iATKOS L2, Stuck on Apple Logo - Start failed to get ACPI path for provider

TheNavigator

300 posts in this topic

Just tried to install HWSensors. FakeSMC caused me a kernel panic. How can I revert it?

EDIT: OSMetaClass: Kext org.netkas.fakesmc clas FakeSMC is a duplicate:kext org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC already has a class by that name.

Kext org.netkas.fakesmc start failed (result <Some Error Code> )

Kext org.netkas.fakesmc failed to load (<Some Error Code>)

HWSensors Project Copyright 2012 netkas, slice, usr-sse2, kozlek, navi, THe KiNG, All Rights reserved.

HWSensors Project Copyright 2012 netkas, slice, usr-sse2, kozlek, navi, THe KiNG, All Rights reserved.

panic(cpu...................

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):

org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC(4.2.10)@0xffffff.... -> 0xffff......

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0xfffff......

Some lines of the -v logs

EDIT: Well, that's really bad... HWSensors just replaced the whole Extensions folder with its own... I completely lost my old one...

What I'll do now, is just restore Lion OS to the partition and then install Chameleon, and work with Lion instead of Snow Leopard. It's slower but it's better than nothing, and I'm getting more 2 GB RAM anyway so it won't really hurt.

EDIT: Restore to a USB first, then to the internal HD *

I got new SATA to USB kit and I'm booting through my HD now on Lion. Lion's much better than SL, not really slow so I'll just use it. Need some fixes though, so let's finish them one by one.

Video sucks here. How to fix that? I've searched for it and I've found much kexts on OSX86.net , not sure if I shall trust that though.

EDIT: Just got sound working perfectly. Only 1 problem. Mic is only detected if it's plugged in before Mac boots. If it's plugged in after booting, it won't work.

Not sure if I shall enable Mic half volume fix too, though.

EDIT: Well, that's really bad... HWSensors just replaced the whole Extensions folder with its own... I completely lost my old one...

R U sure about that one? Don't see how that's even possible. Sure you weren't playing around in single user mode? :worried_anim:

For your video though, I don't remember what you have, but I thought is was unsupported, did you get it working fully in Snow Leopard?

It's GMA X4500. And nah. For Snow Leopard it's working, but well, the video FPS is really low, like 10 FPS or so. The audio is perfect though.

And I've got the combo update of 10.7.4. Shall I update?

My install is retail, that's first. Second, it's really hard to buy a new notebook. Actually I'll save money to get a monster PC instead, and until then, I'll be trying to get this working.

Isn't there any way to make it work?

No, there is no way to get QE/CI working on the 4500.

The best you can do is force it to a higher resolution ay adding the following to your o.c.B.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x720x32</string>

Obviously change the resolution to suit your needs.

Yea I'm already doing that. 1280 x 800 though, but is there anyway to improve performance for videos?

For the QE/CI thing, Yea I know. That's why I'm trying to develop a kext for it.

You probably wont even have the display out working.

Either way it will make no difference, it's still driven by the graphics card.

I really doubt you will ever get this to work so why not look at a linux distro or maybe even getting something from the HP Probook range.

I recently bought my brother a HP Probook 4530s and had it running 10.7.4 with pretty much everything working (exceptions are HDMI audio (video works) and fingerprint scanner) in less than an hour.

hello

that graphics don't have support in mac os x, never have, and if apple don't give support... nothing new

several people are trying in years to work....

good hack

Reset your bios and set sata to ahci. If still not working, You can also see a few lines up what partition it's looking for where it says waiting on boot device (something like that, not sure the exact verbage) rd=hd(x,y) or rd=*uuid or something like that, again may be slightly different than what i put off thentop of my head, but you'll know it when you see it. If is says a weird partition or has a full uuid# manually change it at the boot prompt by typing in the correct one

OK then, I'll do that and reply with the result.

I remember the Mac partition was 2 or 3 ( hd(0,2) or hd(0,3) ). I'll make sure as I already restored Lion from the external HD through Chameleon and then try again.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm having this issue as well, though I've not been able to find any info on people attempting it with my specific model of laptop, and my own experiments have failed.

I'm trying to get iATKOS L2 running on a Thinkpad R52 1848-CTO. Right now, I've successfully managed to get iDeneb 1.4 running (10.5.6) with almost TOTAL compatibility, it runs smooth, but I want to run some newer software that Leopard just won't allow.

My specs are as follows:

Intel Pentium M 2.00 GHz (Single core, baby! This computer will be a bachelor for life.)

ATI x300 128mb (iDeneb sees it as x600)

2gb Ram

So, if anyone has any preliminary ideas, would be great. I will reply, or edit this post with a screenshot ASAP.a84lc.jpg

opticos...

That computer won't be able to run Lion without the Lion AMD kernel, and unless it has 64-bit support running Lion's finder will be impossible. Also, I'm also dead positive that QE/CI (graphics acceleration) doesn't work on that graphics card, only resolution.

If you really want to run newer software, stick with Snow Leopard. It is still a very valid (and supported) OS. I have a good SL guide in my sig. :)

• 3 weeks later...