FREE Loot :)

Kate B.

23 posts in this topic

For those of you who emailed me I'm sorry I'm doing this on my phone as I'm moving and internet has been disconnected so I haven't been able to check email. So, lets try this again, because you are ALL basically my hackintoshing heros :) I'll make a list of what I have and whoever is first to claim, it gets it.

Then I will ship everything via UPS on Thursday morrning, give you a copy of the shipment details via PDF to your email.

3 x Mac Pro Case (empty)

2 x Back of Mac Pro Case

1 x Silverstone Tower in Silver

1 x Antec Sonata III

1 x Asus barely used graphics card labelled 8AC0AI031464

2 x mid-ATX which you can find at:

2 x Apple airport cards

1 x Wireless PCI Card

1 x Ethernet PCI Card

6 x GeminII S (if you could sell these it would be awesome to split the profit - anyone who offers to do that can pretty much have whatever they want!)

12 x Rosewill RV2-500

1 x very used Gigabyte45-UD3P

1 x 9800 GTX Nvidia GeForce

1 x StarTech.com 4-Port PCI 1394a FireWire Adapter Card with Digital Video Editing Kit (PCI1394_4)

NOTE: Bold means it isn't new but is quite new. Bold and italic mean can you sell them and we will just split the profits?

I'm sure I will be adding some throughout the day tomorrow as I clean the apartment and get rid of my belongings. After you take what you want, please respond with above list and add a strike through ithe items.

Thanks for doing this everybody - I just need to clean my house! I've become a computer components hoarder. Please don't feel bad about taking what you want. If you do feel guilty though, my laptop just bbroke so you could either make a small donation or (BETTER IDEA) you could tell the method for hacking a Dell of my choice - it would be much appreciated!

Keep refreshing this post as I'm sure it will be added onto.

xoxo keep on hacking :)

Kate

Also, when I see you strike out an item, I'lll put it on eBay and when you win it using the shipping price please give me positive seller feedback - I'm trying to sell loads of things in hopes of a less stress.

xoxo

Do the mid-ATX cases come with the power supply like on Newegg?

My list:

1x Mid-ATX case

1x GeForce 9800 GTX

1x Gigabyte P46-UD3P

1x Rosewill RV2-500

and according to your list:

3 x Mac Pro Case (empty)

2 x Back of Mac Pro Case

1 x Silverstone Tower in Silver

1 x Antec Sonata III

1 x Asus barely used graphics card labelled 8ACOAIO31464

2 x mid-ATX 1 x mid-ATX remaining

2 x Apple airport cards

1 x Wireless PCI Card

1 x Ethernet PCI Card

6 x GeminiII S

12 x Rosewill RV2-500 11 x Rosewill RV2-500 remaining

1 x very used Gigabyte P45-UD3P

1 x nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX

1 x StarTech.com 4-Port PCI 1394a FireWire Adapter Card with Digital Video Editing Kit (PCI1394_4)

I would like it sent via UPS Ground.

Please check my PM for my address - if you need it again let me know.

I'd love to help you hack your Dell; I have a good Snow Leopard guide in my signature. :)

I'll take the MacPro cases/the best condition one and the airport cards (out of the 5 I have bought from eBay, none have worked lol).

In return I am more than happy to help you hack your Dell.

I am in the UK though so if you are elsewhere in the world shipping the case may be an issue.

Dear JamesLitter, shipping shouldn't be a problem as long as you are okay with paying for the costs. Sorry, I would pay out of pocket but I'm a poor, very very poor graduate student! The Antec Sonata does come with the PSU built in; however I don't think the case you requested does. Also, would you like me to spray paint the mid-ATX's silver excluding the Sonata? It would take like 5 minutes so if you do, I'd be happy to help out. Or I can just ship you the paint as well. PM me :) I'll wait for your answer about shipping costs before I cross your items off the list.

xoxo

******CHANGES******

First I wanted to make it clear that I can pay for the shipping after you receive what you wanted - i.e. I'm not trying to scam any of you, but I understand your concerns because I just was scammed on ebay for $2500. If you would feel more comfortable sending the shipping costs through Paypal after you have received your requested items that's completely fine. That is the reason I was going to put them up on eBay for you so that if anyone was paranoid about a scam, you can rest assured that eBay and Paypal would refund you money (but don't worry - I'm not cheating!)

Updated list:

3 x Mac Pro Case (empty)

2 x Back of Mac Pro Case

1 x Antec Sonata III

1 x mid-ATX remaining

2 x Apple airport cards

1 x Wireless PCI Card

1 x Ethernet PCI Card

6 x GeminiII S

11 x Rosewill RV2-500 remaining

1 x nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX

If you don't mind, I'd like to pay after receiving the items through PayPal. Just to make sure everything's OK. ;)

And if you didn't get my PM earlier, I would love to have the case painted silver. :)

No problem at all - I wouldn't trust a random person over the internet these days either so I completely understand! No need to pay the shipping now, but I would appreciate it if you could buy it now for 99 cents and then just reimburse me.

I set up a eBay listings for you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=300668985377

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

Please leave feedback for each separately :)

And no problem painting the case silver.

I did however notice that you are shipping it media mail, but with my experience media mail is reserved for items like DVDs, books, CDs, iPods, etc. (so you might want to check into that.

Have a great day,

Kate

No. She has the case and the tray available, but you have to mod it yourself. She only is offering the modding materials, which I believe have been already claimed.

Dear Michaelkk, I do have one case back including its modded tray. If you would like it, please let me know and I'll ship it over :)

Thanks,

Kate

If there are no other takers from the followinng list, I will put the merchandise up on eBay for a larger price of course.

Here's what is remaining

******CHANGES******

First I wanted to make it clear that I can pay for the shipping after you receive what you wanted - i.e. I'm not trying to scam any of you, but I understand your concerns because I just was scammed on ebay for $2500. If you would feel more comfortable sending the shipping costs through Paypal after you have received your requested items that's completely fine. That is the reason I was going to put them up on eBay for you so that if anyone was paranoid about a scam, you can rest assured that eBay and Paypal would refund you money (but don't worry - I'm not cheating!)

Updated list:

2 x Mac Pro Case (empty)

1 x Back of Mac Pro Case

1 x Antec Sonata III

1 x mid-ATX remaining

1 x Wireless PCI Card

1 x Ethernet PCI Card

6 x GeminiII S

10 x Rosewill RV2-500 remaining

I hope you guys willl take anything you want. It was this forum that inspired me to make a kick ass 12 core computer which retails at apple for $32000 and I mad it from about $5000 so I owe you guys big time!

Please feel free to take anything from above and when I mentioned that it would be nice to share the profits on the the two lots, that doesn't really matter. I just need the house cleaned up and also needed to thank you all :)

Have a wonderful day and help yourself, you could even resell it on eBay!

:) Kate

I'll take the ASUS graphics card and a GeminiII S if you can send it in the same shipment. :)

And if it can't be in the same shipment, I'd like the ASUS card and the Gemini sent via USPS, if possible. ;)

Sorry pal; I already took the mobo. ;)

If you go to the UPS website you can calculate the shipping price (roughly). If you look in the old FREE Mac Pro Cases topic she had dimensions and weights (for the cases).

Kate B.

This situation is a bit odd, to put it mildly.

Let's summarize, shall we?

1)In this topic http://www.insanelym...howtopic=268134 you were selling a "beast", but you never replied to somebody asking for the price.

2)But in this topic you were asking for help for what presumably was a much cheaper hack: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=269957 It didn't look as if you were seriously looking for help, as you gave very few details.

3)Then you give away 5 (five) free cases http://www.insanelym...howtopic=276194

Odd for somebody who has a "hackintosh online store" http://www.insanelym...howtopic=271542

4)Finally you "give away" (well almost) a lot of stuff in this topic.

I am looking forward to seeing how this story ends, and if anybody really gets free stuff.

Edit, 5 March 2012. At least one user did indeed get a lot of free staff. All's well that ends well.

• Like 1