My first patch

musse1

13 posts in this topic

Hi!

I've got this DSDT-patch which i would like to use. I just wonder how I install this patch. I've tried to paste it into the DSDT Editor with no result. Hope you guys could help a complete noob :)

Device (P0P6)
				    {
						    Name (_ADR, 0x001C0002)
						    Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
						    {
								    0x09,
								    0x05
						    })
						    Device (GFX1)
						    {
								    Name (_ADR, Zero)
								    Name (_SUN, One)
								    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
								    {
										    Store (Package (0x06)
												    {
														    "@0,connector-type",
														    Buffer (0x04)
														    {
																    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
														    },
														    "@1,connector-type",
														    Buffer (0x04)
														    {
																    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
														    },
														    "hda-gfx",
														    Buffer (0x0A)
														    {
																    "onboard-1"
														    }
												    }, Local0)
										    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
										    Return (Local0)
								    }
						    }
						    Device (HDAU)
						    {
								    Name (_ADR, One)
								    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
								    {
										    Store (Package (0x02)
												    {
														    "hda-gfx",
														    Buffer (0x0A)
														    {
																    "onboard-1"
														    }
												    }, Local0)
										    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
										    Return (Local0)
								    }
						    }
						    Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
						    {
								    If (PICM)
								    {
										    Return (AR06)
								    }
								    Return (PR06)
						    }
				    }

Nobody will be able to help you with that unless you post more information.

It looks like a patch to enable HDMI audio on some on board video card. What video card, what motherboard?

Where did you get the code from and are you sure that P0P6 is the right place for it?

FInd and install LSPCI, then do LSPCI-nn in Terminal and post the output here. Also zip and attach your dsdt.dsl.

If you have the same hardware, use the search function in your DSDT editor to find P0P6 in your DSDT and insert the code there.

Don't forget you'll also need the generic Method DTGP, the patch calls it at the end.

If you don't have the exact same hardware as the person who posted the patch, then you can't use it.

Hi and thanks for the help!

I've managed to replace the code in my DSDT.aml-file and i've put it in the /Extra/-folder. I have also installed the kexts with Kext Wizard and removed the Voodoo-kext. I did also some cache cleanup from Kext Wizard and rebooted my computer. Now going to the sound preferences I can't see any sound devices. What am I doing wrong?

I can't help if you don't tell me what I need to know.

I think you need to binary patch AppleHDA.kext. Do you have "HDEF" device code in your DSDT?

Nobody will be able to help you with that unless you post more information.

It looks like a patch to enable HDMI audio on some on board video card. What video card, what motherboard?

...and what version of OS X.

Okay, never mind, forget about AppleHDA.kext.

The guide you're following has you install AppleHDADisabler.kext, so you won't be using AppleHDA anyway. "HDEF" code in DSDT is only used with AppleHDA.kext. and is not useful otherwise.

The weird thing is that, now that I see what you're doing, I believe that your video card HDMI audio (that you've added code for in your DSDT) is also driven by AppleHDA.kext, so I don't understand how that's supposed to work when the guide has you install AppleHDADisabler.kext.

/edit oh hang on, I see..I really wasted my time replying here, I'm telling you the same thing that's already written in the guide you're following. The very post where the DSDT code you're using comes from also mentions binary patching AppleHDA and even has the patched AppleHDA attached. Please pay attention, read before posting!!

You'll obviously need to remove AppleHDADisabler.kext (and, as the guy says, VoodooHDA) if you want to use that code.

Why you didn't post in the topic that has the guide you're following in it instead of starting a new topic is beyond me.

In this topic, all you got were replies from someone who is not familar with your hardware (me) while in that thread everybody uses the same hardware as you and thus will be fully qualified to help. Think about it.

Funny I took his DSDT edit applied it to my DSDT and look what happened...

Screen%20Shot%202012-03-09%20at%2012.16.33%20PM.png

and here's sys profiler

Screen%20Shot%202012-03-09%20at%2012.15.25%20PM.png

and sys information (all my audio outputs and inputs using alc 888)

Screen%20Shot%202012-03-09%20at%2012.49.12%20PM.png

Here's the thing which I'm not sure if you're doing. First, you have to apply that edit above the highlighted line below

Screen%20Shot%202012-03-09%20at%2012.40.51%20PM.png

As GV said, VoodooHDA is needed in order for this to work of course.

Once you drop those 44 lines above that part in your Device (PCI0) section in your DSDT, compile that bad girl, install, then reboot with the DSDT loaded and test it out and see how it works out.

I originally had no interest in getting HDMI audio working for my 4850 until I came across this topic and saw that this looked somewhat possible since it had a generic HDMI section applied it and less than 30 mins I had HDMI audio & video working. I take no credit of course for this work I simply just followed a guide lurking about the Internetz to get it working.

If you don't understand exactly what I mean you can just send me your DSDT and I'll happily apply the edit for you. =)

@Gringo Vermelho We've been owning topics lately, I think we make a fine duo lol.

wow good for you LM, if only everything here was this easy.

I did mess around with HDMI edits a while back (it's a bit different for Nvidia cards) and got everything appearing in IOReg and System Profiler as well but I don't have anything in the house with HDMI inputs so I couldn't test it! Later I had to wipe it out when I was troubleshooting something.

Almost forgot something..if you got curious about how it works and want to learn more, go find "toleda"s extremely well put together HDMI audio guides on the TonyMac forums...if you want to see how a tutorial should be written, those are first class examples. He/she should get a hackintosh award or something for those.

About the other thing, you're right, teamwork ftw!

Thank you sir =D

And bummer you didn't actually get to test it out after all that work and then having to wipe it out

Toleda definitely deserves some real recognition because I googled him and sure enough found the thread where the original poster's edit came from. He has a well detailed tutorial that indeed deserves a hackintosh award because it gets down into the explanation without fail on how the edit works and how to apply it.

I would make a well structured tutorial but toleda's own alone speaks for itself with how in depth he went in applying the edit.

Also team GV & LM ownagee 8)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Toleda definitely deserves some real recognition because I googled him and sure enough found the thread where the original poster's edit came from. He has a well detailed tutorial that indeed deserves a hackintosh award because it gets down into the explanation without fail on how the edit works and how to apply it.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

Gringo Vermelo

Thanks for the recognition and credit.

toleda

• Like 1