Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, my name is Roman and I'm from Saint-Petersburg in Russia.First post on this forum, looks good so far with lots of helpful people!! I'm looking to setup my first hackintosh so will be doing lots of reading and searching.

• Like 1

Hello everyone.  :)

I'm TimeLord04, (TL if you prefer), and am new to this community; but, built my first Hackintosh on El Capitan in March of 2016.  Just built an i7 7700 system on a Gigabyte H270 board for a friend.  I'm currently saving up to build a new Z270 system for myself.  (My Hackintosh MOBO is now 9 years old...  Don't know how much longer I'll get to keep it running...)  I put my system specs in my Signature, and further details in my Profile, for those whom are interested.

I hope to learn MUCH more here to prepare me for my upcoming Z270 system.  I also hope to make many new friends here.  :)   I've been a Windows PC Tech by trade for most of my "Adult" life; but have ALWAYS said that MAC is Superior.  Now I find that Hackintosh is Superior to MAC...

TL

• Like 1

Hi friends, I am Pooja from India. I love technology and my apple phone. I saw a post on the internet about this forum, that's why I joined here. Its really interesting and informative forum where I can learn many things.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems that my original introduction Post has disappeared...  So, here I am posting again.  [Edit:]  (Just found that in Posting this response, that all the missing Posts have come back...) [/Edit.]

I'm posting from my Hackintosh in the TARDIS.  :-)  My Hackintosh specs are in my signature; this is my first and current Hackintosh, but I have a new one planned using a Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 MOBO and either an i7 7700 or 7700K CPU.  I will be adding in two EVGA GTX-1050 cards with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM on each card.  (My GPU needs are NOT extensive, and I saw NO reason to spend $1K Each on more powerful cards...  All I do is Number Crunching on BOINC for SETI@Home, and Einstein@Home, and the occasional game of StarCraft:Remastered.)

I find that applying sound to Hackintosh is a challenge; so, I recently purchased a SabreNT USB Audio device.  It works right out of the box, just go into Preferences - Sound, and select USB Audio Device and all is good.  I will be getting a second unit for the new system.

I hope everyone makes it back to the new Boards here.  :-)

TL

Edited by TimeLord04
Updating Post.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody. I'm Rob. I've been an Apple user since I started using an Apple IIe in school to learn basic and logo, so we go way back. Unfortunately, this long lasting relationship has gotten worse and worse over the years, with all the current bs Apple has been putting us through... planned obsolescence, decaying product quality, etc. So I got here after seeing a few videos on the net about Hackingtosh alternatives to Apple, and I'm more than pumped to stop depending on their {censored} policies. Looking forward to your wisdom. Thanks. :)

Hello, I used to be pretty active around here, going by the nick of "XtremeHacker", just thought I'd introduce myself.

I like tinkering with almost anything with a CPU that runs at at least 1Ghz, I now run Arch Linux as my main OS, and want to setup a macOS VM.

As for the reasoning to making a VM, I'm  working with a friend on a game, and want to try to have a macOS version.

P.S. Hello to anyone who remembers me. :rofl:

P.S.S. Where did all our awesome emojis go? 

• Like 2

Hi I’m Cheech and I’m a macoholic. I guess it all started back in 1999. It wasn’t even that cool back then. I had no clue what I was doing. I just wanted to record some music. I was naive and a bit reckless and I had just gotten paid.

I guess I could blame it all on my local guitar center. They asked if I was a PC guru, and I said “what the hell is THAT!?” He replied “Ok, we’re putting you on a Mac.” It was all downhill from there. I lost complete control in a very short period of time. I’ve been broke ever since. I’m embarrassed, I’ve lost all pride, and that lead me here nearly 20yrs later trying to find a cheaper way to support my habits. 

I’m a nice guy, I really am! I just want my family back.

Thanks for listening.

Hi

My name is Vherniel and I came from Philippines. I always love to study and play with any kinds of technology. (That's why I'm here) I'm new in Hackintosh. I also learned a lot here in InsanelyMac for just a couple of days. And finally, my reason behind building a Hackintosh setup is not only to have an experience on macOS X, but also to learn it's core and of course, Mac PC's in our country is very expensive than to the other countries. So, thanks a lot InsanelyMac because you helped me a lot with your great and informative content and also thanks a lot for saving me from TM. My knowledge will be cancer free. :P

Thanks Allan!

I could really use some mentoring on how to complete my install

I've got 10.11.6 running on an SSD, but I can't complete the boot using the SSD if its mounted to an internal SATA port.  In fact I can't even see other SATA drives (HDD or DVD) that would normally be (not currently) attached to my internal SATA port, and I can only boot into Clover and begin to boot from the SSD; the boot fails when it tries to find the root device. The only way I can fully boot the OS is to use a USB boot drive and then select the OS drive, and the OS drive has to be connected to USB (via SATA adapter), and not to the internal SATA.  I've got great video and audio (compliments of the GeForce 8400 GS), and I've got RTL8811au (Ourlink AC600; btw: their drivers install nicely), and I'm currently testing Sleep functions; everything seems to work well and I've created a Time Machine drive that's connected to my USB 3.0, as well as applied some El Capitan patches from the App Store.  Oddly enough, I can boot from an old Kalyway DVD and see my internal SATA drives, so I don't think this is a HW or BIOS issue.

If you happen to know anyone that might be able to help, I'd appreciate a reference or an intro!

Thanks!

Thomas

Edited by ooOoogaBooOooga