Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Can't find the place to put this, so here goes...

My 13 year Hackintosh stint is coming to an end.

I've got myself a 27 inch 2009 iMac

It has graphic problems but when I sort that out I will drop an ssd into it and max out the memory

Only paid $100au for it and will probably spend $200

I don't care that it is 11 years old, it will do me for my use.

My Hackintosh will be dismantled and sold.

Its been a wild ride and thanks to all supporters.

Let the spam keep on rolling, the place wouldn't be the same without it

Mods please delete my account...BYE

edit: Forget it early April fools joke

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy. This is Beajar from Texas. I have been hackintoshing since Snow Leopard and have really enjoyed it. Yesterday I successfully installed and configured (is that the same thing?) my first OpenCore hack. It took lots of reading and trial and error (lots of them). I didn't ask any questions, just read. I followed the vanilla opencore guide exactly. I elected to do a clean install of Catalina 10.15.4.

My build is on a GA-B75M-D3H board, i7-3770, XFX RX580, 32GB Ram, Catalina 10.15.4.

Motherboard is old but everything works great!

I don't think I wrote here... hello guys, greetings from Serbia! :)

Thanks mostly to this place, I've been an Apple user for the past 8 years. I have an iPhone, but except from that I've never used any of the Apple products. My current machine is my attempt to build a budget PC capable of running macOS, and so far so good.

I like everything remotely related to computers, and I am not afraid of f***ing thing up in the process of learning something I didn't really need to know and spending countless hours trying to fix the problem I didn't need to have. If previous sentence is grammatically correct, I will be surprised.  :hysterical:

I am trying to learn Swift and become an iOS developer, I'll let you know if I ever release anything. :) 

• Like 2

Hi, I'm BJMoose and even though not 'technically' new...I've been away from the hackintosh world for well over a decade.  I was fairly active in this forum many years ago which is why you may see so many posts.  However, those posts are ancient history now (and so am I) and I a complete newb when it comes to things like opencore and clover.  Looking forward to seeing if my old brain can pick up some new tricks.  Peace to all!

• Like 2