Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,216 posts in this topic

Hello, Everybody,

I am using MAC OSX on vmware, but wanted to install on PC, heard lot about hackintosh, even tried many but still can't get osx installed.

need step-by-step procedure

My PC configuration

Motherboard GA-H97-D3H

Core i3 - 4150

16GB Ram

Dell 27" 4k Monitor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC

HD: 2TB

wanted to install windows 7 (x64) with OSX Sierra Dual Boot.....

Please Help

Hi My name is Dana and I would very much like to get this thing working on one of My machines manly My x79 DX79TO Intel mobo with a 3820 i7 cpu , 32 gb crucial ram, and nvidia 1060gtx.

been a linux guy for about 15 years so I think i can???    used to run OSX on pear! back in the day. 

Thanks for having Me

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, been thinking for a while about tacking my hackintosh cherry so here I am, so far I have an G5 case, matx mobo mounting kit, and front panel kit with usb c, audio and hdmi.

Here to learn the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my second time around in this forum. I had a setup on a homebuilt Core 2 Duo with a pre Lion OSX. My son and grandson just built me an I7 6950K with 32G RAM, still specing out new monitor and video card. Intent is to use 400+G SST boot drive with at least 1 1TB rust drive. In addition to the OSX machine, my network has 2 MacBook Pros, (1 is retina), MacBook Air, Imac, and macMini server, an iphone6S+ (soon to be upgraded to 7S), and 2 ipads.  They are all on different stages of upgrade, The MacBook Air and 1 ipad are in public beta program. MacMini is in process of upgrade to High Sierra. The MacBook Pro with retina will go to High Sierra shortly. The other MacBook Pro and iMac may or may not be upgradable.

mjjung

My journey to Macintosh was roundabout. My involvement with computers began in 1963 with card fed IBM mainframe using Fortran. Later used IBMs with VT100 emulators, a brief spell with Honeywell6600, then CP/M on Z80 and Intel 8500. Then to pc/ix on Intel 8080/8086 along with DOS. Moved up to i386 with unix system v and ATT 3b also running System V. Branched out to SunOs and later Solaris on multiheaded Sparcs. Next was a step back to x86s running Sys V. Then I retired and had to buy my own equipment. Ended with homebuilt x86s and NTs from 3.5 to 5.0. In 2001 got an HP with XP. I started deleting unwanted Windows stuff, got a second drive, dual booted into SuSE, RedHat and various other linuxes until 2004 when I settled on SuSE 8.0 and never used Windows again (except rescuing the wife's windows malfunctions). When that one finally gave up the ghost, I got her a MacBook Pro. At about that I got a Gateway with XPs successor on it. After I had gotten rid of the trash, there was so little that I put a linux on it. I started reading about OSx86 on Intel and later I put one on it. When it started having heat  problems, I tried to time share with the wife on her MacBook Pro. To soften that attempt, I got her a 21" iMac, but she kept the MacBook. I got myself a later MacBook Pro. In early 2007 put OSx86 on the homebuilt Core 2 Duo. On a roadtrip to visit grandchildren, she put her MB on the back seat. A hard stop brought it down. A repeat killed it. I gave her my MB Pro and got the MB Air. When the power supply fan started getting to loud to keep it on fulltime, I got the Mac mini in server configuration. Along the way, I acquired a couple of ipads. 

The move to Macs was a logical one. For myself, I would have preferred to use Linux or BSD unix, however, I could not convince the wife that with a little application, she could move from Windoze. There were other ladies in the church with macs and that was a plus. With Mac, I could have good hardware, integration of hardware and software, any a pretty screen. For me, it provided a homogenous support arrangement and underneath, a genuine unix. I could open a shell and do the admin tasks. Shell scripting, awk, etc., were at hand.With virtualbox, I can run linux or BSD without the hassle of setting up a dual boot.The ipads let me play around with ios. They are pretty good at streaming. During football season, I can stream 2 or 3 games and watch one on the big screen. Screen sharing is a bonus. During hurricane season, I can let more powerful machines in the computer room run radar in one window and satellite feed in another window and relax in my recliner. The next step will be to try to get ios to connect better than VPN. I would like to use an ipad as a front end to a full size machine. Household automation is something I have not tried to do yet.

mjjung

• Like 1