Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Greetings all, Herewith one retired (over the hill) musician. Am amazed I achieved 6/10 to pass the quiz (luck mostly) Even luckier with quiz 2 as I closed my eyes. Computer illiterate, although have achieved to get Mavericks, El Cap and Win 7 running on this Mac Pro 3.1 :) Once had a mobile/cell phone which got thrown out the window...

Electronics knowledge ends with analogue valve/tube amplifiers, which are a LOT better than digital devices as they don't require a 'kext' (whatever a kext is).

Hoping to get a few replies to some basic questions within an appropriate forum.

Cheers.....

Hey all I just ordered a new Dell 13 i7359. Planning on running El Capitan on it if I can figure it out along with Remix OS (USB based) and Windows 10 that came with it, was told this was the place to go to learn more about it so here I am and thanks in advance!

Hello!

I started with DOS and went to Windows and eventually Linux. Finally got into OS X and now I'm almost exclusively OS X with some linux thrown in. Looking to build a Dual Xeon Hackintosh workstation because this rMBP just isn't cutting it anymore ;)

Looking forward to learning a lot and making a thorough build guide.

Nice to meet ya!

Hi,

I'm an American living in China doing software development. I just built my first hackintosh and I enjoy doing small projects like that. I'm looking forward to interacting with more people and understanding the installation and post-installation process better. Thanks for creating this resource!