Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hello all! 

I am Blipotech a current engineering student of computer software for mostly mobile devices with Java Android SDK and iOS. I also like to use CS6 for graphic, html, and project development and Logic for music production. I have finished my Haswell Hackintosh build and successfully have OS X Mavericks 10.9 up and running with only cosmetic (Graphic) issues. 

Build: 

intel i7 4770k 

nVidia GTX 770 2gb 

8GB ram 

500GB HDD, 128GB SSD 

Gigabyte z87-HD3 

This forum has been a great tool for both pre and post installation and has a very helpful and healthy community. I find myself visiting more and more often!

hi all my name is Carl IM from Canada and im a IT. I just dicided to build my self a  multiboot pc ( wanna try to get it up to 4 (windows 7 windows 8  Linux, and hackintosh.

im still new in the hackintosh stuff , so  I searched for a forum where I could get help  or even chat and I end out finding this site.

im 38 yrs old  I speak French( my first language even tho I have a lot of trouble writing it (make a lot of error) but I also  lived for 6 month in bc and alberta and improved my English.

im sure ill have a lot of fun working on this . and ill work from work at first.

Hello from South Florida! I am so very excited to learn more about this wonderful world. I have always dreamed of getting Mac OS to run on regular HW available ever since the concept has been around when Apple switched to Intel. FINALLY I have the drive to dive right on in! Seems much more open to other HW then it was in the beginning! I am hell bent on getting OSX to run on my AMD HP LAPTOP...since it is what i am working with. Look forward to discussing with you all.

Hello! My name is Valerie. I'm a Computer Sciences student, graduating in networks management. I'm 22 years old, and my native language is French. I've wanted a Mac for long. However, they are WAYYY too pricy for my liking, so I started searching for a way to put MacOS on a Windows based computer. After a couple seconds, I found iDeneb, which was easy to install, but kinda glitchy on my laptop. So I decided to join this forum in order to get help for my own installations, but also provide help for others who might have various problems.

I know a lot about Windows, a little less lot about Linux ( Ubuntu , Debian, PFSense), and a bit about Mac. 

I am not a good English speaker because I'm not used to speak English, but I do understand everything. Please bear that in mind. 

That sums it up. Thanks!!!

Hi

I am Hassan From Pakistan

Currently Studying Software Engineering , about to start my junior year

I have been developing for android as part of semester project since my last semester.

Over the summer i decided to go into ios development , but since i dont have the $$$ to buy a mac i have started looking into converting my probook into one

I am not even sure if my probook is supported

Hewlett-Packard HP ProBook 4520s

2.53 gigahertz Intel Core i3 M 380
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
3072 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Hyper-threaded (4 total)

AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series [Display adapter]

Hello, all. My name is Yoojin.

I am joining after installing OS X on my Sony Vaio VPC-Z1390X with iAtkos 10.8.2. A quick search of the 'net will reveal that there is little or no documentation about OS X running on this particular model so I would like to post some information about how I got this far in the appropriate sub-forum of InsanelyMac.

Would somebody care to direct my next post?

Hi, I'm UrbanBard.

I spent some time over at TonyMacx86 and constructed one of their builds.

GA-Z77X-UD5H

Intel i7-3770

Intel H4000 graphics

16 Gb memory

SanDisk Extreme 120Gb SSD

Seagate Barracuda 1Tb 7200 rpm HDD

Corsair Enthusiast 650 Watt 80 plus Bronze PS

Corsair Carbide Black 500R Mid tower.

HP Pavillian 27 xi LED- lit Monitor

Logitech Z313 Speaker system

Sony AD-7280S-0B Optical drive

It's been a learning experience. It took a week or so before I was satisfied. I was always able to work my way though my problems. Everything works on my system, but my build isn't exotic. It has been an interesting experience. I'm likely to build a budget (Mavericks) system for my sister for Christmas. I think I'll build it the InsanelyMac way, although, that requires more knowledge.

The first Mac I used was a new Macintosh Se/30 (at work.)  I used a series of different computers in my later occupation as a facility engineer. My personal Mac's were a Mac II si, a Lime Green iMac (2001) and a 2007 flat screen iMac, until just recently.

This is the first time I've tried to build a computer and, for the most part, It went well. That may be a result of formerly being an electronic tech. I gave that up to go into management and to work as a System manager on a Cadam/ Catia system. This means that I mostly have experiance as a Mac user and on other computers by constructing layouts of computer installations. I never was a programmer or one who used terminal very much. Now, I am retired. This computer is vastly more powerful than I need. But, I intend to experiment on how I can use it. There is lots to learn and it seems that this place is more condusive to experimentation than TonyMacx86.  I could follow their methods, but I never learned why I did anything. It could just as well be mumbo-jumbo.

Hello! My name is Bart.

I'm not as tech savvy as most of you. So, I'd appreciate it if you'd be patient and keep the jargon at a basic level with me.

My goal is to take my old Dell Inspiron 1011 (aka, 10v) from 10.5.8 to 10.6.

If someone can guide me as to where I should post a more detailed question regarding this pursuit, I'd appreciate it.

Hey y'all. New here.… somehow came just very recently to the Hackintosh scene by some whim. Running iAtkos V7 currently on a Compaq CQ57-439WM I got last year with Windows 7, which got Ubuntu put on the day it came home. Somehow Ubuntu is/was becoming very bloated and even with "Lightweight Ubuntu Distributions" like LXLE and its ilk, even LXLE with Linux kernel 3.8 (or whatever it is now) became a very horrible RAM hog… after the system was booted for only an hour. RAM would climb up toward 80% even with just two applications open: mail and web browser, an hour later. (LXLE, an acronym for Lubuntu eXtra Life Extension, has a "system heath meter" which shown you your up time, CPU and RAM usage, among other things.)

So, I started to get interested in running Mac OS X but didn't have any funds to go to the Apple Store in the city next to me (MacArthur Center Mall in Norfolk, VA) and plunk down hard-earned cash for even a decent Mac Mini, so a little bored Googling came into order, and then I got interested in running Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware. So, about a week later, hardly any sleep and living off of microwaved grub, I've gained an experience that my friends and such are amazed at my "intelligence" (lol) about this. But sometimes, you gotta join a forum to ask for help because I know I'm not alone in this either.

But, I'm glad to be a part here. And now I'm learning how to install Lion thanks to a ton of bookmarks and other places on Hackintoshing, including this place. Thanks and I hope I learn a lot here, especially like I did on another forum, which is a totally different subject altogether and I kindly decline not to post what that forum is.