Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hola!

I am a software engineer specializing mostly in Microsoft and web technologies.  I have been tinkering with operating systems for 16 or so years?  I have gone from the C64, to the first XTs, and pretty much everything in between (ironically skipping everything Apple).  I am big into the Android scene, and an XDA member (I don't go by the same SN).

I came to these forums in search of an active community, as last weekend I decided to engulf myself in creating a hybrid OS PC comprised of OSX / Windows 8.  I started in another forum, and while there were a lot of questions, there were no answers!  I have spent upwards of 30-40+ hours in the dregs getting my system to work, by trial and error, and doing the most insane things in desperation (mostly paid off).  As you can imagine, even though I am highly skilled in technology, I'm a nub to everything Mac, including this.

My system we are working with is a P6T Deluxe / I7 920 with 12GB RAM, 2 500GB HDs, and an NVidia 610.  I figured when Steam Streaming came out, I'd use it mostly for that, but now I find myself back on my Shield (which is FAR nicer on the electric bill) on the rare occasions I have time to kill, so I want to do something fun with this aging behemoth before it became cannon fodder (I may get a 5xxx XEON CPU to squeeze another 3-5 years out of it).  I'll give the full rundown on how this all went down on my next post (which will be a question).  I will tell you upfront that the "Mac" has full graphics acceleration, sound, hdmi sound, USB, and it works great!  There's just one thing missing...

I'm a Coloradoan.  I like to ski.  I like long walks on the beach and the wind through my hair.... OK, just kidding (although I do ski).  

I got a 'D' on my quiz - funny, huh?

I have seen the comment about commercial sites.  Before I get the axe on the first day, is "N!r3$h" off the table, or is his stuff all good?

Hello everybody, 

I used to have an hackintosh running on a shuttle xpc 2 years ago, the mother board broke down and I never had the time to fix it (ehmm replace it).

now I have a asrock G41C-GS http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G41C-GS/?cat=Manual and I was wondering if you can point me out a good updated vanilla guide to install mavericks

thanks

Hello! My name is Jhonathan, and I'm Brazilian. I'm 16 years old, and I love the world of OSX.

My first contact with a Mac, was in 2008, with my dad's iMac 24", then, in 2011 I won a MacBook Air 13". I already did 5 hackintoshes for my friends, but now, I'm going to make a build for me.

Thank you for your attention...

Hello All,

My name is Daniel and I live in Northern California. I've been a long time mac user and have several macs now at this point. I decided to mackintosh on a PC I had sitting around to learn about the builds and to rid my life of Windows once and for all. 

I work in web development and do most of my work on an iMac. I look forward to learning a bit more and trying to build a custom Hackintosh from scratch using a more optimized hardware setup. Should be fun.

Hey guys,

I'm a 30 yr old from Ireland. Built my first Hackintosh last November and apart from a nightmare of never getting bluetooth to work i love my rig so much!

I'm an active member on another popular forum which you're not allowed talk about here as the author of that forum has 'commercial intent'. It's totally wrong if he benefits from stealing code from good developers liek yourselves but if he posts links to amazon or whatever, thats not too bad right?

Anyway, I came here after reading some excellent tutorials on Yosemite. You all seem like a clever bunch so i'll defo stick around and pitch in, if I can.

Cheers!

I am a Male in the late 30s.... 

So slow down on the street lingo, upmanship, and machismo. I am not here for that. ( We do that on other private forums  :censored: )

Now for the relevant stuff.

I am lucky enough to purchase the Kickstarter campaign for the Project Q - 

Now that i have received this, i am preparing myself to jump again into the world of EFIs, OSx86, and kernel panics :-)

My last trial for hackintosh was a dell laptop and an asus quad core 5+ years ago. During that time it was for the Snow Leopard install variants.

That's it see you on the flip side.

hi i'm tom,

i'm a 49 year old musician from germany. i'm using my pc the last 15 years for recording music. this year i've bought a macbook pro and i'm thrilled

how easy and straightforward mac os x on the one hand is, on the other hand how good the macbook pro is...  two weeks ago i've bought for recording and listening pleasures

a universal audio apollo twin duo audio interface with thunderbolt. man this unit is brilliant so i thought

it would be good idea to let this interface working on my pc, since i've managed building a new pc a few weeks ago

with intel i7-4770k, as rock z87 extreme4/tb4...

one week ago this was the beginning of my journey into trying to change my pc in a hackintosh....

on gathering informations on this duty i came across to this community. nice that i found you.

yesterday it was the day of my first boot into mavericks 10.9.4 on my new mackintosh....a lot to do...

best

tom

• Like 1

Hi guys, i'm here to give and search for help.

I've been on apple, os x and hackintoshing for 10 years since Tiger: still remember the first time I equipped my compaq nx7300 with 10.4 and then with 10.5

Hope to find some interesting stuff, news and amazing people.

Cheers to everyone.

hi i'm tom,

i'm a 49 year old musician from germany. i'm using my pc the last 15 years for recording music. this year i've bought a macbook pro and i'm thrilled

how easy and straightforward mac os x on the one hand is, on the other hand how good the macbook pro is...  two weeks ago i've bought for recording and listening pleasures

a universal audio apollo twin duo audio interface with thunderbolt. man this unit is brilliant so i thought

it would be good idea to let this interface working on my pc, since i've managed building a new pc a few weeks ago

with intel i7-4770k, as rock z87 extreme4/tb4...

one week ago this was the beginning of my journey into trying to change my pc in a hackintosh....

on gathering informations on this duty i came across to this community. nice that i found you.

yesterday it was the day of my first boot into mavericks 10.9.4 on my new mackintosh....a lot to do...

best

tom

Best of luck

Number 1 tip for professionals and Hackintosh - Clone your Hackintish once it is setup properly and before every update.

Hello,

Long time Linux user, short time (about 6 years) Mac user.  Wanting to explorer and experiment a little I found InsanelyMac when I started searching for ways to install Mavericks into a Fusion VM, to subsequently install the Beta Yosemite, for testing.  Not sure why it took me so long to discover this forum but I'm looking forward to looking around and collaborating with everyone.