• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

DragonHunter12345

DragonHunter12345

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have decided to try and install OSx86 on my old lappy since Linux has became slower for my laptop. I have gotten Mac OS X Tiger beautifully running and updated it to 10.4.11 without any hitches. Now, I found out that many applications do not work on Tiger and needed Leopard to work. I checked the minimum specs for Leopard and I slightly above the minimum requirements for Leopard. So currently, I have two questions.

1. Will Leopard work on my laptop? And if it does, will there be a performance hit or no performance changes? Tiger runs fine on my laptop and pretty fast.

2. Can I upgrade my current Tiger to Leopard in some way? And will kexts from Tiger work on Leopard?

Laptop specs:

Compaq Presaio 2200
1.4GHz Intel Celeron Processor
512MB RAM
40GB HDD
Intel 825/855GM Graphics Chipset (QE not supported on Tiger)

gabrielw6

gabrielw6

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hello,
one of the first ting you need to do is upgrade you memory. I guess your laptop is like mine, a business one. And no, sorry, you can't upgrade tiger to leopard. The thing that worked for me was iatkos v7, a saver! just download it from the pirate bay, put it on a blank dvd and boot from it and serach in our big friend google for the essential .pkg installations for you laptop.
hope it works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy