[Issue + Fix] iCloud and iMessage

ikingblack

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've noticed some people are having trouble setting up iCloud, similar to the App Store in Lion. Well, I've discovered a solution

1. Obtain your DSDT. If you don't have one, go here to download one. You'll need an account, I'm afraid.

2. Drop your DSDT file into /Extra on your Mountain Lion install. Be sure to name it "DSDT.aml"

3. Reboot your system.

4. Check iCloud or iMessage.

5. ???

6. Profit.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although well intentioned and a possible solution for some, I don't think downloading a pre-patched DSDT from a site that only has a few (mostly gigabyte) motherboard models to choose from, would be considered a "fix". Since we are all using newer versions of Chameleon, iCloud issues usually occur do to either (or both) ethernet not detected as built in/en0; and/or lack of a unique valid serial # in smbios. Smbios can be fixed using chameleon wizard. You should also be able to avoid the need to patch DSDT for built in ethernet by allowing Chameleon to handle it for you, just add to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

which can also be done using chameleon wizard.

Or patch your own DSDT for built in ethernet to which directions can be found with a quick google serach.

If there are other new ML DP4 icloud issues I'm not aware of that are solved by database DSDT's patched before ML was even a twinkle in Apple's eye, then will want to know what is patched to be able to apply same fix to a wider range of mobo models.