Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,216 posts in this topic

My name is John. I'm really old. My birthday was nine days ago. It was number ?. I have recently succeeded in installing Mountain Lion on my HP DC7700 CMT. I has a Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ processor, two GB of PNY memory, and an Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT video card. It is installed on a separate 160 GB hard drive that I swap out to switch between Windows XP and Mountain Lion. I used iATKOS ML2 to install it. Everything works well. I have sound, good graphics, and an Internet connection. I wish that I had written down the drivers that I chose but I chose them willy-nilly and it took about four tries to get it right!!!!! Thanks for letting me join.

• Like 1

My name is John. I'm really old. My birthday was nine days ago. It was number ?

What does it matter? We have several members who have passed the half century mark, lol. Some of them are very knowledgeable and have helped a lot. What really matters is your mental age.

Anyway, welcome everybody :)

• Like 1

Hi, I'm infrid, 

I'm such a n00b that I didn't come here before making a complete {censored} of myself in the graphics forums, mentioning tony-he-who-does-not-deserve-to-be-mentioned in my posts and even offering a bounty. Basically I should've pissed off a whole lot of people; but the guys here are really nice and encouraging and forgiving.

Thanks a lot guys - I really appreciate the hardwork and ethos of sharing here, and now having seen the light, will stick around here and use the tools and advice here instead of the all in one solutions lining other people's pockets, and learn a bit more.

I'm an expat living in Bolivia, and I have a stack of macs (I'm a mac developer). I'm on a mission to share OS X with people here. In Bolivia macs are crazy expensive; but I can persuade my friends to drop the cash for an OS X install, and then share the beauty of OS X with them. It makes me so happy to see these guys who were slaves to windows actually making movies, playing with music, and just really enjoying using a computer to do more than just facebook.

So thank you for helping me help people here. It's really appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm Ken from Toronto, Ontario, Canada and I recently installed Mavericks on my Samsung Chronos 7 notebook which I'm dual booting with Windows 7. I should warn you I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to Apple and Mavericks so if the questions I ask seem naive, please don't laugh. ;)

Just wanted to say hello to all. I owned Windows PCs and laptops forever but I was more of a plain old user. I took a plunge into the Mac platform a year ago and man, I really love using my sleek MacBook Pro. I want to learn so much more and it's because of my MBP. So you can say I'm hooked on Mac  :)

I don't consider myself a techie yet, but I'm slowly getting there. Thanks and cheers to everyone!

Hello all,

Richard from the UK here. (Midlands)

Just setup my first hackintosh, so registered here to info and to see what I can improve on in my install.

Current System is based on a HP Z800 Workstation with, 2x Xeon E5660 2.83Ghz 6 Core CPUs. 48Gb Ram, 2x 240Gb SSDs (1 OSX & 1 WIN8.1), GTX760 Graphics Card & 4x4Tb HDDs

Also fitted 2 Port PCI SATA 6GBs Card as the Ports on the motherboard are SATA 3Gbs and very slow with SSDs,  Also fitted a 4 Port PCI USB 3 Card as Motherboard is USB2 only

Running with a Belkin Bluetooth Dongle for Apple Magic Mouse, and a Loghitech G510s Keyboard

Entire Build (Not including the 4x4Tb Drives) cost about £1300 

hey y'all,

i'm mike, and I'm putting together my first PC in about 7 years. I moved to macOS for college, and now I want to build a desktop from scratch. I'd like to learn how to partition 1/2 windows & 1/2 macOS. I've got about $1100 to make something crack for video editing & playing games.

cheers!

Hello

Je suis newbi dans le domaine du hackintosh et je cherche des infos concernant les compatiblités matériels pour installer et utiliser correctement Mac OSX

Merci d'avance pour tous vos conseilles

Merci également de votre indulgence :angel:

Config:

ASUS P5WDH Deluxe

Intel Q6600 2.4@3.2GHz

6 Go de DDR2 800MHz

SSD 128 Go Plextor

HDD samsung 1 To

AMD HD7870 2Go

le tout watercoolé :happymac:

hey guys.  my name's milo.  i've built computers, spliced together laptops at work, and currently repair computers (where I get to have access to tech fun).  nice to meet you all.

I have a 17" 2011 MBP with a data doubler, sshd, hd, 8gb and 10.9/mint dual boot.

Hi, my name is antonio, i choose Aigors because i love Young Frankenstein movie :D i'm from italy, i'm a system manager, play with severa Os and things like SAN backup and so on 

• Like 1