HP 8560W Elitebook OSX 10.7.3 Installation Guide
- Displayport / VGA isn't functioning yet (Dell 2711) I indentified the error and there is a small error within
- Uploading USB pendrive 8GB OSX 10.7.0 - 10.7.3 installation Image to Usenet for easy starting the installation process on your HP8560W. (you need a Mac (Disk Utility) to restore the .dmg file to an USB pendrive). Search for "HP8560W" in your favorite Usenet Indexer. All nessesarry files (kexts / dsdt\s etc are there too)
HP Elitebook 8560W|Core i7 2630QM @ 2GHz|16GB|OSX 10.7.3| Seagate Hybrid 500GB | Original 7200RPM HDD | nVidia Quadro 1000M System Bios F.20 | Cinebench 4,95 MultiCPU | OpenGL 26,5 FPS | Geekbench 64bit 95xx
A lot of Credits goes to legend Andy Vandijck who made the Touchpad working as it should, but also the rebuidling of the AppleHDA with the IDT 92HD81B1X5 codec. To Use a patched "native" AppleHDA you need an adjusted DSDT.aml which is patched by Andy as well. The touchpad, the patched AppleHDA and the "quality checked" DSDT.aml are in my opinion crucial for a good and stable osx experience on your Elitebook.
- I assume you know how to configure the bios of the laptop (what must enabled see below),
- I assume you know how to make a Lion Installer,
- I assume you know how to install Lion on the harddisk of the laptop,
- I assume you know how to install a bootloader to the harddisk,
- Install 2 or 3 extra 4GB memory modules if you have 4GB or 8GB installed. Not really needed but they are currently cheap. Original spares of HP cost you about 25 euros each. The benefit if you buy originals you can leave them in the system when you need a warranty repair. The original part number / type is : 4GB HYNIX DDR3 SO-DIMM RAM 1333 Mhz HMT351S6BFR8C-H9
- Swap out the optical drive and replace the optical by an 2nd HDD/SSD caddy by newmodeus. They are about 50 dollar. They can be found a lot cheaper on ebay but I had a cheap one and didn't perform well on the SATA bus. Now you can install windows on the drive you put in this drive position. This is needed because Windows 7 to Windows 7 SP1 update installation doesn't like bootloaders to be installed on that same drive. Allthough a lot of OSX86 guides describes how you can install multiple Operating Systems on one drive this is a far more easier solution,
- Personally I hate the orange nub on the middle of the keyboard. I removed the NUB's connection to the mainboard. If you like to use the touchpad with all gestures, and I'm sure you like it, you have to disconnect the Nub like I did. Andy Vandijck wrote the touchpad (Cutom VoodooPS2.kext) kext and I delivered him all needed files. At that moment the Nub wasn't connected. So he made a custom VoodooPS2 without the NUB attached. If its connected it won't work so you realy need to disconnect the nub. Sorry for this ...
- Optional: Remove SecureCard / Smartcard PCB covering the harddisk, this give easier access to the harddisk in case you need it see picture below:
What is working
- DSDT.aml with basic fixes and adjusted for Sandy Bridge,
- Touchpad like the real AppleTouchpad with 3 finger gestures,
- AppleHDA patched with cutomized DSDT.aml for native audio,
- Ethernet Gigabit with bridging functionallity VMWare,
- USB3 on right side laptop (75MB/s read write on 2,5inch 5400 rpm disk)
- Powermanagement (Sleep / Battery / Speedstep)
- Video incl QE / CI (Quartz Extreme / Core Image) with nVidia Quadro 1000M
- VGA - Displayport. Due an error in the AppleHDA build of Andy Vandijck Displayport isn't working. If you need DP and or VGA you need to deinstall AppleHDA attached with my kexts and install VoodooHDA 2.7.2 (newly attached on bottom)
- SDHCI (jMicronCrap PCI SDHC reader)
- iNtel Centrino Wireless ->Buy OSX supported USB plug with Wifi-N about $20. The card you should buy is based on the Realtec RTL8188SU chipset. I bought the Sitecom WLA-1000 V1 USB adapter 2.0 dev id = 0DF6:005B. There is even a smaller version. The ultra Nano. But I dont know what the wifi performance will be because the stick will almost dissapear in the laptop. I played save and bought the bigger WLA-1000 version. Not as preaty but works awesome. When you installed the driver software the wifi stick gets recognized when it put in. When you work by cable and the USB wifi adapter isn't present the software wont start. For me its acceptable because I only work wifi when I'm on holiday.
See attachment. (SLE - Extra - DSDT.aml)
No support by DM ... If you have questions please respond to this forum topic.