10.8 USB Installation Tutorial (Link Inside)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Crabhunter

Crabhunter

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Installed on my Q9400, GB Ep-45 Extreme, works perfectly, using patched DSDT and 3 kexsts, MacMan Realtek driver, FakeSMC and Alc889 enabler.
Feels faster than lion for some reason...or is it just me :D

Can you share your exact method of installation?
I am having no luck on my GB EP45-DS3R
I have Lion running sweet (except sleep) so I have all the kexts etc for that.
Mike

amador

amador

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

For the full tutorial, refer to http://thetecherra.c...tart-to-finish/.

Basically, you'll be preparing your USB flash drive to install 10.8 with on your computer. It's basically the same process as with Lion, but with a few tweaks and stuff.

Posted Image

I try to follow The tutorial..i manage to pass all the booting process but when it reach to the installation point choosing the language, it goes KP. any idea about it? thanks mate .

Ashand

Ashand

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
thanks! i have installed MLION on an SSD running fast, everything is working (so far) except the network, i have copy the kexts from lion but it didn't helped, my mono is ABIT IP35 pro using Marvell chip...anyone can help me on that? or having the same mono with working kexts to share?
Thanks

MuphinMan

MuphinMan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I can't seem to boot into the USB drive for some reason, the process goes like this: Boot into Chameleon -> type "-v" -> wall of text (too fast to read any errors) -> black screen into immediate system reboot. Is there some BIOS setting that I might be getting wrong? Am I only supposed to have a certain amount of RAM plugged in for this install?

Thanks for the great guide!

rucinter

rucinter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Preview 2 install crashes right after language selection. On the exact same hardware, Preview 1 was installing fine. Though I had some problems with Apple apps (Remoider, Mail, Safari, etc) crashing on start.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,896 posts

I can't seem to boot into the USB drive for some reason, the process goes like this: Boot into Chameleon -> type "-v" -> wall of text (too fast to read any errors) -> black screen into immediate system reboot. Is there some BIOS setting that I might be getting wrong? Am I only supposed to have a certain amount of RAM plugged in for this install?

Thanks for the great guide!

Same for me. But thats Chameleon Bootloader problem - i used latest ML ready 1890 and even listed as ML ready it reboots if ML boot.
I used 1890 ML Cham build .pkg , with DP1 i used older cham ML build which didnt reboots.
I use now older ML ready build 1831 and no more reboot (after kext loading infos in -v)

But now i get SHUTDOWN after selecting the language in first install menue?!

T_A_Z

T_A_Z

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
i have strange problem the installation can't even detect my hard
my specs is latitude e5500
any external hard can be detected but can't install to them
so why my hard doesn't appear in disk utility at first step of installing
& my SATA mode is AHCI

zedtechus

zedtechus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

remove all of your AppleIntel graphics drivers and replace with your SL's working graphics drivers

When you say replace with SL's working graphics you mean Snow Leopard (which I don't have installed obviously) or System Library? And replace theme where? put them in Extra folder? This folder is currently empty.

Thanks for your help.

This is an Intel i5 520M Arrandale with Intel HD Graphics

pawwal

pawwal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I followed this guide with two exceptions:
1. I replaced IOPCIFamily.kext with this one: http://netkas.org/?p=1072, because otherwise it was freezing "PCI configuration begin".
2. I added two kexts from my Lion installation to enable PS keyboard and mouse.

Now my installation stops at

Sandbox: mDNSResponder (103) deny mach-lookup com.apple.distributed_notifications@1v3

This happens on two very different machines (one of which runs Lion flawlessly).

Any suggestions on how to go further with the installation process?

pawwal

pawwal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Now my installation stops at

Sandbox: mDNSResponder (103) deny mach-lookup com.apple.distributed_notifications@1v3

Now I'm pretty sure it was an illusion. In fact it freezes on "DSMOS has arrived". Deleted all nvidia kexts and run with "-k" switch but still no go.

szokolov

szokolov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi,

I've tried install ML on my GA-P35-DS3 based machine. I've reached the installation screen but when I push the Install button the install failed with the attached install log. Can anybody watch this file? I can't figure out anything from this imformations.

Thanks.

Szokolov

Attached File  Installer Log 16-Apr-2012.txt   274.3KB   18 downloads

HeavyGamerXX94

HeavyGamerXX94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Repairing Computers Hardware/Software, Gaming, Hacking Game Consoles.
everything works perfect , except the famous shutdown problem... when I click shutdown, it turns off then a second later it turns on again! :(
is there any fix for that???? I tried EvOreboot and OSXRestart & many other kexts but couldn't make it!
please help!!!! THANK YOU BS! Your Tuto helped me a lot install ML.. I talked to you once on thetecherra about my 8800GT then I told ya that I fixed it.
I really hope you have a fix for the shutdown problem. PEACE!

Hi,

I've tried install ML on my GA-P35-DS3 based machine. I've reached the installation screen but when I push the Install button the install failed with the attached install log. Can anybody watch this file? I can't figure out anything from this imformations.

Thanks.

Szokolov

Attached File  Installer Log 16-Apr-2012.txt   274.3KB   18 downloads

probably the OS you're using is Damaged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy