Hope for intel HD 5700/ 8086 gma on Mountain Lion?

irako

9 posts in this topic

i'm using lion 10.7.3 in lion when i install intelhdgraphics i get lines all over and i can't see anything so i was using the Geforce with intel idea instead of nvidia. so today i used intelhdgraphics and intelhdgraphicsga from mountain lion and i was surprised no lines and it gives acceleration. but the problem was when you drag or slid any window the lines come in and you can't see anything. so i solved that by removing intelhdgraphicsga.kext. i think there is a hope in mountain lion, also i noticed that they don't have opengl plugin i don't know why. but so far i'm still failing to load the intelhdgraphicsfb. it needs some work but its not impossible as some people said or gave up. because i used to get transparent menu bar in snow leopard. hope some one work on these kexts.

• Like 2

Hello Mehdymehdy, I got transparent menu bar when i used SL, with a tutorial from one of the guys around here, but then im using lion 10.7.3 also and i'd like to test your method, if you can tell me what you did to get it, i'll appreciate it, and if you can share the kexts from mountain lion, because i just cant download due my super slow connection :S, i have the hope that soon we can get it work...

A last question, do you got custom resolution???? thanx!!!!

• 1 month later...

i'm using lion 10.7.3 in lion when i install intelhdgraphics i get lines all over and i can't see anything so i was using the Geforce with intel idea instead of nvidia. so today i used intelhdgraphics and intelhdgraphicsga from mountain lion and i was surprised no lines and it gives acceleration. but the problem was when you drag or slid any window the lines come in and you can't see anything. so i solved that by removing intelhdgraphicsga.kext. i think there is a hope in mountain lion, also i noticed that they don't have opengl plugin i don't know why. but so far i'm still failing to load the intelhdgraphicsfb. it needs some work but its not impossible as some people said or gave up. because i used to get transparent menu bar in snow leopard. hope some one work on these kexts.

Mind sharing these kexts?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanx Anerik, I checked this thread before and the manor kexts doesnt work for me, it seems that he had nvidia 330 besides the intel, or something like that, does it works for you???? how did you get full res???

thanx again!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

mehdymehdy shame that not even share the files you used.

Yeah, is a shame that people don't share their knowledge...

And BlackMagic, in your sign says that you got 1366x768 resolution, can you tell me how did you get it???? thnx so much!!!