[Buy] GA-EP35-DS4 or better (for Q6600, DDR2)

3vj3

3 posts in this topic

There is something wrong/failing with my current GA-EP35-DS4 motherboard. It constantly freezes on boot up, even before I can access the BIOS screen. It took me five hours of constant restarting to finally boot it up tonight. Once booted it works fine for some reason though. So I'm looking to replace it since I can't afford a new build right now, and I really need this computer. Let me know what you have. :)

boot linux live in usb or dvd to make sure its not motherboard.. if it dont freeze then likely its hard disk.

if it does freeze on linux unplug hdd and boot linux again . if still does freeze = check ram contact pins.. or try 1 ram stick at a time.

When I say I can't boot I mean I can't boot anything nor get into the BIOS settings. It'll freeze in random places and sometimes not even make it to the POST screen. I've tested the RAM (memtest and booting one stick at a time), the HDs (tried different boot drives and no drive), the graphics card (switched in two different ones and tried booting into windows), replaced the CMOS battery, and even took everything apart and cleaned the entire board. Power supply is fine too. That leaves the mobo and the CPU. I'm pretty sure the CPU is fine so that leaves the motherboard.