HD6870

Nanael

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an hd6870 which is working well with lion but with mountain lion not...

If I use GE=Yes I got a white screen and if I don't use it I have everything working but the card is reconise as a hd6xxx.

Did you have an idea?

I have a HD6870 in one machine and a HD6850 in my other. Both work very well with everything functional. Both show up as ATI Radeon HD 6xxx in the System Information. I believe this to be normal.

Keep in mind this is the first DP so little cosmetic fixes will be fixed eventually so long as the card is actually functional I believe that matters. If you recall, there was the N50 naming scheme for the 68xx cards back around when Lion first came out. For the most part, the 68xx cards work OOB with ML.

Hi,

I have an hd6870 which is working well with lion but with mountain lion not...

If I use GE=Yes I got a white screen and if I don't use it I have everything working but the card is reconise as a hd6xxx.

Did you have an idea?

Try GraphicsEnabler=y AtiConfig=Duckweed, worked for me. :P

They changed the frame buffer to "Bulrushes" from "Duckweed" (for what reason, I don't know....it's wrong) in the later versions of Chameleon. The white screen is because "Bulrushes" is being loaded. If you use nothing you get HD6XXX in System Info (and DVD player will crash). Combine the 2 and you get a working GFX card, and it should be labeled correctly i.e. mine is listed as Sapphire Radeon HD6870.

• 5 months later...