Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

hallo nice to found great source for hackintosh!

i am from indonesia, my name is andhika. and i salute to all of you :D

<OOT>

by the way i've bought a new device and planning to install yosemite alongside built in win10 (if possible)

on this cherry trail device :

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/da3636e2

anyone have a suggestions which guide & downloads i should try? i have 128gb microsdxc laying around :D

</OOT>

hi all.

Finally managed to get El Capitan running on my Ativ 700t, following a guide on this forum. Thanks :)

This was my first attempt at this whole hackingtosh business, and i must say i feel like im stumbling around in the darkness most of the time. I still have many wrinkles to iron out on my install, and lots of stuff to wrap my head around. Hopefully with the help of this forum i will succeed :)

Hi everyone,

It is really a nice platform for OS x86, an awesome project for non-Apple users wanting to taste Apple.....

Keep up the creative work guys.

Much appreciated..

BTW, I have managed to get Yosemite 10.10.5 working on my laptop...Cheers to this Forum

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.  I switched to mac from pc about 3 years ago when I bought an i5 mac mini.  Since then I upgraded that to the 2.6ghz quad i7 with 16gb ram and 256gb ssd, I also have a second mini with the quad 2.4 processor but otherwise the same, and have a macbook air.  I run server off one in my one in my bedroom hooked to a 55", and my main one powers 3 displays, a 75" and 2 40's.  The problem I've run into with the setup is heat, so much so that the gpu was almost packing it in.   I've improved it by overriding the default fan control as a function of the temperature, 

this however isn't an ideal solution.

That got me first looking into buying a mac pro, but I came across hackintosh and thought it could be a better solution potentially.  I'm in the early planning stages still, but so far am thinking to run dual 9xx series nvidia cards, at least 32gb ram, SSD for osx ssd for win dual boot, and most importantly liquid cooling.  

I'm got a lot more research to do and am open to suggestions.  I want a machine that can play 1000 hd vids at once without hiccuping, and also play some games on the windows side.  

Hi Insanely people, I am an Italian guy who has a couple of old hackintoshes, a Lenovo IdeaPad S12 booting from an iPortable SnowLeopard USB and a P7P55D-E Pro one put together following the LifeHacker's "Eight Easy Steps" guide using only NON Solid State HDDs.

After a few years I wanted to test it with the now cheaper SSD and Yosemite. I want to understand deeper how everything works as the many problems I faced made me understand the answer to a lot of "old" unsolved questions about newer computers and hardware (one to express them all the UEFI boot on laptops that prevents from using live Linux or live antivirus rescue disks).

It's time to freshen my IT knowledge, thank you all for this forum,

Just to say Hi. Finally signing up after many years of lurking. Always found this forum really useful and more importantly, friendly.

Hello and welcome to the InsanelyMac forums. In a short time you will feel the forum's darkest power. The Quizzes uahahahaha.

Hello, i am newHack and i am gratefull to have found a community like this one ! Many many times i was driven here in order to solve problems with my installations and now i'm happy to be here...

thank you :)

EDIT: sorry for the editing but what is the thread to ask for help?

• Like 2

Hi guys! I'm kosakgroove, spanish musician. Using my laptop as main musical production system very successfully with my hackintosh! Thanks to the help of so many devs and tutorials and people that have helped me!

(Off topic:How does one change the Insanelymac protege status?)

Hi, well I'm not exactly a new member but I have been absent from the forum for quite a while.  So I will give a brief resume of myself.  I'm an old gesser (67), retired network/computer engineer quickly falling behind in the technology.  I try to stay active in the computer industry but were I live the only challenges are viruses and malware on friends computers. oh well!

I live in the sunny South East US but moved from the North East, so I'm not an accepted Southern yet!

Taichibabbo

Sunny Beaufort, SC

Hi, well I'm not exactly a new member but I have been absent from the forum for quite a while. So I will give a brief resume of myself. I'm an old gesser (67), retired network/computer engineer quickly falling behind in the technology. I try to stay active in the computer industry but were I live the only challenges are viruses and malware on friends computers. oh well!

I live in the sunny South East US but moved from the North East, so I'm not an accepted Southern yet!

Taichibabbo

Sunny Beaufort, SC

Welcome to the InsanelyMac forums