• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Its in the thread about common VoodooHDA issues, mentions an Info.plist but I cant find one anywhere

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,063 posts
Right-click your VoodooHDA.kext and click show contents. Kernel Extensions are like folders, just with a different icon. Info.plist is inside.

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Ahh thanks! It would help if it said that in the thread for newbies..

Oh well.. tried the solution it had for crackling sound.. had zero effect.. anyone else got some ideas? Would it be I have to find the right version of voodoohda? I have tried a lot already but had no success

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,063 posts
Crackling sound is sometimes caused by forced IRQ sharing. Use IORegistryExplorer to check. Then find the "fix for slow SATA issue" (or something like that anyway) thread over on the ProjectOSX forums and read what you can do about it.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Did you update the kext caches? When you edit a kext like that, you need to update kext caches or else the changes have no effect. The easiest way to do this is to simply run the program Kext Utility.

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
I rebuild the cache I think, but in case I didn't can someone suggest a app for doing this? I used an installer to install kexts, it installs kexts on your desktop and I think it rebuilds the cache too but I'm not sure..

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D

The easiest way to do this is to simply run the program Kext Utility.

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Ahh sorry I missed that, I updated to 10.6.8 now so I'll continue from here, also a side note, I can't get the App Store to login and apparently I need to have my ethernet detected my Mac but I don't know how to go about this, or even what make my Ethernet is, I think it's Realtek but I'm not sure..

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
OKay guys got it working! :D But big problem now my ethernet is en1 and my wireless is en0 how can I switch them around? I've tried lots of solutions on this site but none have worked..

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
If it's working now, why switch them? If ethernet showing as en1 is causing problem logging into app store(which can happen) then I'll be happy to tell how to switch them, but if it's working as you said, than no big problem, just cosmetic and best to leave well enough alone.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
There's a file you can change called NetworkInterfaces.plist...I just can't remember where it is at the moment. You can use Spotlight to find it. :) Open the file and change en0 to en1 and en1 to en0. I would save it onto your desktop and then copy it to replace the original.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/Networkinterfaces.plist but again, if it ain't broke, don't break it trying to fix what's not broken:)

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Got it working myself thanks but big issue now.. for some reason (and I can't figure out why..) Boot has stopped.. kernel panic UNLESS I do arch=i386.. I haven't done anything really other than install the kexts for my audio specific to see if they work and I did it right using an installer and KextUtility and when using arch=i386 nothing works now, safari crashes after about 10-20 seconds, no other app will open, wireless wont either, and graphics have stopped even when I put in GraphicsEnabler, any ideas?

And I need the ethernet sorted for the App Store needed to install Windows Phone App to manage my phone.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
boot verbose "-v" so you can see what is causing the kernel panic, otherwise can only make a wild guess. suspect a 32bit extension, but no clue which one without more info. use a camera to photo the screen at panic if needed.

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Okay, I think the kext I installed said it was for 64bit too but I'll wait and see, its as soon as the boot starts the panic happens though so nothing really gets to run ):

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts

boot verbose "-v" so you can see what is causing the kernel panic.

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Yeah I was doing that, just posting something before I uploaded the pictures but I am booting with the ModCD now and everything runs properly except graphics and im in 32bit but I cannot upload the photo's my only camera is my windows phone and the app is suddenly not detecting my phone, Mac itself is because it detects the phone in profiler but in the app it just keeps saying to connect it so I cannot upload pictures,

Just before the start of the panic it said something about kernel ip or something similar..

Please don't hijack my thread.. Theres a pci fix flag you can do in the boot, not sure what it is myself.

bgrubb7

bgrubb7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Sorry man. My bad. I started a new one...

LightInDark

LightInDark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Okay so all thats visible on the screen before the panic is Invalid kernel ip I have re-installed my legacy kernel but still nothing.. And I'm using the one I have been since install and the combo update, Nawcoms Legacy Kernel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy