Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hey there peeps,

Great community you guys have here, incredibly helpful.

Ive been playing around with hackintoshs since snow leopard, and just successfully got my Surface Pro 2 dual booting with 10.9,

loving it !

I see a few users are having some troubles with this specific build, so i signed up to offer some advice :)

Goodluck to everyone here, may your hackintosh adventures be prosperous !

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm a French old guy, practicing IT since 1981,  knowlegde in PCs since then, in developping Web, php and asp, MySQL and other DB + assemblor and Visual Basic in my young age... trying now to understand Java and Android.

My job is medical practitionner, but I also worked in IT (medical).

I've always thought that Apple was not a good way of life ;-) , but now going to an old age ;-), I finally see that their OS seems to be good and stable. And if we can use PCs to use it it will be the final way to work properly (I always loved PCs as it was free to develop with, and allowed us to share things, - at the beginning - but now, I am looking for better OS than this sh... of WInd... 8.1 with OS X and Linux : it seems that now their are real parents...)

I 'm trying to use my best English, but you know that frogs are not so good in Sheakespeare Langage... and thank you all for all your help for others on this good site.

Thanks for everything

• Like 2

Hello all,

I have been using these forums for a while but never done a formal introduction... So, I am from Sweden and have been hackintoshing since 10.7 on various laptops and desktops. Thanks to all for the help you have provided!  :)

Yo!

I'm fairly new here. I have one fancy Hackintosh (6-core X58 GTX690 etc etc) that I paid someone to build for me years ago. It still runs like a charm and is the apple of my eye. I recently built a micro tax gaming htpc for myself running win 7. Now I want to dual boot it with mavericks. So now I'm here trying to actually learn the fundamentals of the process. I'm hoping not to get flamed too early on I guess with my basic questions. Anyway looking forward to educating myself.

Thanks!

Hello Everyone. My name is Vikramajit Singh and I am from India. I am in the first year of Bachelor's Degree of Computer Applications. Photography and photo editing are my hobbies. Now I am planning of getting into the field of film making too. So for that I needed some good video editing softwares and I found out that Final Cut Pro is a really good software for video editing and stuff. But it requires Mac OS to run. So, I am here to get information regarding installing Mac OS on my custom built PC. I hope I will get my answers here. :)

Hi, I'm Peter, from Germany, but have been around in the world, having lived ten years abroad in different countries. My computer experience goes back to 1984, when I bought my first computer, an Apple IIc. However, for most of my professional life I had to use Windows. Now, I have a nice laptop, an HP Elitebook 8440p, with a Magnesium alloy case, and am converting it into a hackintosh. I joined here during the last week of March 2014, and it took me about a week from zero to having a successful first installation using the "vanilla guide" (even though I still need to boot from USB with -x -v -f). See http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297268-successful-installation-of-os-x-mavericks-1092-on-hp-elitebook-8440p/.

I have been around in the world, having lived ten years abroad in different countries.

Something similar here, except that I have spent over 20 years in other European countries, including yours, that is beautiful.