• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ankiel

Ankiel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I picked up this card for my upgrade from SL to Lion because all the compatibility lists showing this card working OOB as Airport. I cannot get this thing to work. I'm running on a GA-EP45-DS3L with a Core 2 Quad. I installed 10.7.3 using Kakewalk. Everything else seems to be working fine, I just can't get the card to show up. I've tried various Atheros fixes to no avail; I'm pulling my hair out on this! Has anyone else had issues getting this card working in Lion and if so were you able to fix it? Thanks!!

teme

teme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
i got this card. i did nothing to make it work. was recognized OOB as an Airport Extreme Card

Ankiel

Ankiel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
@teme

Do you know what hardware and firmware versions you are using? It should say on the box if you still have it. I'm using H/W A1 and F/W 1.40.

Ankiel

Ankiel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
It was a bad card. I exchanged it today and tried the new one. Worked 100% OOB as Airport.

teme

teme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
sorry for the late reply, but yes same hardware ver and same firmware

glad to hear you got it sorted

3square

3square

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi, I'm having the same issue. I boot into windows and the card function perfectly, how would I know if it's abad card? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy