Tiger to Leopard Questions and Upgrades

DragonHunter12345

2 posts in this topic

I have decided to try and install OSx86 on my old lappy since Linux has became slower for my laptop. I have gotten Mac OS X Tiger beautifully running and updated it to 10.4.11 without any hitches. Now, I found out that many applications do not work on Tiger and needed Leopard to work. I checked the minimum specs for Leopard and I slightly above the minimum requirements for Leopard. So currently, I have two questions.

1. Will Leopard work on my laptop? And if it does, will there be a performance hit or no performance changes? Tiger runs fine on my laptop and pretty fast.

2. Can I upgrade my current Tiger to Leopard in some way? And will kexts from Tiger work on Leopard?

Laptop specs:

Compaq Presaio 2200

1.4GHz Intel Celeron Processor

512MB RAM

40GB HDD

Intel 825/855GM Graphics Chipset (QE not supported on Tiger)

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

one of the first ting you need to do is upgrade you memory. I guess your laptop is like mine, a business one. And no, sorry, you can't upgrade tiger to leopard. The thing that worked for me was iatkos v7, a saver! just download it from the pirate bay, put it on a blank dvd and boot from it and serach in our big friend google for the essential .pkg installations for you laptop.

hope it works!