Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hi !

My name is Arthur I'm from the Netherlands.

Trying to make a Dell Workstation with dual Xeon 5570 CPU's work with Mac OSX.

I'm not entirely new to this forum, I've been here in the past (5 years ago) trying a build [that didn't work], but now back again, with fresh inspiration!

Kind Regards, Arthur

Hi,

my name is chris and i'm extremely pleased to have been accepted as a member. my aim is to try and get  mac osx to run on my current home built PC rig which consists of the following 

gigabyte GA -Z87-hd3 MAIN BOARD

intell i7 4770k processor @3.5ghz

8 GB OF DDR 3 RAM running at silly speeds

nvidia gtx 66o graphics card 

samsung cd drive 

seagate baracuda x4 2 tb drives 

any help or advice please would be great on what i need to be doing to set the machine up.

i would also like to know if its possible to dual boot a mac osx and a windows osx at the same time 

thanks in advance

Hi everyone,

I'm Fnux, an old froggy with a long 40 year business experience within the software industry, having played with CP/M, MP/M, DOS, OS/2, Windows (all releases since 1.0) and for 5 years from now with many Linux distros (ArchLinux, Bridge, CentOS, Debian, Fedora, GNULinux, LinuxMint, LMDE, Manjaro, RHEL and Ubuntu).

However, nor am I a geek or an expert but simply still a computer passionate, and I unfortunately never ever had the chance to buy and/or use a Mac and to play with OS/X (even if I love Apple products and enjoy both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2).

So, I thank you in advance to accept me here as a real "newbee" asking "obvious and dumb" questions for most of you (including what are the damned equivalent keystroke combinations of the Mac keyboard on a PC Windows keyboard such as: e.g. the "Apple" key Vs. the "Windows" key, etc. etc. etc.).

I just installed OS/X Mavericks 10.9 within WMware 11 (both on Ubuntu 14.04.1 64 bit and Windows 8.1 64 bit) and if there is no immediate problem under the MSFT system (Oops), I already have problems under Linux (I was trully expecting the reverse).

But I bothered you enough for now and I'll try to ask for help in the appropriate section such as how to install OS/X directly on a partition of my ASUS Vs. within a VM.

All the best to all of you.

Happy new year 2015.

And BTW, I'm CHARLIE (for ever) :dev:

Hi,

My real name is Ahad,I am almost 14 years of age(in about a week). I currently have a Late 2010 macbook air but would like to build a hackintosh soon  :) . I am learning how to produce EDM music and I play some rather lightweight games on it. I am also learning how to program in C++,and I plan to pursue a computer science career. 

--

Thanks,

Xenofuscus.