Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Hi i am Chuck a long time mac user, since way before System 10, i know unix ok, enough to develop C++ software on. i have never set up linux system, and and only use the terminal occasionally and stay in my home folders. Mainly coz on Mac i never 100% sure how its Unix is OS 10 specific.

I am hopin to buy a GA-z77-DSRH and an i5-3570 and make a Hacintosh. I love macs but over the last 10 years they have gotton too expensive to buy anything but refurbs and used machines. My last laptop broke a few months, and i just cant afford a replacement so i was gonna try this. I have built 5 to 10 pc's because i game too. somewhere around 2000-2005 macs just got to expensive to game with.

Thank for the the forem and hackintosh comunitty.

Greetings all.

I am iCeborg and I reside in the cold netherworld of Cyberia. I have been successful with my last two attempts of installing OS X on my desktop, and this is my third attempt and this time, I plan to install Mountain Lion on my desktop.

I am usually just a PM away, so just shoot any questions you have...

Cheers!

iCeborg.

• Like 1

Hi i am chuck ... i am software engineer but only the last 10 years .... i had macs since the apple II. I just got GA-z77-ds3h r1.1, an ivy league and i am running on board video. I am building a new AMD build too on the evil window side .... its up and runnin on 4.6.8 but like everyone else no audio or ethernet. Tonight i may borrow a friends mac to download the 10.8 update ... but looks like a while till its up to par. ... got to run but nice to meet everyone.

Hi,

I am not new here, I just don't post unless needed. I prefer to read first.

Unfortunately the forum sent me an email telling me that my account will be closed unless I use it. So here goes.

Actually I like to chat about OSX and OSx86 too. My mileage with OSx86 has been not good. I have way too many other things to take my time, so I usually prefer real  hardware and migrate my /users/home since 2004.

Cheers: Pete

Hi,

I'm Aussie from Australia.

The following is long for an introduction but explains why I am here.

Aim:

Via this site I hope to learn how to build an up-to-date PC with new 'recently' released

components (e.g., motherboard late 2011 to 2012 release) readily available here in Oz and supplied locally;

I'm open to the idea an 'off the shelf' PC option (or laptop) for warranty reasons e.g., Dell, HP etc; desktop preferred over

laptop but am open minded; that will run at least OS X 10.7 and hopefully 10.8 and beyond (will also be running

Linux and Windows if my hackintosh project fails); that has initially 'mid' range performance-at least as good as

Apple hardware of similar spec but hopefully better; that is CPU and other component upgradeable as budget allows

(e.g., may start with i5 and upgrade to i7 depending on the cost of build of a desktop solution);

that offers a cost advantage to Apple hardware of similar spec; that will have at least a four year working life.

I've attempted to research hardware options via this site in the past but have found a good deal of the hardware

is dated (at least that is the opinion of the suppliers I've talked to and my project has faltered before purchasing).

I'm trying to avoid 'special orders' as this attracts a premium. As my country has a smallish population supply

issues can arise. I'm trying to aim at PCs or components that are sold in volume here so that cost is minimised.

The process of, for example, cross referencing motherboard models between the hardware compatability list,

the manufacturers web sites, and what is available locally is tricky and exhausting. I'm hoping to learn from the

advice and experience of others to add to my own 'research' and speed up the project.

I've basically got to get it right from the start. If I can't get a workable spec right on 'paper' in a reasonable time

frame I may give up and buy Apple hardware or even switch and go to the 'dark side' :|

Cheers

Aussie

Hello, this is Lefteris, from Greece. Hackintosh came to new when my bro got a new pc 6 years ago, and i wanted to try osx, just to see what the fuss is about. That try failed, cause i was to young and impatient :P

A year ago, my new pc came home, and finally osx went on. 3-4 installations later, i'm stable on 10.6. Previous installs failed due to rushed updates and so on. I'm here to get help make my system better, faster, and eventualy to update!

Hello all Im new here and would love to learn all i can Im building a Windows computer with in the confines of a Powermac g5 case i have seen a lot of installs and mods doing this Im still trying to figure out if i want to make it a hackintosh though i would love to put OSX 10 on it I love my iMac it's a 2009 model and i think slowing i love OSX 10 I think i want to duo boot for better gaming thou

here is before and after so far the internals will either be AMD or Intel i have not decided yet

post-1103081-0-09355900-1355869583_thumb.jpg

Hi, im Delano im dutch live in holland and since a couple of days i have my own macbook 1,1 with snow leo on it.

I have had lion on another one but i like snow leopard just fine, and since this is now my own macbook i'd like to join a forum and help out where ever i can :D

Weel thats that and il see yall around

Hi, new here. I made a hackintosh before, but I just followed a recipe and didn't really know what I was doing. Here's hoping that I learn how to "cook" instead of just "adding two cups of sugar and one quart milk."

• Like 1