299 replies to this topic

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Webdev and Gamedev
I've just downloaded Lion 10.7, as I know that 10.7.3 needs some tweeks to work. Would it differ? If yes, what shall I do now? Just use myHack?

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
Just tried to mess up with myHack. Used "Remove Problematic Extensions". This got me nearer. Extremely nearer. I'm having a kernel panic now though. A screenshot is attached.

I'll try to delete (and backup) VoodooHDA.kext and see if that works.

EDIT: IT BOOTED!!! IT F***IN' BOOTED!! THANK YOU MYHACK! I DID IT!!!!

Now I just need it to bypass that "There's no keyboard connected" thing :|

Attached Files

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Plug in a USB keyboard/mouse, and once you get into the OS you can install the PS/2 drivers you need.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
X(

Pooky, I DO have Snow Leopard STILL working PERFECTLY. I'm posting through IT..

I don't have a USB keyboard unfortunately. I tried to delete those 2 <string>(something)</string> things, but I got stuck at a grey screen with just the cursor there :(

EDIT: Sorry about the " X( " ._____.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
Tried -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No, didn't work

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
Can someone help me bypass this?

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

X(

Pooky, I DO have Snow Leopard STILL working PERFECTLY. I'm posting through IT..

I don't have a USB keyboard unfortunately. I tried to delete those 2 <string>(something)</string> things, but I got stuck at a grey screen with just the cursor there :(

EDIT: Sorry about the " X( " ._____.

Not sure what those something strings you tried to delete are, but for keyboard you should just need these

Attached Files

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
And, in the rare case that eep's PS/2 kexts don't work, you can always move ApplePS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext from your Snow /Extra/Extensions to Lion's /System/Library/Extensions. Just be sure you enter the following Terminal commands afterward:
cd /Volumes/yourlionvolume/System/Library/Extensions
chmod -R 755 ApplePS2Controller.kext
chown -R root:wheel ApplePS2Controller.kext
chmod -R 755 AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
chown -R root:wheel AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
I deleted those

<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

from

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

Will restore them again anyway and use eep's kexts :)

EDIT: eep's kexts caused me to be stuck at DSMOS has arrived. I'll use Snow's now.

EDIT: Snow's kexts got me stuck at the same point. That grey screen with just the cursor there, nothing else is. I didn't restore Info.plist though as I don't have a backup of it and I couldn't get one :( Neither I do know where to put those <string> things back.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
Maybe it was something else you messed with and not the PS2 kext. The ones I posted were a bit older, but I happen to have 23 others to choose from :) I'll dig up that plist 4 u, 10.7.3? or diff version?

here's your info.plist and newer version of PS2 kexts along with voodoo PS2 version for good measure, don't use both at same time.

Attached Files

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
It's 10.7.3. I'll restore Info.plist and see what's the result. I guess the grey screen problem isn't because of the PS2 kexts.

EDIT: Restoring the Info.plist restored the no keyboard screen. Using the kexts didn't bring me a panic though, but it didn't work. The touchpad went crazy too. Literally crazy, although the USB mouse was perfect.

I'll try to use Voodoo's now and then I'll post the results.

EDIT: Voodoo's kexts failed as well.. I still get that keyboard not found thing. Touchpad is really sensitive as well, but not as the previous ones.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
remove the others, try these 3, 3rd file is added generic ps2keyboard.kext, acpips2nub.kext is updated for lion with and edited to work if you have PS2 keyboard but not mouse. Courtesy of kexts.com.

And if that doesn't work, do whatever you have to do to get a hold of a usb keyboard for a few hours, if it's truly not possible to get one anywhere in the country I'll mail you one, or order one from China for a dollar with free shipping.

Attached Files

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
LOL. No it's possible, but it's kinda just like paying for nothing. I can get one and keep it anyway for urgent use. I'll use the kexts first though :) If it didn't work, I'll get a keyboard by today.

Note: Are there really 1$ keyboards in China with free shipping?

EDIT: Just copied them. Will try now.

But I just thought about the keyboard thing, we will still have to fix the PS2 thing :| I mean, I will get Lion working (if the grey thing is because of just info.plist), then?

Another thing, about 50% of people fixed it with the Info.plist thing, why do I have that grey screen instead? (the other 50% fixed it with the PS2 kexts I guess :| )

I'll reboot now anyway.

EDIT: Kexts didn't work...

EDIT: I guess I can understand what's wrong now. Deleting the strings from Info.plist bypasses the thing, but it can't load the graphics kexts therefore it won't load.

http://www.osx86.net...en-problem.html made me understand more.

EDIT: Another same problem. http://www.insanelym...howtopic=261588 . I didn't try -x though. I'll try -x and the suggestion posted in the 2nd post too.

EDIT: FINALLY!! AFTER THAT LONG!! I'm posting through Lion now! -v -x works perfectly.

Well, it's crazy though. Performance isn't as expected, no sound, no graphics acceleration, iChat makes me logout (displays a black screen, then the login screen with the password thing), and lots of other problems. Let's fix it one by one though.

First, I'll try to use VoodooHDA to get sound. Second, why does iChat crash? Third, About this mac says I have 10.7. Didn't I just install 10.7.3? O.o

EDIT: Can boot without -x now. iChat still crashes though. The battery left time isn't shown, About this mac says that this is 10.7 instead of 10.7.3, 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo instead of 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Memory is right though, lol, 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM.

No QE/CI.

The system profiler says that I have Intel Audio, but there's no audio icon at the menu thing.

EDIT: VoodooHDA works, but the slider doesn't. I tried to follow this http://www.insanelym...howtopic=267905 but it didn't work. I guess it's because of the permissions. I'll fix the permissions later and try again.

EDIT: Another problem. App store fails. Same as this.

Posted Image

Didn't try any fixes though. I use wireless by the way, not ethernet.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
Wow, and I had a keyboard from China already picked out, $5 with free shipping world wide from Hong Kong. About this mac stuff could be due to what is or isn't in smbios, for appstore, icloud etc, u need ethernet working and showing as built-in en0. back it up B4 doing anything tho...please!!

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
Okay I'll make a DMG backup of it and save it on the SL's partition then I'll make a new SMBios and try Ethernet Built-in flag and those stuff. Read other not working things though, eep.

By the way, 5$? Wow.. That's the cheapest I've seen ever. I have a PS2 keyboard here I got for about 8$ or so.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e6b1d69ba $5.96 and can be rolled up and put in your purse :P

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
1. QE/CI is still not possible with your GMA X4500. It will always be impossible. Proper res is possible, though.
2. Make sure the syntax in the VoodooHDA plist is correct. If it is not <true/> it will not work right. Also, be sure to update the kext caches or it won't work.
3. As eep said, Ethernet must be enabled and it must be en0. Additionally, you must have the EthernetBuiltIn flag for it to work properly.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
@eep, Yea we have that here. 6$. Purse? lol, pocket you mean :P

@Pooky, Can't we even "make" a kext for 4500? I know that this will take at least 6 months, but I'm already ready for it. For VoodooHDA I already edited it, but didn't make the caches. Just made before I left home and didn't have the chance to reboot. For the ethernet thing, I'll try that now.

For people reading this, cheers, I'll update to 10.7.4 and make a guide for you guys. 5 months in few lines.. Lucky guys, lol.

EDIT: Just got 3 CDs by the way, burnt one with gparted, another with Grub Boot Fixer, and the third one with rBoot Laptop Edition (that was eep's suggestion). I'll check if rBoot works in few minutes, I'll check VoodooHDA too and the ethernet flag.

TheNavigator

TheNavigator

Nav

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
rBoot doesn't read the external HD. Will try the fixes for other problems now.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts

@eep, Yea we have that here. 6$. Purse? lol, pocket you mean :P

@Pooky, Can't we even "make" a kext for 4500? I know that this will take at least 6 months, but I'm already ready for it. For VoodooHDA I already edited it, but didn't make the caches. Just made before I left home and didn't have the chance to reboot. For the ethernet thing, I'll try that now.

For people reading this, cheers, I'll update to 10.7.4 and make a guide for you guys. 5 months in few lines.. Lucky guys, lol.

EDIT: Just got 3 CDs by the way, burnt one with gparted, another with Grub Boot Fixer, and the third one with rBoot Laptop Edition (that was eep's suggestion). I'll check if rBoot works in few minutes, I'll check VoodooHDA too and the ethernet flag.

That was like 6 months ago when you couldn't see any of your installed OS's or Windows :) If at this point you can use installed chameleon to boot your different stuff (which is the ultimate goal) then your good. Most your "fixes" are the same as you had to do already in SL, so just remember back to what you already learned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy