299 replies to this topic

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Webdev and Gamedev
The point isn't about investment. I'm 15 years old, and my dad won't see it from my own view. Paypal isn't supported, I even thought about starting a new company and they said that I must be 21+. Stuff are awful here, making money isn't easy. And parents won't accept it...

I would install SL in the worst case. It's still something which is working. I'm downloading both Lion and SL anyway. Whatever is downloaded, I'll work with.

Thanks for your link. I've already made this and it works quite perfectly. The only problem is that it's quite slow and I need higher RAM. They advised me to install it as a dual-boot for that reason :)

Oh and I meant iAtkos actually with "working Lion copy".

Thanks for your wishes :)

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
here is thread dedicated to running lion on your same model dell. Read through it as I don't have the time to. Also the members there, having same hardware as you, will be more knowledgable about specific issues with your dell and better equipped to answer questions for you. http://forum.osxlati...age__tab__posts

For faster internet and more RAM, just tell your dad you need it for school :) 4gb RAM kit can be found on sale for around 30$, internet varies, I had at&t dsl for years and they said I had to upgrade (free) to faster uverse or my service would be cut off. Probably just so they could enforce their 250gb a month usage caps on me though as I'm the only one in the area I know of that had to do this. And there are no other options that don't have a similar cap

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,458 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Yeah, dude, being 15 myself I can totally understand. :)

I think it might be a good idea to try retail Snow w/ ModCD. Basically if you can get your hardware working in Snow it'll work in Lion. :)

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

For faster internet and more RAM, just tell your dad you need it for school :)

Just if it was that easy... *sigh*..

I checked the research topic anyway. That looks promising. I'll check them after downloading retail. I guess distros are true to be a fail. Even on VMWare, retail is much more better..

Yeah, dude, being 15 myself I can totally understand. :)

I think it might be a good idea to try retail Snow w/ ModCD. Basically if you can get your hardware working in Snow it'll work in Lion. :)

As I said, I'll wait for it to download :/ But we won't lose anything if we tried making iAtkos work through that time.

I'll try the

You should have tried booting with PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 and PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000

and check now.

EDIT: Didn't work .___.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
well it it makes you feel better.....I had never tried iAtkos on any of my own systems and always have made my own installers with retail and USB drive or a small HD partition when I only had a 2gb thumb drive, I have used it on installs for other people and had success with it. So, since I have a disk image archive of every iAtkos, (along every retail and developer preview of OSX back to Tiger, and a bunch of Windows and Linux distros) just for the heck of it I tried iAtkos L1 and L2 out on my i7, both kp'd at appleACPIPlatform.kext which needs a rollback to SL to work. Granted I wasn't going to spend more than a couple minutes fiddling with it since I have working Lion and ML installs already, but I think having working SL then using that to make your own Lion installer is definatly the way to go. Plus you can boot back to SL after first installing Lion to add chameleon and any other fixes to your Lion install, repair permissions and rebuild caches before booting into it for the first time and if anything goes wrong SL to help repair it, just make small partitions if you don't have room, then once Lion is working 100% you can delete SL and expand your Lion partition to use it's disk space.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Man, that's 9.5 GB of downloading. With 50 KB / Sec, that means 55.5 hours of continuous downloading at a constant speed of 50 KB. Double that, because of my brother and so. I'm letting him play while I'm fighting through the final year exams week.. ,____.

I'm letting them download while trying to force it work, as I said before. Till Lion downloads, I'll try to make iAtkos work (which seems impossible). Then after downloading Lion, I'll try to make it work. If I couldn't, then I'll wait till SL is downloaded and see :/ What do you think about that?

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
http://technotalkblo...sus-hackintosh/

If you are using OS X Lion (v 10.7) to restore your image file to your USB stick, then you will NOT be able to get this installation to run. When Lion was made, tweaks to Disk Utility (specifically the restoration process for restoring disk images to other places [such as your USB stick/SD card] created problems with hackintosh users all over the place. If you are attempting my guide (or most others for that matter), you need to use a computer with either OS X Leopard (v 10.5) or Snow Leopard (v 10.6). These both have safe versions of disk utility to restore the image file to your USB stick. Lion will NOT WORK.

That's a good reason why the USB didn't work. I guess I must wait for Snow Leopard to finish downloading..

.picodev

.picodev

Insanelymac Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Build a wi-fi antenna and steal some unsuspecting neighbour's wireless,10Mbit/s for me as we speak courtesy of some unknown household in the vincinity :)

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
I already have wi-fi. It's a laptop. But again, it's Egypt. 4 Mega(bit) is awesome speed here.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Here comes the saver. It looks like I'll use Transmac.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
It failed .___. It made a big mess .___.

Sometimes it said "No boot sectors on USB", others it said "Unknown 'hd' ", others it said "can't find mach_kernel".. :(

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,458 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Burn a Snow Leopard DVD and try a retail install of Snow initially.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Burn a Snow Leopard DVD and try a retail install of Snow initially.

Still waiting for Lion to finish first and then SL will start. Lion is 50%. About 10 hours are left -___-

Still I've made all my installers using Diskutility, but you can only use it for the initial restore, and then use terminal to copy and move additional parts of the installer to the proper location. JUST RESTORING THE DMG TO A USB DRIVE WIL NEVER WORK. Regardless of what OS version you do it on, OSX DMG's are disk images of DVD's and are meant to be burned to a DVD, DVD's load/boot differently than hard drives and USB's. They also don't include the hidden .boot file which is needed to boot from HD/USB but not DVDnd have slight differences to there file structure. You have to manually copy the kernel to the root of your usb as well, replace the system link for the different install packages with the real versions, as well as a few misc files, then run Chameleon package installer and choose USB drive as destination to install the boot files needed to make it run. Then repair permissions on it. All the same would apply using terminal too, it;s just the way it is

eep said that in a message. How to do that? And which files do I need to copy?

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Okay guys, that must come to an end..

I want to get XCode installed, and running relatively fast. VMWare is really slow and laggy, therefore I'll require a dual boot. I WILL FOLLOW WHATEVER YOU RECOMMEND. I just want it to be finished as fast as possible. I want to appear as a hard-worker... It's not about me, it's just about the XCode :( Even if it was on SL. I just want it working good, with less lag than VMWare of course :(

So, what shall I do? I'm waiting for your suggestions. You're all welcome. Thanks again.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
I got iAtkos L2 DVD. I'll try all the flags I've seen used with it and post the result (if it's something else rather than the same result .___. )

I tried all what I could find.

-v -x -f cpus=1 busratio=22

-v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No mach_kernel

Reached the same point..

I made sure that the USB boots perfectly as both of them simply do the same exact procedures and stop at the same point.

Also, I'm SURE that the iAtkos DVD is working as it works perfectly on a DELL Inspiron Laptop of a relative.. My laptop hates me :(

I got some files from eep including some booting stuff. I'll re-restore iAtkos to the USB, use the files and update.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Copying the packages files, it says "No enough space"..

Terminal just shows nothing after entering the cp command .___.

EDIT: Fixed. I had to empty the trash..

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

I put this together for someone else so just copy and pasting whole msg and link. No guartee it will work, but gives something to try while you wait. The download from my dropbox is 30mb and includes kexts, useful apps for helping install and extra folder with custom smbios and edited boot.plist, disregard stuff I wrote about SL and just try it virtual and cross your fingers:

Here I made this for you [link deleted due to eep's request] since you have SL
we'll try the easy way first. get 8gb usb stick or make appox 8gb partition on hard disk.
Use diskutil and restore iAtkos.dmg to the usb stick or partition. Replace it's Extra
folder with the one I provided, same with the kexts I provided. Use kext
wizard(also provided) and choose your usb drive from the list of options and use it to
install my kexts in S/L/E.. Then run the Chameleon installer I provided and install
chameleon to the usb drive(or small HD partition). Then use kext wizard again to repair
permissions and rebuild caches on the usb drive.Now try booting from it, I've already
enabled -v along with npci=0x2000 so you don't have to type then in yourself at boot
promt, maybe try -x if needed and possibly GraphicsEnabler=No(I also set this to default
to Yes already along with a couple other things)

I followed his recommendation. It didn't work :(

For SL, will I be able to upgrade 10.6 to 10.6.8 easily?

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Well, I started thinking about wrong BIOS options. Can someone tell me EXACTLY which options shall it be in BIOS? I'm on DELL BIOS of course. Version A27.

EDIT: I'm stuck at PCI Configuration End by the way.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,458 posts
Have you tried npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 boot flags? If they don't work work try typing PCIRootUID=0 before each, and then try PCIRootUID=1.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Tried those 4.. Still stuck at the same point, PCI Configuration end, 1 (something), 1 (another thing), 7 (or 20, I don't remember) devices. The SS at the first page, it's the same.

The flags -v -x -f seems to load much more kexts, though. It takes longer loading time. Really longer. And it loads much more files through it (as I see).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy