InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi,

Let me introduce myself.
I'm Hans and live in the Netherlands.
A few weeks ago I managed to build my first Mac based on a gigabyte MB
I face one annoying issue that I could not get really fixed.
hopefully this forum will help me.
I will start a new topic with this issue.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,251 posts

Hi,

Let me introduce myself.
I'm Hans and live in the Netherlands.

Hello Hans :)
I had a friend, a nice guy called Hans when I lived in Amsterdam. Welcome :)

benew

benew

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey all! I'm a french hackintosh user and I just installed mountain lion on my SSD so here I am!

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 rev 1.0 F7

Intel Core i7 920 2.8Ghz

3x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz CAS9
3x2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600Mhz CAS9

Asus Geforce 8800 GTX 768MB

HighPoint RocketRaid 2310
4x500GB Samsung Spinpoint F1
-> 300GB Raid0(4disks) + 800GB Raid1-0(4 disks)

teddy81t

teddy81t

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi everyone, I am a new wannabe hackintosh user and you can call me Teddy ;) I am trying to make my Laptop fully working with OS Lion and now I am stucked in the process. I went through a lot of tutorials, instructions, installed different kext and still stuck. So... this means, you'll see my posts more often around here.
Oh.. by the way... I am from Slovenia - Europe. You know where to find Slovenia? ;)

Seeya.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,251 posts

Oh.. by the way... I am from Slovenia - Europe. You know where to find Slovenia? ;)

Sure :P

leep

leep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all.

I'm a career-long mac user who's just found out about Hackintosh computers and figure it could be a great way to finally get some use ouut of an old Acer Aspire One I've got kicking around in the office somewhere (bought it, but couldn't ge on with windows)

Hopefully the members of this fine forum will be able to help me on my way and in turn perhaps I'll be able to help others. Suspect you all know OSX far better than I do though. As long as my Mac turns on on a monday and works 'til friday I'm a happy chappy - never stop to think about the voodoo going on under the surface. Guess that'll have to change now.

iamoraal

iamoraal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Hmm. Love fishing, music, programming, and most recently, Hackinstoshing! I've been playing...
Greetings! I'm posting this from my freshly minted Hachintosh running OSX 10.6.8! I also own two iMacs (19" & 24"). Thanks for all the info I've gleaned from this and other hackintosh sites. There is a lot of information and how-to's out there as well as install and kext packages that made the task a whole lot easier. This hackintosh is one "community-created" machine!
Irvin.

Frankwolfe

Frankwolfe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oh hi, I'm frank, I guess i first started getting into Hackintoshes back in the early leopard days, Back then i failed horribly XD (didn't set achi in bios and was doomed from the start) I'm really excited to be here. I now have my hack up and running. Much thanks to this community.
Oh and Hi from Vermont, Usa

digiw0rx

digiw0rx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I'm Chris.

25, Student from the UK, studying software development.

I have a desktop hackintosh and currently working on a laptop hackintosh also.

Lejenk

Lejenk

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Interests:OSx86, Cooking, Gadgets.
Hi.

I'm Alexander,

I used the nickname Deamobile, switched it to Indernaad last year.
I can not restore the password since i cant access the email address anymore.

I started using OSX on my Toshiba Satellite 220A or something, Jas 10.4.6 release, and i build from there.
Learned a lot from this forum, and was a loyal member till 2009.
Had ome time off, picking up where i left off, so Hi!

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,251 posts

Hi.

I'm Alexander,

I used the nickname Deamobile, switched it to Indernaad last year.
I can not restore the password since i cant access the email address anymore.

You could have written to contact@insanelymac.com
Welcome back, anyway
P.S. I can still reactivate your old account if you wish, you had quite few posts. But I can leave only one.

Chrisie

Chrisie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Music, Fast Cars, Fast Bikes and travelling
Oh no, I posted this first of all in the wrong area and created a topic, now thats not a good start is it? Anyway this is what I wrote and MODs feel free to delete the topic I created.

Hi im Chrisie, im 33 from Southampton, computer mad, music mad and love all types of operating systems including the old Amiga OS.

Never really had the chance to explore a Mac enough so now im trying to have a go.

Installed Mac OS on PC before and Laptop but having a few problems with an old KN1 SLI Lite, I refuse to quit lol

At home I run, computers in most rooms linked to one server. Windows, Linux but missing a Mac. Main studio PC uses eyefinity but I dont do gaming. I have an xbox 360

Could give you specs of everything but it would take me too long.

Chrisie x

Lejenk

Lejenk

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Interests:OSx86, Cooking, Gadgets.

You could have written to contact@insanelymac.com
Welcome back, anyway
P.S. I can still reactivate your old account if you wish, you had quite few posts. But I can leave only one.

Ah, thanks for the info. It's fine like this :)

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,251 posts
As you wish :)

netlabs4

netlabs4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello to All,
I"m Dorin. I live in beautiful Alaska. I am a Mac user since 2005 and recently, my MacBook Pro(early 2008) decided to pack it in. So, I have decided to revive my past failure of installing OS X 86 and see if I can make it fly this time. Things have changed dramatically here since I was perusing last, and I am happy to see that the expertise and tools are WAY OUT THERE!. My kudos to the community and admins behind it. This is truly amazing! Steve Jobs would have approved of it!!! LOL - maybe NOT... but the spirit of innovation is at its highest here, and I am humbled by what I see around.

So, without delay, I just bought an Acer V5-571 model with these specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3210M</strong> processor (3 MB L3 cache, 2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz, DDR3 1600 MHz, 35 W), supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart CacheMemory:	Dual-channel DDR3 SDRAM support:				[list][*]Up to 4 GB of DDR3 system memory, upgradable to 8 GB using two soDIMM modules[sup][url="http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook/2012/Acer/Aspire/E1-571/E1-571sp2.shtml#sup_5"]5[/url][/sup](for 64-bit OS)[/list]Display	 15.6" HD 1366 x 768 resolution, high-brightness (200-nit) Acer CineCrystal™ LED-backlit TFT LCD   16:9 aspect ratio				  Graphics:   <strong class='bbc'>Intel® HD Graphics 4000</strong> with 128 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 11, OpenGL® 3.1, OpenCL™ 1.1				WMV10 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding				<strong class='bbc'>Intel® HD Graphics 3000</strong> with 128 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1				WMV9 (VC-1) and H.264 (AVC) decoding				Dual independent display support				16.7 million colors				External resolution / refresh rate:			  [list][*]VGA port up to 2048 x 1536: 75 Hz[*]HDMI® port up to 1920 x 1080: 60 Hz[/list]				MPEG-2/DVD decoding				HDMI® (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) support											Audio	   Two built-in stereo speakers				High-definition audio support				MS-Sound compatible				Built-in microphone											Storage	 Hard disk drive				[list][*]One 320/500/750 GB[/list]				Multi-in-1 card reader, supporting:				[list][*]Secure Digital™ (SD) Card, MultiMediaCard™ (MMC), Memory Stick PRO™ (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card™ (xD)[/list]				8X DVD-Super Multi double-layer drive:				[list][*]Read: 24X CD-ROM, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-RW, 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 8X DVD-ROM DL, 8X DVD-R DL, 8X DVD+R DL, 8X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM[*]Write: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD-R, 8X DVD+R, 6X DVD-R DL, 6X DVD+R DL, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 5X DVD-RAM[/list]Webcam	 Acer Video Conference, featuring:				[list][*]Acer Crystal Eye HD webcam[*]1280 x 720 resolution[*]720p HD audio/video recording[/list]Wireless and networking	WLAN:				[list][*]802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™[/list]				LAN: Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready											Privacy control						  BIOS user, supervisor, HDD passwords				Kensington lock slot											Input and Control						  <strong class='bbc'>Keyboard</strong> 105-/106-/109-key Acer FineTouch™ keyboard with independent standard numeric keypad, international language support, dedicated US dollar and Euro symbol keys				<strong class='bbc'>Touchpad</strong>				Multi-gesture touchpad, supporting two-finger scroll, pinch, rotate, flip				<strong class='bbc'>Media Keys</strong>				Media control keys (printed on keyboard): play/pause, stop, previous, next, volume up, volume down   Input and output							Multi-in-1 card reader (SD™, MMC, MS PRO, xD)				Three USB 2.0 ports				HDMI® port with HDCP support				External display (VGA) port				Headphone/speaker jack, supporting 3.5 mm headset with built-in microphone for Acer smart handhelds				Microphone-in jack				Ethernet (RJ-45) port				DC-in jack for AC adapter

So far, I have installed(and purchased) Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I can boot via USB but trouble followed shortly.
I am hoping to meet with help from the folks that have-been-there and done-that.
Thank you again for having this great community.

Dwight_Chroot

Dwight_Chroot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Film production, auto restoration, hoarding obsolete computers and servers.
Howdy everybody;)

I came here looking for info and kexts for a Latitude e6400, and general info.

I'm still reimaging/updating windows and evaluating my hardware for some possible upgrades, and the TPM/ AMT architecture gives me the vapors;) I bought this machine for parts(bought 3 dead laptops for $75;) and I finally "took ownership" of the TPM a couple days ago, gaff taped over the camera and mic;)

This machine is creepy, but I'll save that story for another installment;)

It'll likely be at least a few more days before I do any osx experiments with this thang, but thanks for the forum, I'll be around pretty often probably(might be a little slow on replies if I get any today, have an array of other projects cooking...so please don't bother I just wanted to say hi, and I'll try to post some interesting questions when I'm ready to.

Gotta go build a trailer for a big (really huge) dog house I let a friend dump here...was gonna convert it to a chicken coop...just need to wheel it around back right now before code inforcement takes an interest in it;)

fsanchez94

fsanchez94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all! , i want to install Mac OS in my new samsung series 5 ultrabook 13'3 , 2 years ago i installed leopard on my old laptop computer , now things has changed a lot so im lost! , i want to learn everything , cause i have windows 8 but my mac mini is awesome!

giorgietto

giorgietto

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello to everybody.
My name is Giorgio and I'm italian.
I'm also a total newbie about Apple computer, OSX and so on (except some basic knowledge about iOS).
Following your forum and informations, I'd like to start my experience with an hackintosh. The hardware is already at my home and soon, if work, wife and small daughter (not necessary in this order of importance) will allow me, I will try the ML installation and dual boot procedure (Win7).

I'm sure I'll have a tons of questions, doubt and uncertains. Will retrain myself from bother and posting every few second, choosing instead to read twice and carefully all what I can find in the forum.

Time will come I'll post something, both success or failure, joy and sadness, questions (a lot) and answers (few...).
Forgive me from now all my sure stupid question.

Thank you for your attention.
G.

jtanaka

jtanaka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Audio Recording, Polenta Taragna, Kebap.
Ciao at everybody i'm Tanaka from italy,
i have successfully install 10.7.5 on my desktop, without alc892 because i use an apogee interface, and now i'm trying to install ML but is tricky!!
i only use mac at work and I hope to use it even at home, especially for audio editing and mixing.

good hack to all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy