• Please log in to reply
3162 replies to this topic

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,350 posts

Hello

Welcome Andre... i hope you have a good enjoyment in our place ;)

dudeinco

dudeinco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Everything PC? Programming, PC Gaming, Android, Skiing, Biking, Business Development / Manageme...

Hola!

I am a software engineer specializing mostly in Microsoft and web technologies.  I have been tinkering with operating systems for 16 or so years?  I have gone from the C64, to the first XTs, and pretty much everything in between (ironically skipping everything Apple).  I am big into the Android scene, and an XDA member (I don't go by the same SN).

I came to these forums in search of an active community, as last weekend I decided to engulf myself in creating a hybrid OS PC comprised of OSX / Windows 8.  I started in another forum, and while there were a lot of questions, there were no answers!  I have spent upwards of 30-40+ hours in the dregs getting my system to work, by trial and error, and doing the most insane things in desperation (mostly paid off).  As you can imagine, even though I am highly skilled in technology, I'm a nub to everything Mac, including this.

My system we are working with is a P6T Deluxe / I7 920 with 12GB RAM, 2 500GB HDs, and an NVidia 610.  I figured when Steam Streaming came out, I'd use it mostly for that, but now I find myself back on my Shield (which is FAR nicer on the electric bill) on the rare occasions I have time to kill, so I want to do something fun with this aging behemoth before it became cannon fodder (I may get a 5xxx XEON CPU to squeeze another 3-5 years out of it).  I'll give the full rundown on how this all went down on my next post (which will be a question).  I will tell you upfront that the "Mac" has full graphics acceleration, sound, hdmi sound, USB, and it works great!  There's just one thing missing...

I'm a Coloradoan.  I like to ski.  I like long walks on the beach and the wind through my hair.... OK, just kidding (although I do ski).  

I got a 'D' on my quiz - funny, huh?

I have seen the comment about commercial sites.  Before I get the axe on the first day, is "N!r3$h" off the table, or is his stuff all good?

Allaп

Allaп

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,540 posts

Welcome dudeinco!

Read our guides and take good advantage of the world Hack.

[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy