3 replies to this topic

rjosxasus

rjosxasus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
hello all,

I just updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 via combo update. Upon restart I cannot boot, and I'm getting this message:

Invalid sandbox profile for pid 16 (invalid regex)

The message repeats every few seconds, counting up 1 by one forever... see the attached image for clarification. I am running in RAID 0 and haven't had this error before in previous updates.

thanks for any ideas.

Attached Files

Fienx

Fienx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

If you Target disk boot your machine and apply the 10.7.3 combo update to it from another computer that should fix the problem. It did for me anyway.

rjosxasus

rjosxasus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Thank you for the suggestion, Fienx. I tried this, but when i restarted, I get the same errors. I've also tried restoring the Sandbox.kext from 10.7.2, and bootcache.kext. with no luck.

rjosxasus

rjosxasus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
the problem seems to be that is cannot find the bootcache.playlist. I'm getting BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist

I have tried the following:

-installing the bootcache.kext and sandbox.kext from a working 10.7.2 (did not work)
-booting from a backup image, and repairing permissions on the raid volume with Kext Wizard
-attempting this bootcachecontrol -f /var/db/bootcache.playlist generate /dev/rdisk0s3 but i get an error saying it cannot find the UUID
-in terminal, single user, "chmod -N -R /Volumes"
-in disk utility (of the backup image) I tried to verify and repair permissions on the Raid volume, but when i click each button, nothing happens, no progress or anything.

anyone with other ideas? thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy