299 replies to this topic

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Webdev and Gamedev
Snow Leopard didn't have any problem with iChat, nor network. I've tried using the boot flag, didn't work. Tried following this guide http://blog.waldrond...ckintosh-fixed/ , didn't work too. I'm out of ideas :(

EthernetBuiltIn=Yes is already there. PCIRootUID=1 caused that "You need to power off your computer" thing to appear, rebooted, appeared again, deleted it through Snow Leopard, worked.

I don't know what could be wrong with iChat too :(

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D

@Pooky, Can't we even "make" a kext for 4500?

It might be possible, no one yet has been successful, although I'm not sure how extensive the efforts have been to do so. If you/I/we can do research on video driver programming, look at Intel's documentation on the X4500, and Apple's driver documentation, it (theoretically) might be possible, albeit remotely so. It would be fun to try, though. :)

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Yea, we have some free time, why don't we try? lol.

iChat's magically working by the way. I can't see any contacts though. I added someone, it's there, though.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
I'm willing to try. :) When I have a chance to come back on Skype let's see if we can find some things out together, shall we? ;)

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Sure! I'm ready with C/C++/Objective-C/Some Visual Basic Experience, and at last, a worthy experience of working with hackintoshes ;)

I'll open Skype :)

Okay, so till now everything working in Snow Leopard is working in Lion, except for the App Store. I hope someone can help with that, the preferences pane doesn't even have "ethernet" there.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
what did you have to do in SL for ethernet, or did you bother? if not, what is the controller? launch system info app to find out if needed

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Nah I didn't bother about it as I used wireless. I'll bring you all information about the driver now.

EDIT: Here.

ethernet:

Type: Ethernet Controller
Bus: PCI
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x10f5
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1028
Subsystem ID: 0x024f
Revision ID: 0x0003
BSD name: en1
Kext name: AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Location: /Volumes/Backup/Extra/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Version: 1.2.10

Ethernet is not read because of AppleIntelE1000e.kext . I deleted it as it caused me a kernel panic. I'll try to replace Lion's kext with SL's kext (The whole IONetworkingFamily.kext) and then I'll reply with the result. I'll backup the Lion's one of course.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Okay, so my HD's against me..

The HD is no longer recognized :( I can no longer boot into neither Snow Leopard nor Lion...

I connect it through a SATA -> USB cable and a power cable. I hear the HD starting up and those sounds when it's working, but it's not recognized. I succeeded to get it recognized twice, one of them I kept it where it was, played a little with Snow Leopard, rebooted, then boom, no longer there. Tried a different SATA cable and connected it with the converter, still doesn't work. Tried a different Power Supply outlet cable, didn't work :( Tried with the Acer laptop, didn't work...

It was working till today's morning.. I don't know what happened :(

EDIT: Tested all USB ports, they're working perfectly...

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Just went to a computer shop, as they said, the HD is fine but the problem is with the converter itself.. I don't believe what they said, though :|

Anyway, was going to buy a new converting case, it was worth 5$.. I had 4 .____.

Will see if I can get it or not :|

EDIT: Just figured out something bad.. Really bad...

The HD requires 5V 0.92 Ampere, and 12V 0.90 Ampere. The power supply outputs 2 Ampere...

I guess that damaged it? .____. If I knew so I could use a resistance (Yea I'm an robotic electronics guy too) .___.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Posted Image

VMWare, Snow Leopard won't start...

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
Now, my next question is...how come you're not using the internal drive? If you're trying to protect Windows you can partition it without erasing and install Mac OS without breaking Windows.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Simply cuz I have a 250 GB HD. It's not enough..

That's what I'll do now anyway... The problem with workstation was the unlocker. I'll unlock it now.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,125 posts

The HD requires 5V 0.92 Ampere, and 12V 0.90 Ampere. The power supply outputs 2 Ampere...

No....that's not how it works, it doesn't "output" two amperes, it means that it can support one or more devices that draw up to two ampere in total. If you connect a device that draws more than two amps you end up with a very hot and then very dead power supply, or, at best, one with a blown fuse. If you do the maths, you can tell that your PSU is a bit weak for the job.

(Yea I'm an robotic electronics guy too)

Nah, you're not lol. Maybe this'll help you understand:
http://youtu.be/1xPjES-sHwg

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Yup, can't force amperage upon a device unless it is willing to draw that amount. Having 2 amps gives you that headroom for peak draw such as on spin up. Same as 750w PSU does not use any more electricity than a 500w PSU when running same hardware under same conditions nor does it cause things to explode, but 750w has the capacity to provide the extra wattage/amperage if/when needed. HD will have needed resistance built in

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
@Gringo, Yea forgot about that.. LOL, and yes I am :P Although I still mix between the Volt and the Ampere.. lol... We're making a robot for a competition made in September, already worked with electronics and so :|

And well, it looks like the hard is fine. The converter isn't anyway, so I'll have to restore that DMG into an internal partition :| Will take much work, but as I'm not at (or in :| ) my city, it's quite harder to get stuff. I'm even posting now through an internet cafe's wireless, and will go after 8 minutes.

I'll try to install that into the hard disk and then update. I'll restore Lion (as the SL is on the HD, which I can't boot)

(After a while) WOHOO!! The internet cafe has a SATA to USB cable!! I'll just use it today's evening and restore snow to an internal partition and I'm done :)

THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU LUCK! :D

And well, I hope the HD doesn't betray me again and go dead .___.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
The guys were right. The converter was bad. I'll boot up my SL now and clone it to an internal partition :)

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Installed perfectly. I'm writing through the internal HD now.

I'll pause what I'm doing till I'm back home and then I'll continue with Lion.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Okay, so I'm back. So, how to solve those Lion problems? :|

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Bump

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Just tried to install HWSensors. FakeSMC caused me a kernel panic. How can I revert it?

EDIT: OSMetaClass: Kext org.netkas.fakesmc clas FakeSMC is a duplicate:kext org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC already has a class by that name.
Kext org.netkas.fakesmc start failed (result <Some Error Code> )
Kext org.netkas.fakesmc failed to load (<Some Error Code>)
HWSensors Project Copyright 2012 netkas, slice, usr-sse2, kozlek, navi, THe KiNG, All Rights reserved.
HWSensors Project Copyright 2012 netkas, slice, usr-sse2, kozlek, navi, THe KiNG, All Rights reserved.
panic(cpu...................

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC(4.2.10)@0xffffff.... -> 0xffff......
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.3.0)@0xfffff......

Some lines of the -v logs

EDIT: Well, that's really bad... HWSensors just replaced the whole Extensions folder with its own... I completely lost my old one...

What I'll do now, is just restore Lion OS to the partition and then install Chameleon, and work with Lion instead of Snow Leopard. It's slower but it's better than nothing, and I'm getting more 2 GB RAM anyway so it won't really hurt.

EDIT: Restore to a USB first, then to the internal HD *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy