• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

ApexDE

ApexDE

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Anyone has experience with AppleRTC.kext and OS X Mavericks? Does it still cause CMOS Resets? Do we still need patching?

nyolc8

nyolc8

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Yes, use this:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Onixs

Onixs

Since 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Anyone has experience with AppleRTC.kext and OS X Mavericks? Does it still cause CMOS Resets? Do we still need patching?

Where does it resets, from sleep and restart or restart only?

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

This is the latest AppleRTC.kext (version 2.0) working 100% on my Mavericks GM on Gigabyte mobo EX58-UD5  :)

Attached File  AppleRTC.kext.zip   24.55KB   161 downloads

Good luck

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.

With the patched AppleRTC in ML, I have to change the RTC length in DSDT to 2. If I leave the default value (4), the system does an instant reboot when waking from sleep (but no CMOS reset).

Problem with length set to 2 is that system takes longer to sleep and complains about single ram bank during boot.

plprado

plprado

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Hi people. In Mavericks I couldn't patch my AppleRTC manually trough terminal as I did with all the other versions. It simply didn't work. 

But installing the kext @ROBASEFR attached did the job! Thanks a lot man!

nozyczek

nozyczek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

For Mavericks 10.9.0 see here

holyfield

holyfield

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Hi people. In Mavericks I couldn't patch my AppleRTC manually trough terminal as I did with all the other versions. It simply didn't work. 

But installing the kext @ROBASEFR attached did the job! Thanks a lot man!

Actually kext provided by @ROBASEFR is the same, which I got by using this patch on Maverick AppleRTC.kext:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Its the same patch referred by nozyczek

But this patch didn't work for me.

With the patched AppleRTC in ML, I have to change the RTC length in DSDT to 2. If I leave the default value (4), the system does an instant reboot when waking from sleep (but no CMOS reset).

Problem with length set to 2 is that system takes longer to sleep and complains about single ram bank during boot.

I guess it's still some sort of reset. I have similar issue. After wake comp switches off and reboots, but boots Maverick to the after deep sleep/hibernate screen with psw prompt dialog. When I log in, all apps left opened before sleep are opened at state they had before sleep. I got also kernel panic, but after enabling USB fix on boot.plist panic didn't happen anymore.

rgviva

rgviva

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

This works for me on 10.9 Mavericks:

perl -pi -e 's|\x41\x89\xd7\x41\x89\xf4|\xe9\xb8\x00\x00\x00\x90|;' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Verify your source file before patching: 

md5 AppleRTC 

MD5 (AppleRTC) = 4b1d28ac48a2a7b35ed6b2034e0fd912

This patch completely disables all CMOS writes from AppleRTC kext

Cheers!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CMOS Resets, AppleRTC

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy