iATKOS L2, Stuck on Apple Logo - Start failed to get ACPI path for provider

TheNavigator

300 posts in this topic

Burn a Snow Leopard DVD and try a retail install of Snow initially.

Still waiting for Lion to finish first and then SL will start. Lion is 50%. About 10 hours are left -___-

Still I've made all my installers using Diskutility, but you can only use it for the initial restore, and then use terminal to copy and move additional parts of the installer to the proper location. JUST RESTORING THE DMG TO A USB DRIVE WIL NEVER WORK. Regardless of what OS version you do it on, OSX DMG's are disk images of DVD's and are meant to be burned to a DVD, DVD's load/boot differently than hard drives and USB's. They also don't include the hidden .boot file which is needed to boot from HD/USB but not DVDnd have slight differences to there file structure. You have to manually copy the kernel to the root of your usb as well, replace the system link for the different install packages with the real versions, as well as a few misc files, then run Chameleon package installer and choose USB drive as destination to install the boot files needed to make it run. Then repair permissions on it. All the same would apply using terminal too, it;s just the way it is

eep said that in a message. How to do that? And which files do I need to copy?

Okay guys, that must come to an end..

I want to get XCode installed, and running relatively fast. VMWare is really slow and laggy, therefore I'll require a dual boot. I WILL FOLLOW WHATEVER YOU RECOMMEND. I just want it to be finished as fast as possible. I want to appear as a hard-worker... It's not about me, it's just about the XCode :( Even if it was on SL. I just want it working good, with less lag than VMWare of course :(

So, what shall I do? I'm waiting for your suggestions. You're all welcome. Thanks again.

I got iAtkos L2 DVD. I'll try all the flags I've seen used with it and post the result (if it's something else rather than the same result .___. )

I tried all what I could find.

-v -x -f cpus=1 busratio=22

-v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No mach_kernel

Reached the same point..

I made sure that the USB boots perfectly as both of them simply do the same exact procedures and stop at the same point.

Also, I'm SURE that the iAtkos DVD is working as it works perfectly on a DELL Inspiron Laptop of a relative.. My laptop hates me :(

I got some files from eep including some booting stuff. I'll re-restore iAtkos to the USB, use the files and update.

I put this together for someone else so just copy and pasting whole msg and link. No guartee it will work, but gives something to try while you wait. The download from my dropbox is 30mb and includes kexts, useful apps for helping install and extra folder with custom smbios and edited boot.plist, disregard stuff I wrote about SL and just try it virtual and cross your fingers:

Here I made this for you [link deleted due to eep's request] since you have SL

we'll try the easy way first. get 8gb usb stick or make appox 8gb partition on hard disk.

Use diskutil and restore iAtkos.dmg to the usb stick or partition. Replace it's Extra

folder with the one I provided, same with the kexts I provided. Use kext

wizard(also provided) and choose your usb drive from the list of options and use it to

install my kexts in S/L/E.. Then run the Chameleon installer I provided and install

chameleon to the usb drive(or small HD partition). Then use kext wizard again to repair

permissions and rebuild caches on the usb drive.Now try booting from it, I've already

enabled -v along with npci=0x2000 so you don't have to type then in yourself at boot

promt, maybe try -x if needed and possibly GraphicsEnabler=No(I also set this to default

to Yes already along with a couple other things)

I followed his recommendation. It didn't work :(

For SL, will I be able to upgrade 10.6 to 10.6.8 easily?

Well, I started thinking about wrong BIOS options. Can someone tell me EXACTLY which options shall it be in BIOS? I'm on DELL BIOS of course. Version A27.

EDIT: I'm stuck at PCI Configuration End by the way.

Have you tried npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000 boot flags? If they don't work work try typing PCIRootUID=0 before each, and then try PCIRootUID=1.

Tried those 4.. Still stuck at the same point, PCI Configuration end, 1 (something), 1 (another thing), 7 (or 20, I don't remember) devices. The SS at the first page, it's the same.

The flags -v -x -f seems to load much more kexts, though. It takes longer loading time. Really longer. And it loads much more files through it (as I see).

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Finally, after 2 months, I reached a different stage :D :D It didn't work, but well, I guess that's (AT LAST) a step forward.

use kext wizard to replace orig versions with these [link deleted due to eep's request]

Stuck at this now

no7k1l.jpg

If it's GMA X4500, that's definitely a problem...

BTW, I should have the Lion ModCD released in a few days, provided I don't run into any more errors. :)

See if you can get the IDs via Device Manager or Unknown Devices. Look in the FAQ to find out how. :)

Hardware IDs:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_024F1028&REV_07

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_024F1028

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&CC_0300

Compatible IDs

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&REV_07

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42

PCI\VEN_8086&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0300

PCI\VEN_8086

PCI\CC_030000

PCI\CC_0300

Kinda too lazy to read the FAQ :P

I got Snow Leopard now. I searched for SL 10.6.0's XCode on the pirate bay (as I know I won't find it on apple's software store or anything related), and couldn't find it :(

It's on your Snow Leopard disc. :P It's free software anyway; all you have to do if you don't have the SL DVD is become a registered developer (totally free; not the same status as a Mac developer, which is $99 annually). :)