Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hello, my name is Jiafei Cheung, I am from HongKong, female.

Very happy to find a good place to setup Mac OS X on my new available laptop, wish there's Clover(luck) happen soon!

And, happy new Year everybody! ^_^  ^_^

New here. I have been involved with OSX86 off and on for many years. Built a hack tower in an old G5 case when Snow Leopard was still the top OS.  Did versions of 10.6 on an old laptop and later on a Motion Computing LE1700 Tablet. Took off about 5 years and just recently I stumbled onto some of my old stuff and got the bug again.

Aloha.  I've never tried a hackintosh before, but after holding on to my (easily upgraded) MacPro since 2008 waiting for something better to come along, I've finally decided I love the software, but that Apple hardware shows no signs of heading the right direction again any time soon.

Looking to build a high end audio/video machine for Logic and Adobe Products that's as upgradeable / expandable / futureproof as possible.  I've built a few pc's many years ago, and been running a tri-boot system for a while now, so it should be manageable, but the terminology is all new (didn't even know what OSX86 was until a few minutes ago.)

Let's do this thing!

Hi, I'm brand new here. I've been buying and using Macs since 1987, but I've been offered a maxed out Dell XPS 8500, and it sounds to me like a potential Hackintosh. Trying to work up the courage! Trying to make sense of the jargon and acronyms.

Hey! My name is Mikey and I'm hailing from Ohio in the United States. I have an interest in developing a OSX86 build for my new recording studio/video production company. I do electronic repairs at PCB component level, and I do it for fun as well as money!

Hi everyone

I'm new to InsanelyMac but have read up on tonymacx86 for a little while, though the learning curve still feels a bit steep!

I live in Ashford near London, UK and have always had an interest in computers. I use Windows and Linux at work and Windows at home but I've never owned a real Mac. I've looked at making a hackintosh for a year or two without having the right hardware to try it on.

After building a new desktop Skylake PC recently, my old 2009 laptop is now redundant so I've bought the Snow Leopard DVD from Apple and I've installed that. I have successfully upgraded to Mountain Lion (10.8.5) except for audio and wifi. I plan to get another SSD in the desktop and dual-boot macOS Sierra and Windows 10.