i'll save money and buy a mac :) thaks a lot for your help bro. keep it up

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i fixed it by:

1-adding an extra RAM (512mb)

2-choosing leagacy kernel in customise option

3-using ModCD to boot after the 1st install

thanks for your cooperation bro

Yeah, it seems like your card has next to no support.

It has no support.

You need to disable that in the BIOS and get a real video card. Lots of stuff on OS X relies on hardware accelerated OpenGL.

A Geforce 7600 GT AGP will work fine, except there's no AGP support. This means it will work as a PCI card, at 33Mhz bus speed. This is great for desktop use but you'll not be able to play games at resolutions above 640x480.

If your motherboard has a PCI-E slot, get yourself a nice, cheap 9500 GT (I'd avoid the 8400 cards).