Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hi. You guys could probably guess my name from my handle. I'm in the UK (hope no-one holds that against me with Brexit and all..). I've had a few working desktop systems using some other software from some other place, of which his name you do not speak ;) Both Gigabyte boards: p31+ q6600 and p75+i5 respectively. 

I've decided to attempt a laptop and this looks like the place to be. Currently have two options at my disposal: HP Probook 450 G1 and a Samsung 700Z5C-A01UK. Looking forward to breaking everything on the way! Totally in this for the experience and gaining a deep understanding of OSX (or should that be Mac OS??). Hope some of you can/will point me in the right direction. Until then, I guess I better get my reading head on!

PS: Be gentle with me please  :(

Hi to all - my name is Dirk (smoldersonline) and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm very grateful for this forum, its moderators and contributors - awesome!

I'm a veteran (25y+, slightly overaged) Apple fanboy. I got exposed to Apple hardware with Steve Job's introduction of the iMac in 1998. I lost count, but since I have owned almost all iMac models, an addiction of sorts. For personal reasons, I also use a MBP since a couple of years.

Of course, I was aware of the hackintosh phenomenon, but I'm a user and far from a developer. Time was the bottle neck. Some time ago, my life changed rather dramatically and I was lucky enough to get more of a personal life (and time). So the time was right to consider a hackintosh experiment. And here I am.

It all started around Christmas last year, and I'm now (quit proudly) running a 95% functional Skylake/Sierra rig. There is still a huge learning experience ahead of me, but I look forward to that.

Thank you and see you all around!

Hi Everyone - My name is Fantome1S in real life too  :ninja:. For the moment I success making a El Capitan Hackintosh with many many bugs. Can only boot the pc with a usb key, still get the feedback sound on the speaker when I boot the pc or after quitting the sleep mod. Loose the sound sometimes after quitting the sleep mod.

So what I expect is to be able to fix all those bugs and understand more how to make fully working Hackintosh and fixings all the bugs with kext and by programming the config plist file. So this ways I can help people I know to make hackintosh pc in a near future.

Greetings from Geezerland. I will be 70 in March, and, although I have been using Macs since 1986, most of my knowledge is self taught through trial and error (and some reading of course). My wife thinks I'm a geek because I have rebuilt, or upgraded a few computers (beginning with Power Computing clones). I keep telling her it's all in the correct sequencing of the modules within a specified physical environment, but she just sighs and calls me her Commander Data. Well. As Dirty Harry Callahan once correctly observed: "a man needs to know his limitations", so here I am to learn: to listen and perhaps ask a question or two as I pursue my hobby and passion for computers, especially Mac related. The world I grew up in is now gone except for electronic artifacts, but I love and respect the freedom that today's computer technology has given us. And I love the InsanelyMac universe that I have sampled from afar. You won't hear much more from me after this intro, but I thank you all in advance for allowing me to tag along as a mature student.

Randy