Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hi,

I usually use linux but for a new project I need xcode, running in a native in the latest macOS I can get on my laptop.  I've lost many nights trying to get this but still having trouble.

My main machine is an ugly HP Probook 450 G5.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm Zaid, and I'm new to the world of Hackintosh. I've been banging my head trying to get my first build working, but I think I might have screwed up by getting an ASRock mobo (B560m-HDV). Can't afford another new one, so I'm hoping to get some help here soon! :) 

P.S. Already tried searching, and then searching some more. No luck just yet.

My name is Michel 
IT administrator and technology geek. 

Always wanted a mac but couldnt afford one untill i got a Mac pro 3.1 from my uncle witch died last year. 
Afterward my brother tought his 2012 27inch imac was dead , but it was only a failed hard drive, if i could fix it i could keep it he told me, so i did by replaing the fiald hdd with an 500Gb ssd and now it runs fine. 

i am done with windows :) and have a verry nice HP Pavvalion CS3848ND i want Mac Os Cattalina on it. 

On 2/28/2021 at 6:02 PM, NO_obsctruction said:

Hello, I like thinkpads :3

On 3/15/2021 at 3:01 AM, zmian said:

Hi everyone! I'm Zaid, and I'm new to the world of Hackintosh. I've been banging my head trying to get my first build working, but I think I might have screwed up by getting an ASRock mobo (B560m-HDV). Can't afford another new one, so I'm hoping to get some help here soon! :) 

P.S. Already tried searching, and then searching some more. No luck just yet.

On 3/17/2021 at 12:24 PM, sojab0on0005 said:

My name is Michel 
IT administrator and technology geek. 

Always wanted a mac but couldnt afford one untill i got a Mac pro 3.1 from my uncle witch died last year. 
Afterward my brother tought his 2012 27inch imac was dead , but it was only a failed hard drive, if i could fix it i could keep it he told me, so i did by replaing the fiald hdd with an 500Gb ssd and now it runs fine. 

i am done with windows :) and have a verry nice HP Pavvalion CS3848ND i want Mac Os Cattalina on it. 

On 3/20/2021 at 4:42 AM, lemondrizzle said:

ayup, i'm just here to post some feedback on ethernet drivers in Catalina :)

On 3/25/2021 at 7:15 AM, sheemer said:

Hello everyone I am newbie here and I am glad to be part of this community and I think there is lot of things to learn and gain some knowledge.

4 hours ago, moom14 said:

my name is mohamed from egypt

Hello guys! :lol:

Hello !

I was on the hackintosh scene a while ago, when Snow Leopard was the big thing, and we were just getting started to make clean installs with tools like OC but only MBR and DSDTs were only just getting known, some time ago then !

Since, I used different MB (Air, Pro) as daily drivers but I don't like the Apple policy on its hardware and stuff, I have been trying to use a 2017 MBP with not much luck (a lot of hardware trouble, not really reliable) and no guaranty cover, anyway !

I've got now 2 XPS Dell : a 7590 I chose to convert back to windows and a brand new on sale 7390 2 in 1 that I hope will be the perfect HackBook Air/Tablet after some tunings and help from the community.

It feels soooo good to be back home !

Have a great day !

On 3/30/2021 at 8:17 AM, rilacs said:

Hello !

I was on the hackintosh scene a while ago, when Snow Leopard was the big thing, and we were just getting started to make clean installs with tools like OC but only MBR and DSDTs were only just getting known, some time ago then !

Since, I used different MB (Air, Pro) as daily drivers but I don't like the Apple policy on its hardware and stuff, I have been trying to use a 2017 MBP with not much luck (a lot of hardware trouble, not really reliable) and no guaranty cover, anyway !

I've got now 2 XPS Dell : a 7590 I chose to convert back to windows and a brand new on sale 7390 2 in 1 that I hope will be the perfect HackBook Air/Tablet after some tunings and help from the community.

It feels soooo good to be back home !

Have a great day !

9 hours ago, dianagreece49 said:

Hello
I am Diana from Zurich

7 hours ago, deschurk said:

Hi All :)

Just registered to find some support on trouble installing bigsur (OC). WIsh me luck :P

Yellow guys! :D

Back on the site considering options now that that M1 is proving stable and powerful. I've been hackintoshing for over a decade now and just broke down two older kits for sale after upgrading my daughter to a PC capable of running a few graphics intensive Windows games she likes. Trying to decide whether to cobble one last run at an OpenCore Big Sur system for my secondary computer or bite the M1 bullet.

Not really an easy call. On one hand, one more run with the i7 I have should buy me several years. On the other, I also have a small child so time is hard to come by. Stuck on the fence, so digging around on some issues I'm having looking to get some answers before making a call.