Still Waiting for root device

sselshamy

56 posts in this topic

Anyone got a solution for this error please share with us, I see many of us facing this error.

Installation succeeded but error appeared when trying to boot from ML fresh installed partition.

I tried:

SATA set to AHCI

Boot in 32bit mode arch=i386

Added rd= ML partition to org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Chameleon 1820 & 1823

Sill using original dsdt.aml currently used for Lion

But still no hope

my mobo chipset is Z68, but I really don't know what you advised us here, this kext should be like what, my Lion installed using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and compatible dsdt.aml noting more, could you advice me what kext I should look for in extensions folder on Lion?

It will be appreciated :)

I tried UserKernalCache=No but no hope, I was facing same problem before after releasing Lion DP1&2 and solved in DP4 after releasing new release of chameleon, I hope to have it soooooooon

I tried new chameleon release 1824 and same problem still

You mean orangeiconfix.kext? this kext makes orange icons to grey internal disk icons.

It is one of the injectors .only with plist.

It's not in real mac.

if your hard disk icon is grey. then you might have similar injector of different name.

• 2 weeks later...

Boots on your OSX Lion partition, and installs chameleon, Extra, boot.plist, smbios.plist and your kexts on your Moutain Lion partition (just change the installation location). And then you should be able to start on Moutain Lion without the "Still waiting for root device..."

i have seen and solved this many times this way. M/L must be installed on HD 0,2 if you have other hd's or partitions that have a bootloader installed it will conflick. sata drive should be from sata port 1 i f possible M/L should be installed on first patition then the drive will have the ID of HD 0,2 that is what the M/L bootloaders are looking for if its hd 1,2 or something else it will stall looking only for HD 0,2 rearange your HD'S and remove any extra usb or external drives

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You can't use arch=i386, boot 64 bit and remove DSDT for now, should not be needed to at least boot to desktop and can cause probs on dual boot setups, can re-add it later. Also keep in mind even the newest Chameleon versions do not support booting Mountain Lion, you have to use ErmaC's branch with ML support

problem still exists after disconnecting other HDs

Hello!!!, try to reinstall the Folder Extra :moil: , and repair permissions

bash-3.2# chmod -R 755 /Extra

bash-3.2# chown -R root:wheel /Extra

bash-3.2# touch /Extra

bash-3.2# touch /

it works!!!

Good Luck!!! :P

• 2 weeks later...