iATKOS L2, Stuck on Apple Logo - Start failed to get ACPI path for provider

TheNavigator

300 posts in this topic

Well, I searched for some other installations, and saw that iPortable Snow works perfectly for about 95% of the guys who use it, so I'll go use that, check the result and see.

I hope it works

iPortable is not a good idea. It's going to be quite unreliable.

To use the ModUSB you need Linux or OS X. If you pick one then I can show you how.

Well, I need one just to work on Xcode, then trash it

Anyway, let's just wait for it to download, and while I'm working on it, I can work on ModUSB too

I have both. Ubuntu, and Lion installed on VMWare.

You can choose what you think is better. I prefer Ubuntu, though.

Great problem is there. VMWare Lion is extremely unreliable. Caused me loads of BSoDs, and I can't restore the image using it. It looks like Linux is the only way. Any idea how can I do it in linux, then do the Fix thing again in VMWare?

Why don't you just get a 10.6.3 retail disk and then burn Nawcoms ModCD to a disk, boot from it, then install OS X.

It would be a lot easier.

You would probably be up and running by now if you had done this to begin with.

I got a Dual Layer DVD anyway. Took me a while, though. I'll try ModCD and see. If it didn't work, I'll try your suggestion Gringo. Although I don't really think it would work, as iAtkos didn't... Maybe it's because it's Lion.

ModCD was burnt and it's working perfectly

Snow Leopard wasn't completely burnt by Transmac. Transmac came up with an error at 20% of the process... So I'll have to search for another Dual Layer DVD tomorrow and try again..

A little note, ModCD didn't see the partially completed Snow Leopard. Although about 1 GB of space was there.

Got another 2 DLs, didn't work. I got the problem's source, a sudden power flip with the laptop. And yep, I got sure that it can write on DLs.

I'll get another one, unplug the battery and see

EDIT: Can I restore iPortable Snow through Ubuntu and then apply the fix through VMWare? Cuz VMWare causes me so much BSoDs...

Failed for 4 times using Transmac with error code 0x2600 in the middle of writing data... And I can't find some internet cafe nearby with a DL driver burner...

Why does every way seem to be blocked .___.

So, what are the other ways?

I've restored the image to a USB, used ModCD, all that through VMWare

Then I booted, it worked perfectly. The resolution wasn't really good. Someone somewhere suggested installing Chameleon, and checking "resolution" thing. That's what I did. Afterwards, when it booted, it came to that "You need to restart your computer" screen. I didn't restart at all before, though. Not sure if it's essentially so, or chameleon is the cause.

P.S: I installed it on an external hard disk, and I'm using Snow Leopard 10.6

Well, your stubborn yet persistent, I respect that. Just glad to see you finally stopped trying to make iAtkos work (definition of insanity anyone :| ). And glad to see you haven't given up when many lesser men may have. Almost going retail but still wanting to use some similar gimmicks, but I understand you're working with what's available. So with that in mind, before you go through too many DL discs, is there a md5 hash you can check to verify your image is 100% complete before another burn? I know DL aren't cheap. Also it is technically possible to slim SL down to fit on standard DVD, but it's a bit tricky and I haven't done it in so long I couldn't be of much help, but I first did it from a you tube tutorial(requires something running OSX though). Don't forget to boot with at least -v if nothing else, so you should never see restart your computer screen but instead hopefully the reason behind the need to restart. And lastly I'll throw this out as a why not, cause I've never even tried or had reason to use VM for setup, but you may be able to use Digital Dreamers awesome installer script from VMware http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185097&st=0 .(it has good directions too) Since the virtual os does not see any of your real hardware, there are things like DSDT extraction and patching you would definately not want to do in VM ware, but you may be able to use it to make your image into a bootable installer and skip the DL dvd's, maybe not, but a few of those will end up costing more than a retail disk via mail order.

After reading your last post again, did you actually get it installed, then Kernel Panic on first reboot? If so your lack of excitement at at least getting it installed threw me off. But it sounds like you did! So -v and see the real reason it kernel paniced, boot res shouldn't cause a problem by it's self it and changing res for chameleon boot up is not gonna fix your gfx acceleration. All we ever found out is you have intel built in graphics but not specific model. how did you install chameleon and from where?(you should have already had it and replaced it with another copy, also probably OK by its self) but did it include ANYTHING else like a default org.chameleon.boot.plist? Was that the only thing installed after booting?

I got it working now. Everything's working completely fine (except for the following list). PookyMan helped me to get the driver.. Unfortunately, it's GMA 4500.. I'm currently searching for a solution for it.

Also, my sound card is "Intel Corporation 828011 (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)"

It's not a lack of excitement, I just preferred not to show it here. I showed it, though.. LOL.. Finally, after 4 months, it's there.. It's not perfect, but at least I'm posting now through it.

The working stuff:

- Wireless

- Youtube works perfectly. PookyMan said that it would probably lag, but it doesn't (at least till now)

- Keyboard Backlight

- Brightness Control

Stuff working but not perfectly:

- Sound. It's volume cannot be controlled. It's loud even if it's muted.

- Battery. Kinda Crazy.

Stuff not working:

- Resolutions

- Sleep

- Restart acts the same as shutdown

I'll edit the first post to help those searching for the same thing after I get it perfectly working with everything done. Thanks for your help through this long journey, eep.. :)