7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to hackintoshing. I'm running a triple core AMD Anthlon 3.1 GHZ Proccesor with a 785G chipset. I have a 1TB internal HDD and a 120 GB External. Currently, I have a hackintosh running on the external BUT

Where can I find a kext for my ATI Radeon 4200 Video Card? Seriosuly I looked everywhere but couldn't find one.

Also I am running my hackintosh on an external. Should I partition my internal and dualboot since I want to make it my daily driver.

Where can I find a wifi kext. I have an 802.11n card on this computer but I was unable to find a kext for it.

Thanks everyone,

-Momin

What is your exact OS ? For example, there is 10.5.3 (Leopard), 10.6.3, 10.6.6 (SL), 10.7.2 (Lion), and now there's an alpha Version of 10.8.x

Every kext/driver seems to work for a dedicated OS version.

You need to inform us of the name of your Wifi card too.

However I'm a newbie, I got the same issues of you for video, and, most of all, Internet.... but I think I saw kexts for 4000 series of ATIs.

Sorry I can't help you. But as the above poster stated -- more info is needed.

I'm not sure about enabling video cards on any AMD machine (not mine anyway).

I've tried every different version of tutorial out there and still -- no love for my NV 7150 or my GeForce 6200.

I've patched, kexted, scripted and DSDT'd my machines to death -- nothing.

What is your exact OS ? For example, there is 10.5.3 (Leopard), 10.6.3, 10.6.6 (SL), 10.7.2 (Lion), and now there's an alpha Version of 10.8.x

Every kext/driver seems to work for a dedicated OS version.

You need to inform us of the name of your Wifi card too.

However I'm a newbie, I got the same issues of you for video, and, most of all, Internet.... but I think I saw kexts for 4000 series of ATIs.

I am running 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) .And where did you see the kexts for 4000 series of ATI?

Here is my network specs:

LAN: Gigabit 10-Base-GT

• Interface: Integrated into motherboard

• Technology: Realtek 8111C

• Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100/1000 Mb/

• Transmission standards: Gigabit 10-Base-GT Ethernet

802.11 Wireless b/g/n PCI-E Mini card

I am on an AMD too with a stable 10.6.8 installation. Just about everything you need can be found here : http://www.osx86.net/ or google. Search the blogs and forums.

And when you ask if you should partition your internal drive so you can dual boot, what OS's do you intend to use? If you plan to use OS X on both partitions, I would say it is just a personal preference and to do it if you want. But I have learned the hard way that dual booting OS X and Windows or Linux on the same drive can be problematic, particularly for someone new to OSx86. Having a stable install on an external drive is a wise thing, and IMHO I would keep it that way. It also facilitates system and disk maintenance on your internal drives. Kind of like working on a car. It is always nice to have 2 cars: one car that runs so you can go to the parts store to get something for the car that doesn't run.