Mac OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" announced!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,251 posts

IMHO Snow Leopard is the best OSX so far.

I respect your opinion of course, but my MB Pro came with SL installed.
It would use an awful lot of resources and the CPU would always run very hot.
When I upgraded to Lion I had an entirely different computer, an amazing difference in resources demand and performance.
Also, with Lion we have finally seen some long awaited features.

zSprawl

zSprawl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
So I've been running this OS most of the day, and so far, I'm mixed on my like for it. It seems like so little has changed, and what has changed, I have on my iPad/iPhone. We now get unified messaging (no more iChat), and a lot of iCloud-type features, like shared notes, reminders, and messages. If you subscribe to the iOS eco-system, this seems to work well (just like it did in SL).

The new default wallpaper looks a lot like the one we got previously (the space galaxy shot).

We do get a new version of Mail, that so far looks like the old version, except the animations are all broken so stuff happens lightning fast (which I like, haha). Mail also seems to index every single freaking mailbox you have, which took forever to setup, but after it was done, it was kinda nice cause it groups conversations regardless of what folder they are in (including your sent messages).

Parallels Desktop is broken badly. Even the 32-bit hack that people are posting doesn't seem to work for me. Then again, all desktop visualization breaks every single time they update the OS, and this is a preview.

The updates come through the App Store. Safari seems very much the same.

Messages and the iPad/iPhone Apps function much like you'd expect them, and updates happen pretty quickly to my iPad and iPhone. It was pretty interesting to see that my iPad games from Game Center weren't visible on my Macbook or iMac though. I guess they are different apps... I guess.

More as I keep using it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy