HP DV7 2185dx - 4650m: Full Resolution with QE & CI

Serpentza

13 posts in this topic

i can confirm this as working. i installed 10.6.6 today, used kext installer to install kexts to s/l/e and e/e according to instructions and replaced boot plist. works flawlessly. front row, quicktime, transparent menu bar... everything you wish :D i guess it just doesnt work on 10.6.7. thanks Serpentza, you finally made this working! qe ci on dv7 1600x900, i've been dreaming about this day. if you want i can take some proof pics and upload them tomorrow. anyways.. keep the good things coming, good night

• 5 months later...

i can confirm this as working. i installed 10.6.6 today, used kext installer to install kexts to s/l/e and e/e according to instructions and replaced boot plist. works flawlessly. front row, quicktime, transparent menu bar... everything you wish :D i guess it just doesnt work on 10.6.7. thanks Serpentza, you finally made this working! qe ci on dv7 1600x900, i've been dreaming about this day. if you want i can take some proof pics and upload them tomorrow. anyways.. keep the good things coming, good night

Hi chrisys,

can u explain me your hardware, and the correct sequence of installation ... updates, combos, etc ?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After I did a research I can make it this qe/ci works on

HP DV7 2185dx - 4650m

using Mountan Lion 10.8.2 , thanks to Serpentza and smartie77 .

1. I'm installing Hazard 10.6.6i without choose any VGA kext

2. I follow Sepentza guidance to install 4650m.zip

3. hazaed 10.6,61 Qe/Ci works perfect

4. I go to S/L/E and copy all ATI*.kext including all ATIRadeon*.kext to usb drive

5. Install Mountain Lion 10.8.2

6. I follow Sepentza guidance to install 4650m.zip in Mountain Lion 10.8.2

7. Using kext utility I install (replace) all ATI*.kext from the usb drive (that I copied all ATI*.kext there) to S/L/E

8. Restart the mountain Lion

9. Chack on AboutThis Mac/More Info/System report/Graphics/Displays, you can see that Mountain Lion recognised the VGA as ATI Radeon HD 46000 with Vram 1024 MB

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4600

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9480

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1600 x 900

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

I you don't want to install Hazard 10.6.6i first and just make it faster with installing Mountain Lion directly and follow step 5 , and using all the ATI*.kext please ask me for the files and I will inform you the location file you can download.