• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DragoonWraith

DragoonWraith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
OK, so I installed Lion with iATKOS L1, following the instructions here.

With AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext (and related files, see below*) installed, which I believe iATKOS did at my request, the computer could only boot in Safe Mode (and then, obviously, it was not getting graphics support).

If I remove these kext files and use the repair utility in Kext Wizard, the computer boots up fine, except again there is no graphics support. So now I want to fix this issue, and get these kexts working correctly.

Is it worthwhile to download AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext from the Internet and try to install that copy? I tend to assume that all copies of it are going to be the same thing, but I could be wrong. Or does something more involved have to be done?

For reference, the last few lines I get from the verbose printout when AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext is installed are as follows.
BSD root: disk0s2, major 14, minor 1
Kernel is LP64
com.apple.launchd 1	 com.apple.launchd 1	 *** launchd[1] has started up. ***
com.apple.launchd 1	 com.apple.launchd 1	 *** Verbose boot, will log to /dev/console. ***
Running fsck on the boot volume...
** /dev/rdisk0s2 (NO WRITE)
** Root file system
   Executing fsck_hfs (version diskdev_cmds-540.1~34)
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCaches/PreheatedUser/Merged.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCaches/PreheatedUser/Login.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
macx_swapon SUCCESS
Waiting for DSMOS...
nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2
nstat_lookup_entry failed: 2
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
DSMOS has arrived
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::startForReal - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
Transcript Offline - Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] failed
█
At which point it hangs

Computer details:
  • Intel Core i3-2330M
  • Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics
(these are the things I know are useful information; if more is necessary I can provide, just let me know what's actually relevant)

* I also removed files from S/L/E that seemed related to the HD Graphics. A full list:
  • AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
  • AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle
  • AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
  • AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
  • AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext
  • AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
  • AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
Also, I removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext, since those were giving that timed out message at the end of the verbose print-out. Fixing those would also be good, but that's another issue (and there are other similar things I want working, like the ethernet card. But first things first).

jayp94

jayp94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
i am not familiar with iATKOS but try this, edit your boot.apple.plist file (cant remember where it is maybe in library/... or system/...) and add something (off the top of my head) like

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

(if yours says 'yes' then try 'no')
Thats the main one,

or

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32 (your screen res here)</string>

If that dont work then im stumped!
Let me know if it works

DragoonWraith

DragoonWraith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
OK, I'm not at home right now to try that, but should I reinstall AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext before testing this? And the related files that I listed?

jayp94

jayp94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
keep the files that was originally on the OS when u installed it. Intel's HD 3000 graphics is natively supported on Lion due to the Mac Minis using it. So if u deleted it then yes put it back on...

DragoonWraith

DragoonWraith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
OK, I tried using the GraphicsEnabler=Yes "Graphics Mode=1440x900x32" boot arguments (rather than modifying plist), and that didn't work.

I haven't tried modifying plist because there were some issues with the install, so I figured I'd start fresh and reinstall. Unfortunately, that failed for some reason and I don't have time to start from scratch right now (there was no boot loader on the USB stick because I'd had one on the HDD, but now I don't). Continuing this project will have to wait until the weekend.

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,466 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

intel hd 3000 only have full support in 10.7.2 or 10.7.3

see if the that 2, appleintelhd3000.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext have u device id

and should work

good hack

DragoonWraith

DragoonWraith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ah, that's very good to know; I'll double-check which version of Lion that iATKOS has. How do I determine the precise device ID for my computer? I've actually had a lot of trouble tracking down precisely which makes/models/versions of various components - I recently learned about lspci for the PCI components, which has helped, but the processor is not a PCI component...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lion, iATKOS L1, Intel Core i3, Intel HD 3000, Safe Mode, Transcript Offline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy