Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I'm Sean, based just outside of Bangkok, Thailand.  I've been using Macs to make music since the Macintosh SE/30 back in 1990.  These days, I have a Pre & Post Audio Studio (details in sig). Sadly, my trusty old 2008 MacPro got sick last month - one of the dual XEONs died, and it looks like the second RAM Riser Board is unhealthy too.   As I am so heavily invested in PCIe peripherals (ADAT Optical AD/DA converters, Universal Audio Octo-DSP cards for the audio plugins, graphics cards to run the 4x24" DVI monitors) and 6 Internal Drives - the MacPro trashcan is just not the direction I want to go.   So that's why I am here - I need to build some new hardware that preserves my investment and keeps me on the performance curve for the next 5 years.  

Looking forward to contributing and learning.

(and yeah, I actually did drive a garbage truck about 200m once...)

• Like 1

Hey guys! My name is Christopher and I own WebDesign499 based out of Wellington, FL - which is near West Palm Beach. About a year ago, a life-long PC and Android user, this guy, switched everything to Apple products and have never turned back! I absolutely love my Apple products! My workstation for Web Design & Development is a Mac Pro Tower with 128GB RAM, 512GB SSD running the latest Mac OS, 4GB Video Card channeling Dual 4k Monitors :)

I am super glad to be here!

Thanks for having me!

http://www.WebDesign499.com

• Like 1

Hi all! I'm Nick and I started testing/playing around with OSX86 a while back, with my Toshiba Satellite A60 laptop (Intel P4); it took a while, quite a lot of trial and error but eventually it loaded, success!  :thumbsup_anim:  Performance were non-existent and little else worked, but for me it was already an achievement (given the original OS shipped with was Windows XP B)). Was also great to learn more about the OSX file and system structure.

Fast forward, I took the occasion to buy a MacBook Pro 13" (which I recently uploaded with 16Gb of RAM  B)) and built a new desktop pc: once the standard system was configured, I started once again to think about OSX86 and wanted to see whether anything would run. Surprisingly enough, basic functions worked with little modifications once the installation was out of the way. I'm now in the process to tune Sierra with kexts and other bits and pieces... I'm sure it'll be fun!  :lol:

• Like 1

Hi, I'm John. Long time mac user, first foray into Hackintosh building.

I do cinema imaging work on set and in post-production. The workflows I execute are all Apple-centric, yet the Mac Pro is a technological dead-end in a world where performance is critical. Looking forward to learning from everyone here. If anyone has a question about digital cinema workflows from exposure to color correction, or the tools involved, feel free to ask!

I've been thoroughly briefed on the politics surrounding Tonymacx86 and am fully opposed to the personal profit motives involved on that site. We're all stronger and less easily exploited when we have knowledge and control over our own tools and our own selves. Replacing Apple with, essentially, another retailer does not do anyone any good.

Onward!

• Like 1

Alright everybody .. I'm Nicolas and wanted to come over here instead of using tonymacx86  a site that i find useless these days where there is little or no help for anybody or you get referred to page 1 if you need help with no real  solution or to lean anything for that matter truthfully .. 

I welcome very warmly all users forum :)

I'm glad to be extremely very hot that link to this forum I got from a friend :)

He is interested in computers, smartphones and programming alterations

systems etc ...

I have a Dell Inspiron N7110 Laptop and have already installed Mac OS

Sierra 10.12.2

I hope the bad times online will spend in the company of great people with whom

I could exchange knowledge.

I cordially greet :) Have a nice day everyone :)
  • Like 1

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to make my Hackintosh since early 2015.

I have used Linux for a very long time. In 2015 I finally decided to move to macOS.

Now I have much more knowledge about macOS and generally UNIXes, so I'm back here.

Thank you for all the knowledge available here.   :)

• Like 1